Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Huh looks like the FRENCH President has time to honor American GI's that liberated his country.

'Band of Brothers' honored on D-Day anniversary » Kitsap Sun

So nice of all you Americans to give your President a pass.

Obama spoke there in 2009. Romney tweeted today as well: SMH.

Obama tweets for D-Day - The Hill's Twitter Room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 07:23 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
It maybe a serious question but you already know my answer based on what I have already posted.
Well no I don't. You haven't said anything about what you thought Obama should have done.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
It maybe a serious question but you already know my answer based on what I have already posted.
I don't know the answer, please tell me!?!!?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:52 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
God, defending that steaming pile is now a full-time job for the c-d lefties. They're gonna hate November.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:58 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
..... a full-time job for the c-d lefties.
mitt tweeted today also.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
God, defending that steaming pile is now a full-time job for the c-d lefties. They're gonna hate November.
Actually, I think people are just wondering what the problem is with Obama tweeting. Maybe you can tell me why you find it so offensive since no one else will.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Talk about figuratively spitting on the graves of the brave American Soldiers who died on D-Day and the invasion of France to take back Europe from Nazi Germany.

Shame on you President Obama.

Obama tweets D-Day

FDR D-Day Speech June 6, 1944 - YouTube
You failed to mention to our progressive friends that FDR, the Democrat hero, who it seems Obama wants to be like did something in that video you put up that Obama just can't do. He prayed for over 6 minutes in that speech to the people of the nation and the words Father, Almighty God, God, and other references to the Christian God kept coming up. I don't think that Obama has any speech writers who could write that prayer let alone the ability to say something like that.

Lets remind the progs that Obama has declared that the US is not a Christian nation any longer. I wonder how much like FDR good old Prince Barack can ever be. He wants us to see him as a hero but he never could do what FDR did in that one. It is a shame that not one of these cruds has bothered to hear that or at least hear it through and comment about what the President of the United States did that historic day.

Compare Obama's tweet to the word of the man he wants to be like. Funny.

I wonder how many of our progressive friends saw that thread last night with all the tweets about the death of Scotty, as they called him in their chanting and squealing. I was very embarrassed when I read those things that any group of Americans could act like that.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Whatever!! You know damn well the OLD GUY ( if real) doesn't know or care what a tweet is. Troll better sir.
I see that you didn't get to see the tweets that were provided from the Wisconsin residents last night. Anyone who has a mind left would wonder what kind of thing that was all about. I was so embarrassed for those enemies of the elected governor.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Obama spoke there in 2009. Romney tweeted today as well: SMH.

Obama tweets for D-Day - The Hill's Twitter Room
Did you watch that video of the President of the USA in the OP? I bet you are like the rest of the progs here in that if you heard FDR praying for 6 minutes you couldn't have taken it. However, the people of the US considered themselves to be a Christian nation and Obama declared that no longer the truth early in his reign. I doubt that Obama has a speech writer that could write a prayer like that one and I am sure that if Obama did he would have to deliver it in Arabic like he wrote it.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
However, the people of the US considered themselves to be a Christian nation

Hmmm....do you think non-christian US citizens feel the same way?
Or do they somehow not count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies