Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 02:33 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,962 times

Advertisements

AZ Phoenix- "Several thousand critics of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio gathered outside "Tent City" on Saturday night for a rally calling for the closure of the complex of jail tents made of canvas.

Organizers said the conditions at the "Tent City" complex were inhumane.

The sheriff said he doesn't see problms with housing inmates in tents and pointed out that some members of the US military live in tents.

"We are with you" protesters chanted in English and Spanish, in hopes that inmates could hear them.

Most protesters held candles and wore yellow t-shirts that read "Standing on the side of love" a slogan of the Unitarian Universalist Association, which held it's annual convention in Phoenix over the weekend"

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I spent YEARS in Iraq and I'm STILL in Afghanistan, living in the EXACT same tents, and worse conditions than what the inmates have to live in. Inhumane my ass. They have food, water and shelter, which is all a human needs. I've survived in far worse conditions.

What is wrong with these people? I for one, am proud of Joe for sticking deadbeat dads and illegal immigrants where they belong, IN THE WORST CONDITIONS they can legally stick them in.

Cry me a river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
I support his efforts 100%.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:31 AM

23,225 posts, read 29,061,361 times
The worst conditions arise when one is released form prisons/jails today!

Those long-unemployed today, facing homelessness, searching for food to survive, what do you mean: worst conditions?

Anyone of us are prone to making errors, thru the handicap of being human, and any of us could end up there!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,962 times
You reap what you sow. That is always true.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:58 AM

23,225 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Oh really!!! Only 65% of murders are solved, nationwide, what does that tell you?

Perfect crimes are committed everyday in this country, and that leaves the perfect criminals forever laughing at the imperfect!

What do you think goes thru their minds when they pass by Sheriff Joe's "Tent city"? They're probably thinking: "For being so stupid, they deserve it!"

Old 06-27-2012, 06:03 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
AZ Phoenix- "Several thousand critics of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio gathered outside "Tent City" on Saturday night for a rally calling for the closure of the complex of jail tents made of canvas.

Organizers said the conditions at the "Tent City" complex were inhumane.

The sheriff said he doesn't see problms with housing inmates in tents and pointed out that some members of the US military live in tents.

"We are with you" protesters chanted in English and Spanish, in hopes that inmates could hear them.

Most protesters held candles and wore yellow t-shirts that read "Standing on the side of love" a slogan of the Unitarian Universalist Association, which held it's annual convention in Phoenix over the weekend"

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I spent YEARS in Iraq and I'm STILL in Afghanistan, living in the EXACT same tents, and worse conditions than what the inmates have to live in. Inhumane my ass. They have food, water and shelter, which is all a human needs. I've survived in far worse conditions.

What is wrong with these people? I for one, am proud of Joe for sticking deadbeat dads and illegal immigrants where they belong, IN THE WORST CONDITIONS they can legally stick them in.

Cry me a river.
Simple solution....do not commit crimes.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I spent YEARS in Iraq ... living in the EXACT same tents, and worse conditions than what the inmates have to live in. Inhumane my ass. They have food, water and shelter, which is all a human needs. I've survived in far worse conditions.
Same here, Vietnam as well.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:19 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
For every one that whines about the "tent city" we probably have 1000 people that support Sherrif Joe's efforts to properly support the people of his county and enforce the laws. Those opposing it are either weak-minded or more likely criminals themselves.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Prisoners shouldn't have it better than good people who are out working for a living, a lot of people can't afford air conditioners. Dead beat fathers don't care how hot it is for their children - so why should they have luxury? Illegals didn't have air conditioners back home and were willing to be locked inside hot car trunks, unventilated semi trailers and box cars.

People lived in the SW without air conditioning for centuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies