Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2012, 12:20 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,584 times

Advertisements

Drugs can make people do crazy things. Whether that story is true or not this one is.
[b]
"After taking psychedelic mushrooms, a California man gouged out his MMA training partner's heart, eyes and tongue, all while he was still alive."
[/B

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/c...charges-052312
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 12:22 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Default ugh.

I read this in the daily news here in NY, And they described it in detail. I wish I skipped the paper this morning.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Who is "the church" - and how can anyone go against it?

I will answer my own question. The entire body of the Christian faith is the church. There is no central authority except for our Lord, Jesus Christ. Christians disagree about many things - but most of the issues debated are non-essential. Transubstantiation is one of those. The medieval and Rennaissance church leaders were entangled with the European monarchs who wished to use the church to control the people. Denying transubstantiation at that time was a crime against the state - not the church. The ecclesiastical courts would try the "heretics" and then hand them over to the monarch for execution. I wrote a paper about the mess caused by the entanglement of church and state during the medieval period. People who scream "separation of church and state" when trying to keep religious beliefs from influencing public policy today in the United States really do not understand what truly constitutes church/state entanglement.

I can say that the Catholic belief in transubstantiation is wrong because it contradicts the words of Jesus Christ. Belief in transubstantiation does not matter - remembering Jesus through the act of eating the communion meal does - and most importantly - accepting Jesus as Lord, confessing ones sins - and living for Him.
You mean like what Jesus said here:For Jesus said, “If you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his blood, you will not have life in you.” (John 6:53)
and again: “He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I in him” (John 6:56).

Old 05-28-2012, 12:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You mean like what Jesus said here:For Jesus said, “If you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his blood, you will not have life in you.” (John 6:53)
and again: “He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I in him” (John 6:56).
Do some research on transubstantiation and then get back to me. It is obvious that you are not interested in actually learning anything and just want to play games by setting Christian beliefs against each other. I have already said that it will not work. Go study.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Do some research on transubstantiation and then get back to me. It is obvious that you are not interested in actually learning anything and just want to play games by setting Christian beliefs against each other. I have already said that it will not work. Go study.
I just quoted Jesus in the bible. HIS words.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I just quoted Jesus in the bible. HIS words.
So, are you saying that you a Catholic?

Old 05-28-2012, 12:41 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,180 times
Embrace that this is the start of the Zombie Apocolypse...the sooner you do, the better chance you survive

Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
So, are you saying that you a Catholic?
For Jesus said, “If you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his blood, you will not have life in you.” (John 6:53)

Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Embrace that this is the start of the Zombie Apocolypse...the sooner you do, the better chance you survive

Old 05-28-2012, 12:46 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Your link isn't working............ not sure I really want to know
Best post I've seen in awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies