Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,041,926 times

Advertisements

Is she your sister or something? You seem to have something in common with her. You wander around drunk all the time too? Your monker gave you away. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,279,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Is she your sister or something? You seem to have something in common with her. You wander around drunk all the time too? Your monker gave you away. lol
No, I just look at the whole situation. I never said the homeowner did not have a legal right to shoot her. I just think that leaving your doors unlocked at night is stupid since the whole thing could avoided. Fair enough? Do you think leaving your house unlocked at night is smart?

Old 06-19-2012, 12:06 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,279,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
so that would be a big yes!! she should do jail time..right??

this country is on the verge of financial collapse..putting people in jail for every little thing is just going to push this country closer to the big fall faster than it already is.... i still think being shot was enough..
Yep, I found an update to the story. She has now been formally charged with a felony, and faces 1 to 5 years in prison. What a great way to ruin someone's life for good as the felony will pretty much destroy her future.

Zoey Ripple, shot in Boulder home intrusion, formally charged with felony trespassing - Boulder Daily Camera

Old 06-19-2012, 12:46 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,230,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
So being drunk is now a crime in itself? Even public intoxication is not illegal, at least where I am at.
It is in parts of Colorado.

If defending her behavior makes you feel better about yours, well, whatever floats your rubber duckie.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
She deserves some sort of punishment.

Yeah, she got shot. So what?
WTF???????????

Getting shot seems like a sufficient punishment for unwittingly walking into someones property while drunk.

The girl had no ill will or intentions of robbing or hurting anyone. She drank too much and couldn't handle her liquor

Old 06-19-2012, 12:57 AM

How did the homeowner know that? So if somebody came stumbling into your home while you were asleep is the first thing you do offer em a beer? lol

Or wait call the cops and hope it's some drunk and they aren't there to kill you right. The cops will be there in time to save you I forgot. That is what your told by your government.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
No, I just look at the whole situation. I never said the homeowner did not have a legal right to shoot her. I just think that leaving your doors unlocked at night is stupid since the whole thing could avoided. Fair enough? Do you think leaving your house unlocked at night is smart?
Never said it was the smartest thing in the world.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How did the homeowner know that? So if somebody came stumbling into your home while you were asleep is the first thing you do offer em a beer? lol

Or wait call the cops and hope it's some drunk and they aren't there to kill you right. The cops will be there in time to save you I forgot. That is what your told by your government.
I thought the thread was about jail time, didn't realize the homeowner determines how courts will rule. Maybe in some backwoods militia community, but not in the civilized world.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:02 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,228,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
WTF???????????

Getting shot seems like a sufficient punishment for unwittingly walking into someones property while drunk.

The girl had no ill will or intentions of robbing or hurting anyone. She drank too much and couldn't handle her liquor
Yes, I agree. Criminal intent is suposedly one part of our system of law. In any case, whatever happened to justice tempered with mercy? Why do we have to throw the book at every violator, regardless of the situation?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes, I agree. Criminal intent is suposedly one part of our system of law. In any case, whatever happened to justice tempered with mercy? Why do we have to throw the book at every violator, regardless of the situation?
Some people only see things in extremes, black and white.

To them a drunk girl who unwittingly stumbles on someones property is the same as a violent home invader
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies