Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support straight pride parades?
I would support a straight pride parade. 43 30.94%
I would not support a straight pride parade. 61 43.88%
I would seek to have straight pride parades banned if they strated to take place in large numbers. 4 2.88%
I have no opinion. 31 22.30%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:21 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,355,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
They are mostly ran by these guys

Godwin Rules!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,624,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
They are? That is funny - I have never seen one.
Really? You never see heterosexuals holding hands, hugging, kissing? Making big deals of marriage proposals and weddings? Dancing at company parties and proms? Being celebrated on TV and in movies for their journeys of love? What about Cinderella being adored by her Prince at the Disney Parade every day of the year?

There's no reason for a Straight Pride Parade because we see it day-in, day-out.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,070,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Really? You never see heterosexuals holding hands, hugging, kissing? Making big deals of marriage proposals and weddings? Dancing at company parties and proms? Being celebrated on TV and in movies for their journeys of love? What about Cinderella being adored by her Prince at the Disney Parade every day of the year?

There's no reason for a Straight Pride Parade because we see it day-in, day-out.
I have never seen entire city streets and blocks being taken over in an organized event for any of those purposes.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:

You aren't saying that it would offend you are you? If not, why do you care what others do on their Saturday morning?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have never seen entire city streets and blocks being taken over in an organized event for any of those purposes.
Why would anyone do the work to block off entire city streets for a day when it goes on on city streets all of the time? No need to have a special parade event to celebrate what is always celebrated.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:35 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,168,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Godwin Rules!!
Let's be honest, what kind of person would show up to a straight pride fest??? Extremist fanatics.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You aren't saying that it would offend you are you? If not, why do you care what others do on their Saturday morning?
Why would I be offended by what is so ordinary as to be banal? The fact is is that no one is going to go take the time and expend the energy to organize the Straight Pride Parade. Head down to the mall and there it is.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,482,831 times
What others do is up to them. For me nope! don't need a parade straight or other, to celebrate who i am. I know who i am, and don't need no parade to parade in.

And marriage proposals, and weddings, are not parades! when couples get married, it is a celebration of the union. Afterwards the reception which is not a parade.
Don't need no straight parade, to make a statement, i am who i am, and that happens to be straight.

I do respect people being honest within themselves, of who they truly are. And for those who have struggled a lifetime of being afraid to come out, Don't now is the time.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Let's be honest, what kind of person would show up to a straight pride fest??? Extremist fanatics.
What if there is? Most gay pride parades aren't extreme? Do they really represent gay folk overall?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Why would I be offended by what is so ordinary as to be banal? The fact is is that no one is going to go take the time and expend the energy to organize the Straight Pride Parade. Head down to the mall and there it is.
Likely not. But if there was one, you would be O.K. with it then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies