Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 04:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Lol..and what a find it was.

But it will be interesting to see how sexually "confused" kids continue to be as a greater number are taken out of public schools and instead are homeschooled. I think we will see an even larger polarization of values between adopted children of homeschooled homosexual couples/advocates of homosexual rights and the homeschooled children of heterosexual/Islamic/Christian couples who will instill more traditional values into their children.
You mean like THIS...

Home schooled - YouTube

and THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH_wPUVlJ38

VERSUS this?

From the American Psychological Association - Amicus Briefs on Gay and Lesbian Parenting.

The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples. This was attributed to greater parenting awareness among lesbian nonbiological mothers than among heterosexual fathers. In one study, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) likewise reported more favorable patterns of parent-child interaction among lesbian as compared to heterosexual parents, but in another, they found greater similarities (Vanfraussen, Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, & Brewaeys, 2003).

Study: Children of Lesbians May Do Better Than Their Peers

The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior.

These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression.

Read more: Kids with Lesbian Parents May Do Better Than Their Peers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You mean like THIS...

Home schooled - YouTube

and THIS

Radical Fundamentalist Christian Home-Schooling - YouTube

VERSUS this?

From the American Psychological Association - Amicus Briefs on Gay and Lesbian Parenting.

The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples. This was attributed to greater parenting awareness among lesbian nonbiological mothers than among heterosexual fathers. In one study, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) likewise reported more favorable patterns of parent-child interaction among lesbian as compared to heterosexual parents, but in another, they found greater similarities (Vanfraussen, Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, & Brewaeys, 2003).

Study: Children of Lesbians May Do Better Than Their Peers

The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior.

These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression.

Read more: Kids with Lesbian Parents May Do Better Than Their Peers
I cant listen to the video with sound right now, but are those supposed to be homeschooled children of homosexuals or heterosexuals? And if so, what does any of this have to do with the difference between philosophies espoused by homosexuals and gay rights advocates, and those espoused by the vast majority of Islam/Christianity/Heterosexual Traditionalists?

Are you saying that these stock links to studies suggest there is no difference between the philosophies that most individuals in those religious institutions and the philosophies that homosexual advocates subscribe to? That seems a bit naive. By most accounts, people are highly influenced by their parents values, to the extent that some even feel disappointed, and fall into a state of depression when they feel their sexual orientation doesnt meet the expectations established by their parents' existing value system.

Last edited by soletaire; 06-20-2012 at 08:31 AM..

Old 06-21-2012, 04:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I cant listen to the video with sound right now, but are those supposed to be homeschooled children of homosexuals or heterosexuals? And if so, what does any of this have to do with the difference between philosophies espoused by homosexuals and gay rights advocates, and those espoused by the vast majority of Islam/Christianity/Heterosexual Traditionalists?

Are you saying that these stock links to studies suggest there is no difference between the philosophies that most individuals in those religious institutions and the philosophies that homosexual advocates subscribe to? That seems a bit naive. By most accounts, people are highly influenced by their parents values, to the extent that some even feel disappointed, and fall into a state of depression when they feel their sexual orientation doesnt meet the expectations established by their parents' existing value system.
The first video is a parody of fundametalist religious homeschooled kids. The second video is a real video of a religious fundamentalist mother 'homeschooling' her son. It's scary to see how these people indoctrinate their children or what they 'teach' their children as 'science'.

You are nuts if you think that gay and lesbian parents want their children to be gay or would 'expect' their children to be gay. They would know it's not a 'choice' or anything they can 'influence' anyway. However religious fundamentalists certainly expect their chidren to be straight and are likely to disown their children if they are gay.

What makes you think the links I posted are 'stock' links? I took the time to research the topic and find out what the peer-reviewed published research actually says - Unlike quite a few other posters who post unsupported, uninformed personal opinions, or just copy and paste bigoted nonsense from religious-based propaganda websites without checking the accuracy of their sources.

Last edited by Ceist; 06-21-2012 at 04:46 AM..

Old 06-21-2012, 04:53 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Middle-School Boys Self -- um -- "Administer" "Gay Test" During English Class

Well looking on the bright side maybe these young men will grow up to have a firm handshake and a good grip on life.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The first video is a parody of fundametalist religious homeschooled kids. The second video is a real video of a religious fundamentalist mother 'homeschooling' her son. It's scary to see how these people indoctrinate their children or what they 'teach' their children as 'science'.

You are nuts if you think that gay and lesbian parents want their children to be gay or would 'expect' their children to be gay. They would know it's not a 'choice' or anything they can 'influence' anyway. However religious fundamentalists certainly expect their chidren to be straight and are likely to disown their children if they are gay.
Nah, both gay rights activists and religious fanatics impress their worldviews upon their children and to varying degrees. Just a fact of life that can be found in any group which clings to its respective dogma and theory with such conviction. Its not intrinsically good or bad... it just is ...But burying your head in the sand doesnt
change that reality either.

Quote:
What makes you think the links I posted are 'stock' links? I took the time to research the topic and find out what the peer-reviewed published research actually says - Unlike quite a few other posters who post unsupported, uninformed personal opinions, or just copy and paste bigoted nonsense from religious-based propaganda websites without checking the accuracy of their sources.
coulda fooled me...lol J/k

but yeah, i figured those studies had come from one of those "peer reviewed"/members only, ABc acronymn websites. The typical MO for most who pride themselves on their "research", is to: Log in, do a "search" in a database full of tautological theory, and groupthink --- ahem, -- I mean "Totally Official, Peer Reviewed, ABC Association, Scientific, Findings bah bah bah" and voila...sit back and bask in all that research.

Not knocking it, because if its good enough for you and the peer review groupthink theorists, then its good enough for the purposes of remedial discussion on this little dog and pony show of a website we're engaged in i guess. The religious loons do the same thing with the Koran/Bible/Torah on here

Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Kids today are frickin' weird...

Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
I sure didn't need no "test" to tell me I was gay.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:36 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,481,425 times
The real shocker here are parents who expect their middle school children to use 3/4G phones responsibly.

The obsession with being gay, some titillating graphic, and group masturbation are venerable American traditions.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
i sure didn't need no "test" to tell me i was gay.
lmbo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies