Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 12:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I live in a border state. Anyone can see there are a lot fewer around than before. You can ask any one of the ones who are left, and they'll tell you about how many in their community have given up and gone home. (Of course, you wouldn't be able to do that if you don't speak Spanish... )There have been media articles on this phenomenon, and also about how interest among Mexicans in Mexico in coming to the US to work has dwindled. Reporters do research, you know. They interview people here and in Mexico.
Yo si hablo espanol --- bastante bien and I also live in a border state and can tell you that there are more coming than ever. One fourth of Ciudad Juarez has bailed out and is now living north of the border and there's no relief in sight.

Y por que hace usted mentiras? I never said I couldn't speak Spanish. Why do you lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 12:44 PM

And I'm also close enough to the border to realize there are no agents standing there counting illegals going in either direction. That is not being done.

A good indicator is of course remittances to Mexico and those are way up - higher than ever, over $2 billion a month. Unless you're going to try to claim that illegals just got bigger pay raises than did Americans and so few just happen to have more money to send home.

http://eldiariodelestudiante.com/archives/17338

Distrito Federal— Los datos definitivos del Censo de Población y Vivienda 2010, dados a conocer el día de ayer en la Ciudad de México, advierten que en Juárez cerca de una cuarta parte de las viviendas están desocupadas, pues de las 467 mil 151 casas que existen en el municipio, 111 mil 103 están solas.

El porcentaje de viviendas deshabitadas por entidad federativa muestra que Baja California cuenta con un mayor peso relativo (18.8 por ciento), seguida por Chihuahua (18.7 por ciento), Zacatecas (18.2 por ciento) y Tamaulipas (18.1 por ciento), algunos de las cuales son estados con tradición migratoria”, se afirmó en un análisis realizado a los principales resultados del Censo.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:01 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You are very gullible if you believe any have gone back home. They may be trouble finding employment but all it takes is to plop out babies here and they live like queens and kings compared to those who work hard for a living back home.

No one is counting illegals coming over or returning home at the border -- so how would you know they're going back? Also minimum wage in Mexico is still under $5 a DAY and they illegals can live a whole lot better laying around getting food stamps, WIC, free housing, free meals in schools using their US born babies than working for $5 a day can give them.

As long as the food stamps, Medicaid, WIC and everything else is provided, they're not going anywhere.

Remittances to Mexico are considerably up in 2011 and again in 2012 --- illegals are doing better than ever, so why would they leave?
I assume by your post, that you think all Immigrants from Mexico are illegal.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:02 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Yo si hablo espanol --- bastante bien and I also live in a border state and can tell you that there are more coming than ever. One fourth of Ciudad Juarez has bailed out and is now living north of the border and there's no relief in sight.

Y por que hace usted mentiras? I never said I couldn't speak Spanish. Why do you lie?
I didn't lie. More reading comprehension problems from the right...*sigh* I said you wouldn't be able to talk to illegals IF you don't speak Spanish. I didn't say you don't speak Spanish. Many ranting here about illegals, though, don't speak Spanish. This has come up on other threads. It was more of a collective "you" I was referring to. Why do you falsely accuse me of lies?

Old 06-16-2012, 01:03 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
And I'm also close enough to the border to realize there are no agents standing there counting illegals going in either direction. That is not being done.

A good indicator is of course remittances to Mexico and those are way up - higher than ever, over $2 billion a month. Unless you're going to try to claim that illegals just got bigger pay raises than did Americans and so few just happen to have more money to send home.

Ciudad Juárez es la segunda ciudad con más casas abandonadas en el país*|*El Diario del Estudiante

Distrito Federal— Los datos definitivos del Censo de Población y Vivienda 2010, dados a conocer el día de ayer en la Ciudad de México, advierten que en Juárez cerca de una cuarta parte de las viviendas están desocupadas, pues de las 467 mil 151 casas que existen en el municipio, 111 mil 103 están solas.

El porcentaje de viviendas deshabitadas por entidad federativa muestra que Baja California cuenta con un mayor peso relativo (18.8 por ciento), seguida por Chihuahua (18.7 por ciento), Zacatecas (18.2 por ciento) y Tamaulipas (18.1 por ciento), algunos de las cuales son estados con tradición migratoria”, se afirmó en un análisis realizado a los principales resultados del Censo.
Nice post. The mods delete posts in Spanish, though. We'll see how long this one lasts.

It's a good point someone made; there's no way to know if the remittances are generated by US citizens or by illegals.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:10 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
23 BILLION dollars left our economy last year how is that not hurting our country? Especially in these economic times?
It is also taking jobs from out of work Americans here legally how is that not hurting our economy?
How many $$$ leave our economy to workers in jobs outsourced by corporate America?

How may $$$ leave our country for offshore tax-havens?

Old 06-16-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I didn't lie. More reading comprehension problems from the right...*sigh* I said you wouldn't be able to talk to illegals IF you don't speak Spanish. I didn't say you don't speak Spanish. Many ranting here about illegals, though, don't speak Spanish. This has come up on other threads. It was more of a collective "you" I was referring to. Why do you falsely accuse me of lies?
You are almost funny. One minute you're condemning me for not speaking Spanish which I actually do, and then you're trying to get me in trouble for providing you a source on the very large problem of abandoned houses in may parts of Mexico which are a good indicator of how many are leaving that country -- still -- to come here illegally. You tried to claim that illegals are returning to Mexico but there is absolutely no evidence of that in Mexico. It's just some political games that some apparently cannot see through to claim that large numbers are returning. Those abandoned houses sit empty proving otherwise.

For those who don't speak Spanish, that source shows the number of abandoned houses (18.2 por ciento = 18%) in various parts of Mexico. There is no mystery where the former inhabitants went. It's also in that article that these are areas that "migrants" to the USA came from.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:21 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Ronald Reagan opened the floodgates for illegal immigration with real amnesty and in 2005 George W Bush facilitated illegals shipping money out of the US to Mexico under the Federal Reserve program "Directo a Mexico."

'Directo a Mexico' - Times-Standard Online

Old 06-16-2012, 01:27 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,853 times
Quote:
I live in a border state. Anyone can see there are a lot fewer around than before. You can ask any one of the ones who are left, and they'll tell you about how many in their community have given up and gone home. (Of course, you wouldn't be able to do that if you don't speak Spanish... )There have been media articles on this phenomenon, and also about how interest among Mexicans in Mexico in coming to the US to work has dwindled. Reporters do research, you know. They interview people here and in Mexico.
I frequent the DREAMAct Portal and the majority of them are still here and celebrating their victory and planning to do all that they can to get Obama re-elected. The multitude of those who have given birth to anchor babies and are sucking the American taxpayers dry, definitely have no intentions of ever leaving.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,155,891 times
Illegal immigration is not a racial issue. It is a criminal issue that our government agencies are empowering like codependents in a bad marriage.....at the LONG TERM financial demise that will impact legal citizens for generations to come. I have personally witnessed the reverse discrimination that goes on in the medical system...where legal citizens who are improvised or fallen on hard times can not get assistence....but if one is illegal...the financial coffers of institute and state are sprung wide open. Free medical...free food...free education...oh...need a house...we will pay for that too....People wonder why California is broke....Social Service workers are not going to be having any layoffs here....The PROBLEM is ILLEGAL immigration.....not LEGAL immigration...and definately not racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies