Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Teachers can't even hug a child who is hurt or in despair for fear they'll be sued.

Our society has become so intolerantly tolerant, and overdosed on political correctness; this teacher probably had no clue how to handle such a unique situation. Teachers aren't allowed to use common sense and gut feelings anymore. What used to be common sense has been turned upside down. Thank the bureaucrats running the school system for this. Especially in Cali, where moonbeam fired all the good board members.
I was responding to a poster who claimed that it was a teacher MANDATED gay test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 06:36 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Mr. Johnson

Old 06-19-2012, 07:45 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Males of many species get aroused when the wind blows or just waking up.(lol) This is nothing new.

The male teacher needed to discuss this with the parents, hopefully they did. Sexuality is normal just many societies suppress it, punish it or don't give proper guidance. Giving "birth control", a talk on genital functioning and STDs doesn't cut it.

This obsession with sex, whether homo or hetero is just plain disfunctional in my book.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
In my day, this only happened in the Boy Scouts.

At night, around the camp fire.

We didn't have cell phones then, we just told stories.

It was fun.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:11 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The way I see it is that the teacher needs some punishment because he was told by other students what was happening and in the end only warned the students and did not report the incident.
I hope these kids are not a look into our future.
The article does not give nearly enough information to know exactly what happened or what the teacher did or did do and why.

We don't know how the classroom is set up, and if the teacher was reading, its possible he did not notice them masturbating. He may have noticed they were distracted, but could have very well not know what was actually going on. After he was notified, he may have warned them, but we don't know if he had intentions on going bringing this up after that period or at lunch or after school.

Now the reason I can see the teacher doing that is to minimize the interruption to the rest of the class. I can actually see some parents getting upset if he made a big scene or said "hey, put your penises back and go outside." The kids then could claim emotional trauma and sue. Who knows.

Its just not possible at this point to determine what fault, if any, the teacher has in this.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:19 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Males of many species get aroused when the wind blows or just waking up.(lol) This is nothing new.

The male teacher needed to discuss this with the parents, hopefully they did. Sexuality is normal just many societies suppress it, punish it or don't give proper guidance. Giving "birth control", a talk on genital functioning and STDs doesn't cut it.

This obsession with sex, whether homo or hetero is just plain disfunctional in my book.
It is in no way normal to do this in class, let alone for middle schoolers to do it in public. There is seriously something wrong here. Granted, our society gets sicker and sicker and less shocked by these things as the days go by, but I still find it shocking and disgusting.

The students should be expelled, and teacher fired. There's nothing to "think" about here and "learn as lesson". It should not have happened in the first place and the kids know it and the teacher shouldve taken action, not given a warning.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
we are looking the other way so much we got a crick in the neck.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:26 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

It was fun.
What a lovely story.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

It was fun.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
The article does not give nearly enough information to know exactly what happened or what the teacher did or did do and why.

We don't know how the classroom is set up, and if the teacher was reading, its possible he did not notice them masturbating. He may have noticed they were distracted, but could have very well not know what was actually going on. After he was notified, he may have warned them, but we don't know if he had intentions on going bringing this up after that period or at lunch or after school.

Now the reason I can see the teacher doing that is to minimize the interruption to the rest of the class. I can actually see some parents getting upset if he made a big scene or said "hey, put your penises back and go outside." The kids then could claim emotional trauma and sue. Who knows.

Its just not possible at this point to determine what fault, if any, the teacher has in this.
It says he gave them a warning after other students told him what was going on, it also says the kids got suspended so I would think it did happen. It could all be a lie but I doubt it, the teacher is responsable for his students even if he only warned them he should have turned it in to a higher level, it's not something you want your students doing in class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies