Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigprn View Post
Can you republicans answer a simply question for me. WHAT IS YOUR HEALTH CARE PLAN. Oh only the rich should have health care.
See, there is the difference. The left cannot function without Uncle Sam taking care of them. They aren't smart enough to take care of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Romney's plan -

Health Care
That isn't a plan. Heck, that's not even an outline to high school civics class policy paper. "Innovation grants" and tort reform is not a health care reform plan.

Why is Romney running from the most successful thing he's done as a public servant?

Old 06-29-2012, 12:27 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Health insurance exchanges are supposed to, in the free market, generate competition which should lower costs, plus the addition off millions of new paying customers. If this would not lower costs, what would be the republican's plan to control costs?
It is NOT the gov't's responsibility to "control costs" on private enterprise.

If you think the gov't could "control costs" in anything share with us any other gov't program that the gov't runs that has not become a big boondoggle.

Post Office? Amtrak? Medicare? Medicaid? Social Security? The deficit? The list is as long as the number of programs.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:28 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Really, the law no longer requires baseline coverage? So, LA and some other states are going to effectively screw over their working and middle class residents because of of politics while continuing to be a HUGE burden on the Medicaid roles.

Stay classy!
Most of this country opposed the healthcare intrusion. So it's the Dems that were playing politics when they crammed it down our throats.

You Libs are hilarious. You're thinking Jindal is screwing over the working and middle class? Obama's done that with the biggest TAX ever, aimed right at them.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:30 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigprn View Post
Can you republicans answer a simply question for me. WHAT IS YOUR HEALTH CARE PLAN. Oh only the rich should have health care.
My healthcare plan is the one provided by my employer.

Now answer one for me - why should the middle class pay for healthcare for those that DON'T pay?

Old 06-29-2012, 12:31 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
That isn't a plan. Heck, that's not even an outline to high school civics class policy paper. "Innovation grants" and tort reform is not a health care reform plan.
Well...he has to be ambiguous. It's how all politicans are when they're trying to get elected. I also read that he might be adding some more details to his plan soon.

Quote:
Why is Romney running from the most successful thing he's done as a public servant?
His plan was quite a bit different from what was actually implemented in MA. There's a lot in there he didn't want and a lot that wasn't in there that he did want. Not to mention, it was a state program, not a federal program.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:33 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Most of this country opposed the healthcare intrusion. So it's the Dems that were playing politics when they crammed it down our throats.

You Libs are hilarious. You're thinking Jindal is screwing over the working and middle class? Obama's done that with the biggest TAX ever, aimed right at them.
The hilarious thing is that this law is considered "liberal." Do you not remember when the individual mandate was the "conservative" answer to healthcare reform? Surely you do remember that.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:33 PM

749 posts, read 838,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And he'll lose federal funding for his fine state.
Dumb choice, but his to make.
...or maybe he sees this particular plan as the steaming pile of crap that it is?

Last edited by LeftyTrav; 06-29-2012 at 12:48 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 12:34 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
I'm noticing a lot of libs suddenly becoming big supporters of insurance companies all of the sudden.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Both of these. Basically this governor and others who opt out are making their constituents 1- pay more for healthcare and 2- cause them to have to pay the penalty if they don't have healthcare insurance.

I don't see the benefits that this governor is proposing for the people of LA. I am truly hoping that the state I live in doesn't opt out either, if so that will speed my move back to my home state.
You left out the part that the states can't afford this. Do you want the states to go bankrupt? Tough choices have to be made. They can't afford it! Where do you suppose the states are going to come up with this?

So many liberals hated No Child Left Behind because it was an unfunded mandate. So is Medicaid expansion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies