Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 11:05 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times

Advertisements

It's always so comical how lefties try to spin what people say and do, even to the extent of dismissing what the person him/herself says. A couple of days ago, it was Obama speaking metaphorically when he referred to "my sons"--that he considers all children to be his sons and daughters--when he was clearly just reading what was on the teleprompter without really thinking about it. And here we are in this thread reading the spin put on what Richard Grennell had to say about leaving the Romney campaign. It must be especially galling to them that Mr. Grennell says, "Some of the most hateful, mean-spirited intolerant comments about me being the foreign policy and national security spokesman for Governor Romney … were coming from the left." A couple of years ago, Juan Williams, the liberal political news figure said the same thing......that he had been accused by leftists of becoming "too conservative" as he got older and that the most hateful attacks had come from fellow Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 02:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It's always so comical how lefties try to spin what people say and do, even to the extent of dismissing what the person him/herself says. A couple of days ago, it was Obama speaking metaphorically when he referred to "my sons"--that he considers all children to be his sons and daughters--when he was clearly just reading what was on the teleprompter without really thinking about it. And here we are in this thread reading the spin put on what Richard Grennell had to say about leaving the Romney campaign. It must be especially galling to them that Mr. Grennell says, "Some of the most hateful, mean-spirited intolerant comments about me being the foreign policy and national security spokesman for Governor Romney … were coming from the left." A couple of years ago, Juan Williams, the liberal political news figure said the same thing......that he had been accused by leftists of becoming "too conservative" as he got older and that the most hateful attacks had come from fellow Democrats.
Yep. The lefties don't care about reality - just about preaching how horrible and intolerant conservatives are and how "tolerant" they are (which is quite ironic) or how wonderful Obama is regardless of his record and what a skilled speaker he is, when all he's doing the vast majority of the time is just reading a teleprompter. It's amusing, isn't it?

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-27-2012 at 03:04 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 03:01 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Those few gay republicans that exist tend to be vehemently republican. They will jab the left whenever they can because they are grasping for a reason to side with the right.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Those few gay republicans that exist tend to be vehemently republican. They will jab the left whenever they can because they are grasping for a reason to side with the right.
Like you know what in their minds......this has got to be the absolute stupidest bit of self-delusion I have yet seen on this forum.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:23 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Like you know what in their minds......this has got to be the absolute stupidest bit of self-delusion I have yet seen on this forum.
How many gay republican friends do you have? I have quite a few. I can only attest to my own experiences. One thing is for sure. Republicans are against gay Americans having equal rights. So I can think of no reason why they would vote republican.

Last edited by CravingMountains; 05-27-2012 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
How many gay republican friends do you have? I have quite a few. I can only attest to my own experiences. One thing is for sure. Republicans are against gay Americans having equal rights. So I can think of no reason why they would vote republican.
I flat out do not believe you.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Both the far right and far left made a lot of noise about Grenell. I'm sick of the Romney apologists acting like there's no culpability among conservatives for the departure of Grenell.

Cyd Zeigler: The Celebration of Richard Grenell's Resignation Shows How Similar the Far Left and Far Right Have Become

Old 05-27-2012, 05:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Romney fired him for because he was gay. No matter how he tries to salvage his career, nothing will change that.
You got proof to back that up? He didn't get fired the dude quit. And who the hell believes liberals are tolerant? They're some of the most close minded people I've seen.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:30 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Yes we want gays to pick cotton, and ride on the back of the bus.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yes we want gays to pick cotton, and ride on the back of the bus.

I think that you meant to say, "Style our hair and design our home interiors"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies