Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times

Advertisements

I must admit some disappointment by some left leaning members on this thread. I've been on these boards for a while and generally there are disagreements about the methods, the substance, or the policies in Washington. However, on this thread, there has been only one of two responses that I have seen thus far: a sheer lack of knowledge of the events that have transpired or simple verbal insults without offering anything substantive to the conversation. Thus, I ask this. For those that do not think this is something newsworthy, that do not think Holder did anything wrong, please give your rationale. Please offer something other than insults at those who are concerned with recent events. I find it distressing that sheer partisan politics would shade your view vice the actual events that have occurred. So, pray tell, what are your thoughts on these most recent events and more importantly, why do you believe them?

For me, I find it incredulous that this President has stood by Holder when this program was so poorly run that it resulted in the deaths of our own. I do believe in the 'buck stops here' concept and think Holder should have been replaced long ago. Additionally, I find it reprehensible that Holder had to 'retract' several earlier statements to Congress because they weren't true. If the average person did this, we would be prosecuted for perjury. Finally, I am left with nothing but questions and doubt when I see the President step in at the late hour to protect documents that Congress has been trying to get for 18 months now. For me, it does lead to the natural question of what did the President know and when did he know it. I can't imagine how it wouldn't cause any other person to not have those same questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Fast and Furious Sparks Anger in Mexico

Posted 11 months ago

Old 06-21-2012, 08:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The House Pubs will do their damnedest to make this into something big, but they'll fail.

This whole gun-running scheme was begun back in 2006 under Dubya's AG, Michael Mukasey. The GOP House had absolutely no problem with it back then. And now that they're all huffy and indignant, they've called exactly 0 members of the Bush Justice Dept to testify. It's partisan play, all the way.

So, it's nothing more then political theater, folks. And it'll go nowhere. Issa has no solid legal ground for his action. And to be honest, I'm a little surprised that it took him the better part of two years to get to this point. When the Pubs took the Hosue back in 20101, it was almost common knowledge that Issa would be launching investigations and doing his best to try to tie up the president in legal proceedings. And this is the best he's got. It's a weak hand, but it's all he has to play.

He'd better be careful, though. Holder will prevail, in all likelihood. And the public will be left with another impression of a GOP congress that ran and was elected on the issue of jobs doing anything but working on that problem. Matter of fact, the GOP House just recently defeated a transportation bill that would have created lots of jobs.

I wonder if the Dems will be able to use that in the campaign.
Uh; Obama's been in power since early 2009 so this mess rests on HIS head.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'm enjoying the paranoia about how shipping guns to Mexico would manufacture public demands for stricter gun control laws here in the US. Anyone who's been following the drug war in Mexico over the past five years (and I live close to the border) knows that the cartels are armed with military weapons largely from 3rd world sources or stolen from Mexican military armories. They aren't using stuff that you or I can buy at a sporting goods store or gun shop. They have full auto AKs, FALs, and AR type weapons in addition to submachine guns.
Cartels def love having MORE guns, even "little ones". They'll kill just as well as AK's and so on. Sheesh!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, both holder and obama said they were not involved, and now they invoke EP. Does not take a lot to figure it out. But, that is just a hunch....
If they werent involved, then why again are they invoking EP?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I must admit some disappointment by some left leaning members on this thread. I've been on these boards for a while and generally there are disagreements about the methods, the substance, or the policies in Washington. However, on this thread, there has been only one of two responses that I have seen thus far: a sheer lack of knowledge of the events that have transpired or simple verbal insults without offering anything substantive to the conversation. Thus, I ask this. For those that do not think this is something newsworthy, that do not think Holder did anything wrong, please give your rationale. Please offer something other than insults at those who are concerned with recent events. I find it distressing that sheer partisan politics would shade your view vice the actual events that have occurred. So, pray tell, what are your thoughts on these most recent events and more importantly, why do you believe them?

For me, I find it incredulous that this President has stood by Holder when this program was so poorly run that it resulted in the deaths of our own. I do believe in the 'buck stops here' concept and think Holder should have been replaced long ago. Additionally, I find it reprehensible that Holder had to 'retract' several earlier statements to Congress because they weren't true. If the average person did this, we would be prosecuted for perjury. Finally, I am left with nothing but questions and doubt when I see the President step in at the late hour to protect documents that Congress has been trying to get for 18 months now. For me, it does lead to the natural question of what did the President know and when did he know it. I can't imagine how it wouldn't cause any other person to not have those same questions.
You are correct. Obama could have had Holder step down a while ago and this all goes away unless of course Holder has some bombshell he's holding over the orators head??

Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You are correct. Obama could have had Holder step down a while ago and this all goes away unless of course Holder has some bombshell he's holding over the orators head??
At the core, we must be able to trust our national leaders and this issue is, quite simply, casting doubt about both this administration's leadership and judgement. I think that is something too many want to overlook but it is a key quality to hold especially when occupying the highest office in our nation.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

It's a shame that C-D doesn't have even a single good government liberal. Very sad. All we have from the left on this site are hyperpartisan hacks.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:04 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Say, did anyone notice that the White House Press Secretary *forgot* Brian Terry's name today? I was going to start a thread about it, but I am pretty sure that it would be moved to this thread in less than a nanosecond.

Another thing bothers me about this whole situation. The bought-and-paid-for lame stream media are lapdog whores for the Democrat Party and they know it. Each and every one of them who fails to investigate this story knows deep down inside that they are cowardly trash. Hundreds of human beings including a U.S. Border Patrol agent are DEAD because of this scheme and all the media can do is hyena-laugh at Romney like that human gizzard Andrea Mitchell did recently. Sickening.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Default Parents of Dead Border Agent Brian Terry: Obama's Hiding Something

How terrible for these people. Close to two years and they still don't know who is responsible (we DO really know, don't we?) for the ill-conceived program started by the obama administration that killed their son.

Brian Terry's Parents to Obama Adminstration: They Need to Get Their Heads Out of Their Butt - YouTube

Quote:
“There’s something they don’t want us to know. And there’s something they are hiding… You get to a point that you want to throw the TV out the window because of their constant lies.”
Is there any doubt the approval for this program goes all the way to the top?

Agent Brian Terry’s Parents Speak Out On Fast And Furious In Emotional Interview With Hannity | Mediaite

Quote:
In what will go down as one of the most emotionally jarring interviews in the history of his program, Sean Hannity had the unenviable task tonight of talking to the parents of slain Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, the man whose passing came as a result of the botched Fast & Furious operation in which someone in the Obama administration approved selling arms to Mexican drug lords. The pained, defiant parents asked for the President to enlighten the situation, but appeared to have no hope of resolution “until after the election.”
Think the network morning shows will have these two on their shows tomorrow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies