Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 04:26 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Try again. I'm not a liberal nor do I associate with them. Though that's typical of a conservative - wrongfully assuming things about others!

Grow up.
Oh I forgot you're a "centrist". Uh huh. Your posts are proof of that, not just the ones on this thread.
Wrongfully assuming? All I can do is go by your posts since I don't know you personally.

If it looks like at duck and quacks like a duck is it a dog?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 04:34 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Because there is this little voice called a conscience inside all of us. Our conscience tells us it is wrong. But if we can manage to gag that little voice we can do what we want without that remorse thing I was talking about. If the woman in question feels no remorse for killing another human being she is a sociopath. Then again if she has been taught that a "fetus" is not really a human being, then she was being taught by a sociopath, because somewhere along the line there was someone who knew that a "fetus" was a human being, but taught otherwise anyway and then it was just passed on from there. So again, our culture is creating sociopaths.

Before Roe v. Wade women who got pregnant carried children, today women carry children. It is the natural thing to do. It is the natural consequence of sex. So it's not forcing a woman to carry the child, it is forcing a woman to make more choices i.e. keep the child or adoption. It worked fine before 01-22-73. Did women die from back alley abortions? Absolutely, and it is very sad. Death was the consequence of their selfishness. It is all of our business because it is a law that never should have been passed. This is reality: All actions have consequences. Society has made it okay for us to try to get around them unless they are positive. That is wrong.
Read the bold Who! That doesn't mean that I rejoice in it, it means that I am sorry that it happened, but it was a consequence. Are you sure you know the meaning of that word?

con·se·quence
[ kónssəkwənss ]

1. result: something that follows as a result
  2. relation between cause and effect: the relation between a result and its cause
  3. importance: importance or significance

Old 07-04-2012, 04:41 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
Oh I forgot you're a "centrist". Uh huh. Your posts are proof of that, not just the ones on this thread.
Wrongfully assuming? All I can do is go by your posts since I don't know you personally.

If it looks like at duck and quacks like a duck is it a dog?
Put in quotations all you want. Doesn't change the fact that I'm Centrist aka Independent/Moderate. Just because I don't agree with you or your ilk doesn't mean that I'm liberal or Democrat. What a illogical thing for you to think...though considering you're a self-professed conservative, I'm not surprised.

Anyway, what does this have to do with abortion in Mississippi? Nothing? Then get back on topic. Thanks!

Old 07-04-2012, 05:39 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Does the inability to draw enough oxygen from the atmosphere because one's lungs hadn't yet developed enough make a person a non-person?
A fetus isn't breathing on its own, and it certainly doesn't derive oxygen from the atmosphere. It's an organism that lives inside it's host.

Legally its not a person. you have trouble with the LEGAL definition don't you.

Quote:
Is an individual in a persistent vegetative state, yet still breathing, entitled to all the rights as anyone else?

Supreme Court rejects Schiavo appeal - CNN
If you can't tell the difference between a fetus and a person on life support, then that's your problem, not ours.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Read the bold Who! That doesn't mean that I rejoice in it, it means that I am sorry that it happened, but it was a consequence. Are you sure you know the meaning of that word?

con·se·quence
[ kónssəkwənss ]

1. result: something that follows as a result
  2. relation between cause and effect: the relation between a result and its cause
  3. importance: importance or significance
Yes, you said it was the consequence of their selfishness....which is not true ( illegal abortions killed them) even if you use that excuse to salve what little conscience you have about taking delight in the deaths of women you don't approve of...

And you're still very good at cherry picking...you missed:

[quote=personwhoisaperson;25024149]Sorry, Who. I should have expressed myself more clearly; Women had back alley abortions, but women also carried children. Women today have abortions, but women also carry children. """"

Who?Me?! And the purpose of saying women had abortions then and now and women carried babies then and now??? Was that a POINT????

Old 07-04-2012, 06:45 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Guess I just won't get anyone pregnant in Mississippi then.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Guess I just won't get anyone pregnant in Mississippi then.
Don't worry : US judge temporarily blocks Mississippi abortion law

There are still SANE people keeping the wackos and women haters under control...

Old 07-11-2012, 03:11 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Default Safe Abortions Still Available in Mississippi!

"A federal judge in Mississippi on Wednesday ordered an extension of his temporary order to allow the state's only abortion clinic to stay open. The order will be in place until U.S. District Judge Daniel Jordan can review newly drafted rules on how the Mississippi Department of Health will administer a new abortion law.
He then plans to rule on whether the temporary order will become permanent, or the clinic must shut its doors."

And to the conservative argument that this Mississippi law that would close the doors of the clinic was passed to protect the health of women . . .

"All of that is wrapped in that cloak of conservative religion," said W. Martin Wiseman, director of the Stennis Institute of Government at Mississippi State University."When you are in this state, you cannot separate an issue from religion," Wiseman said. "The normal rationale used in other states doesn't fly here. You'll find very few legislators -- regardless of whether they are white, black, Democrat or Republican -- who will say 'I'm pro-abortion,'"
Judge lets Mississippi's only abortion clinic to stay open -- for now - CNN.com

Old 07-11-2012, 03:14 PM

477 posts, read 365,442 times
So instead of making it illegal for irresponsible people to murder their babies we continue to allow people to act irresponsibly. Sounds good! Sounds just like a politician...spend spend spend print more money...idiot people have unprotected sex constantly just murder baby when its not convenient for their lazy lifestyle to keep it or give it up for adoption.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
So instead of making it illegal for irresponsible people to murder their babies we continue to allow people to act irresponsibly.
and the rhetoric from the women haters start all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies