Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2012, 08:31 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,805,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Again, calling a bird a car, does not make a bird a car. State run capitalisms like the Soviet Union, that completely abandoned nearly every tenant of communism, starting with them implementing the system top down, are not communists.

You find me anything that even remotely resembles Marxism, AS WRITTEN, and I will withdraw my argument.
I have to prove something here? LOL. Maybe you try to persuade thousands of Russian communist still marching on first of may that their red regime had nothing to do with communism. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 08:32 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,455,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
From the article:

These people live in a free country that protects commerce with laws, police and a judicial system that adjudicates disputes. There are public roads, canals and an air system that allows them to safely send and receive materials. There is a public education system that educated them and their employees. There is a public/private power and energy system that is highly reliable. There is a communication network. There is a regulation system that set standards that protect them and their workers, etc., etc.

Yet, these people feel they did it all by themselves (and didn't even state what they actually do) and probably sit around and complain about taxes, that supported all the systems that helped make them a success.

Bill Gates Sr. used to say this: Suppose you were given the choice of being born in America or in Ethiopia. What proportion of your eventual fortune would you be willing to give to be born in America? Given the great good fortune of getting to live and run a business in this country that has all the advantages an advanced country with a decent system provides, how can you think it’s all you? And then, how can you feel you don’t have any obligation to pay it back?

Besides our children, who pays for these things?

That's right, workers and business operators.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:19 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,218,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If they can get a CPA for $9 an hour, he wouldn't need to use a cash register.

Why wouldnt he need to use a cash register? Because he has math skills? The cash register has more purpose than "adding".

Old 06-15-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
And yeah, communism is against private property. Read the Manifesto again.
Communism advocates COLLECTIVISM of private property, not NATIONALIZATION. They are two disctinctively different concepts.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Wrong. "Revolution" means violent event as opposed to evolution. Have you ever seen non-violent revolution? LOL
Revolution does not mean "violent"

Dictionary.com definition

1. an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
2. Sociology . a radical and pervasive change in society and the social structure, especially one made suddenly and often accompanied by violence. Compare social evolution.
3. a sudden, complete or marked change in something: the present revolution in church architecture.
4. a procedure or course, as if in a circuit, back to a starting point.
5. a single turn of this kind.

The reason why violence "often" accompanies revolutions, is because its nearly impossible to separate the establishment from their power without killing them. Rarely will they just roll over without a fight, but its not without precedent. There have been many rulers in history who pretty much just left without a fight and left a power vacuum in their wake.

Quote:
Both in Russia and Cuba revolutions were of course bloody and undertaken predominantly by poor masses: laborers and farm workers.
The same masses who later became oppressed. You are right. There is a penalty for stupidity

You need to pick up a book and see who actually composed the Bolsheviks (and their leadership) and who actually composed Castros army. Ill get you started with a clue, it wasnt the average common laborer.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I have to prove something here? LOL. Maybe you try to persuade thousands of Russian communist still marching on first of may that their red regime had nothing to do with communism. Lol.
Obviously if you call a bird a car enough times, some people, like them, and you, will believe it.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Obviously if you call a bird a car enough times, some people, like them, and you, will believe it.
LOL. I am calling a bird exactly what it is: a bird. Soviet Union for over 60 years was ruled by the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. What makes you think that you know better than millions of Russian communists, what is and what is not communism???

Old 06-15-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Revolution does not mean "violent"

The reason why violence "often" accompanies revolutions, is because its nearly impossible to separate the establishment from their power without killing them. Rarely will they just roll over without a fight, but its not without precedent. There have been many rulers in history who pretty much just left without a fight and left a power vacuum in their wake.
You need to pick up a book and see who actually composed the Bolsheviks (and their leadership) and who actually composed Castros army. Ill get you started with a clue, it wasnt the average common laborer.

I don't have to pick up a book to find out. My family had to flee because of the Red Plague so I am very familiar with the history of that part of the world...

You are dead wrong: even though the leadership of Bolsheviks were often of noble origins (who else was literate at those times?) the actual "soldiers of the revolution" were mostly illiterate workers and peasants.

There was simply not enough noblemen in Russia to revolt against themselves

As far as revolutions are concerned.. well show me one that was not violent. From French Revolution, American Revolution to Bolshevik Revolution all of them were violent.
Honestly, I don't know any other kind so if it wasn't violent it probably was not a revolution.

Last edited by rebel12; 06-15-2012 at 08:55 AM..

Old 06-15-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Communism advocates COLLECTIVISM of private property, not NATIONALIZATION. They are two disctinctively different concepts.
I think you meant collectivization and you are partially right. However existing property has to be be first nationalized to be then transformed into collective property and that's what Bolsheviks did, they nationalized all the land and factories. People lost their land, factories and stores.

Last edited by rebel12; 06-15-2012 at 08:36 AM..

Old 06-15-2012, 08:36 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,707,835 times
US also lost the factories-to cheap products manufactured in communist China. We also lost many big box stores-bankruptcy. Peaople lost their houses in this crisis.
Quote:
I think you meant collectivization and you are right. However existing property has to be be first nationalized to be then transformed into collective property and that's what Bolsheviks did, they nationalized all the land and factories. People lost their land, factories and stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies