Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Well at least Jindel has the balls to say what he feels. Not storm out of Congress foot stomping and pouting about things like a certain white lady and her posse of black pimps
Wow... I don't think United States House Representatives are pimps but there are a lot of prostitues out there that allow them selves to be used by the 1 percenters... Mostly in the south and middle america...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Is Bobby Jindal Sarah Palin 2.0? This guy is an idiot if he thinks Obamacare will be repelled by Romney. First, Romney is unlikely to win the election. Secondly, the GOP is unlikely to have have 50 Senators... The Republican would need te executive branch, House and Senate to even be in a position to make a change... Long shot at best...

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal refuses to implement Obamacare despite Supreme Court ruling | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

It's amazing how progressive liberals whine whenever someone disagrees with them....

Old 06-29-2012, 01:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
There are currently 25 states that have opted out of Obamacare. Per SCOTUS, they will not be penalized for doing so. The only consequence of this decision is that they will not receive additional Medicaid dollars in order to implement the extended Medicaid rule for Obamacare. So, what does this mean for people living in those states? It means, in essense, that those people who would have received 'free' health insurance via Medicaid that do not currently qualify for Medicaid and would have qualified for expanded Medicaid under Obamacare will not receive the 'free' health insurance from Medicaid. This means those people will need to either buy their own health insurance or pay the Obamatax.

Why would states opt out of this expanded Medicaid? The burden to implement this expansion would have been placed on the states and the reimbursement from the Federal gov't would not have been sufficient to cover these new Medicaid recipients. In other words, this would have been an underfunded mandate to the states and it would impact those states that could scarcely afford such a mandate. It basically was supposed to work like so: the states add all of these new people to Medicaid, the Federal gov't picks up the bill for the first two years. After that point, the state has to pick up a portion of the bill. Perhaps that seems insignificant but there are plenty of states that can not afford any expansion to Medicaid at all and have underfunded Medicaid right now. It's a fiscal conundrum that Obamacare only makes worse.

It was difficult to find an article that explains this situation without opinions inserted into it and this one was the best I could find that explained Medicaid expansion even though you can still see opinion in it.

Will States Opt Out of Medicaid Expansion?
No what it say is they do not have to agree in 2017 to paying more into their medicaid progams that the feds will pay totally between 2014 and 2017. The healthcare law itself includes a exception for nebraska which was the price for Nelsen (D) to vote for the bills passage. This is the first time I've seen the court rule that the feds cannot enforce mandates by removing funding in any law I recall. This part of the ruling could have huge chnages in just now the federal government can enforce mandates in the future.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times
Quote:
Is Bobby Jindal Sarah Palin 2.0? This guy is an idiot if he thinks Obamacare will be repelled by Romney. First, Romney is unlikely to win the election. Secondly, the GOP is unlikely to have have 50 Senators... The Republican would need te executive branch, House and Senate to even be in a position to make a change... Long shot at best...

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal refuses to implement Obamacare despite Supreme Court ruling | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
And we just found Mitt's running mate.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
It's amazing how progressive liberals whine whenever someone disagrees with them....
No whining just point out stupidity...

Old 06-29-2012, 01:48 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
That's nice. What was foolish about his decision?
So Jindal has decided he does NOT have to live by the same rules that the rest of us do.
Jindal will IGNORE the President and IGNORE the Supreme Court and while he is about it he will ignore the electorate when it suits him too...... and i thought the Republican's were so hot on obeying the Law of the land and the Constitution............. obviously NOT!

Old 06-29-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
And we just found Mitt's running mate.
Sad but it is probably going to be a toss up between him and Rubio... Two losers...

Old 06-29-2012, 01:50 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
So Jindal has decided he does NOT have to live by the same rules that the rest of us do.
Jindal will IGNORE the President and IGNORE the Supreme Court and while he is about it he will ignore the electorate when it suits him too...... and i thought the Republican's were so hot on obeying the Law of the land and the Constitution............. obviously NOT!
Did you even read the ruling? Haven't you watched/read any news in the past 24 hours? Man, you Lefties are the most uninformed people on the damn planet! I shouldn't and I'm not even going to tell you where you went wrong.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:55 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Is Bobby Jindal Sarah Palin 2.0? This guy is an idiot if he thinks Obamacare will be repelled by Romney.
I'm not sure what 'repelled by Romney' means, but states have the right to refuse OCare without penalty, is the way I understand it. Or is it just the Medicaid part?

Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm not sure what 'repelled by Romney' means, but states have the right to refuse OCare without penalty, is the way I understand it. Or is it just the Medicaid part?

As I understand it, it's just the Medicaid part.

As for Jindal? He's an opportunist and any rational person knows it. His little pronunciamanto is just rubbish for local consumption. It's a "principled" stand for political effect.

In the end, he will, but he'll blame Obama for forcing him to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies