Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 03:18 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times

Advertisements

I like his brother, wonder if his book is available in the states.

Dinesh D‘Souza Says He Paid Hospital Bill for Obama’s Half-Brother George Obama | Video | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 04:41 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I don't need to see it to make the statement I did. I know quite enough about Dinesh D'Souza to know that this is not a legitimate documentary. I don't say this because he is conservative. I say it because he is true. I would not go see a liberal documentary either where the director had a similar bent.
I bet you watched his debate with the Rev. Jackson and Jackson lost. You can see his debates on yutube by the way.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Found it on Amazon---

http://www.amazon.com/Homeland-Extra.../dp/1439176175

D’Souza writes that George Obama has previously run into roadblocks when it comes to the country his brother now leads: A book he teamed up to write with a British journalist in 2010 was never published, and George Obama’s tourist visa to visit his mother living in Atlanta was refused.
So what’s the real story here? Where’s George Obama’s “fair share”? George’s tragic situation exposes President Obama as a hypocrite. Here is a man who demands that others pay higher taxes to help the poor—even poor people who are not related to them—while Obama himself refuses to help a close relative like George.
The answer, D’Souza posits, is because George Obama does not share Barack Obama or their father’s “anti-colonial view that blames Western colonial exploitation for the poverty and suffering of the Third World.” In fact, George Obama is, in his own societal context, a conservative:

Old 09-07-2012, 06:13 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Found it on Amazon---

Amazon.com: Homeland: An Extraordinary Story of Hope and Survival (9781439176177): George Obama, Damien Lewis: Books

D’Souza writes that George Obama has previously run into roadblocks when it comes to the country his brother now leads: A book he teamed up to write with a British journalist in 2010 was never published, and George Obama’s tourist visa to visit his mother living in Atlanta was refused.
So what’s the real story here? Where’s George Obama’s “fair share� George’s tragic situation exposes President Obama as a hypocrite. Here is a man who demands that others pay higher taxes to help the poor—even poor people who are not related to them—while Obama himself refuses to help a close relative like George.
The answer, D’Souza posits, is because George Obama does not share Barack Obama or their father’s “anti-colonial view that blames Western colonial exploitation for the poverty and suffering of the Third World.†In fact, George Obama is, in his own societal context, a conservative:
So in spite of what you wrote the book was clearly published, because as your link would indicates it is available on Amazon.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:40 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone needs to get back to the subject.....this is about how awesome the Movie 2016 is......

This is NOT about anything else....period.....

IF you want to start another thread......then do it.....

This thread is about how awesome this movie is......

Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,077,167 times
This is one of those $2 bargain movie specials like In search of Noah's Ark right?

If it is full price can I yell out when it says crap that isn't true or is out of context?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
George is a communty organizer in the ghetto! After this book, he won't be living in a hut much longer.

Quote:
Financial terms were not disclosed, but an official with knowledge of the negotiations said the deal was worth six figures. The official, who was not authorized to discuss the contract, spoke on condition of anonymity.
Other Obama relatives are working on books, including a half sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng; and the brother of first lady Michelle Obama, Craig Robinson. Duke University Press is releasing the doctoral dissertation of the president's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, who died in 1995.
Barack Obama has written a pair of million-selling books, "The Audacity of Hope" and "Dreams from My Father," in which he describes George Obama as "a handsome, roundheaded boy with a wary gaze."
George Obama, President's Half Brother, Working On A Book

Old 09-07-2012, 07:48 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
This is one of those $2 bargain movie specials like In search of Noah's Ark right?

If it is full price can I yell out when it says crap that isn't true or is out of context?
Have you seen the movie?

Old 09-07-2012, 08:06 PM

775 posts, read 741,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What Would America Look Like if Obama is Reelected?

"2016" the movie is going to be released in the summer. It is produced by Gerald R. Molen, the same man that produced Schindler's List and it is based on the novel, "Roots of Obama's Rage", by Dinesh D'Souza.

D'Souza makes some fascinating claims about Obama's vision for America. He argues that his vision is not that of the typical American but rather of an anti-colonial outsider who wishes to realign America with the world. To realign the US, he has to weaken it because that would contribute to global fairness and be the punishment the West deserves for Colonialism.
What research has the producer performed on the subject? What are his credentials? Where are his sources?

Oops.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The movie is about D'Souza's interpretation of what Obama wrote and frankly is little more than D'Souza projecting his life experience onto Obama.
Clearly, you haven't seen the movie because that is not what it's about. You may be doing the interpreting.

He doesn't interpret anything. He takes Obama's own words and puts them into a historical global context.

I wish people who didn't know what they are talking about wouldn't malign a good, thoughtful presentation. It is NOT biased (but of course liberals can't conceive of such a thing because everything they put forth IS biased.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies