Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 10:34 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
It's clear to me that the people who are calling Trayvon Martin a 'thug' have never been in the company of a real thug.And why would he be a thug?? Because he took pictures with a grill in his mouth?? All the badasses talking about their smith &wessons..etc would **** their pants if they were caught on the wrong side of a situation with a true thug.
Trayvon was only 17, he was a thug in training & probably would've ended up on the wrong side of the law if he lived past his 18th b-day. He was suspended from school a 3rd time for truancy, drugs, graffiti, & possesion of a burglary tool when he got shot & the autopspy confirmed he had Marijuana in his system at the time of the shooting. He was also caught with stolen jewelry. Hows that for damning evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You're wrong. Look at the police report from the night of the shooting; Zimmerman is identified as "White." He's identified as white on more than one official document. His mother is Peruvian and was a Deputy Clerk for the Clerk of Court for over 20 years...she wasn't home making tortillas. The father began playing the media early on when he lied about George having "a squeaky clean record." Documents disprove that assertion.
Zimmerman is White so I guess that makes our president White too?

He doesn't look anymore White than the brown wooden desk in front of me.

George Zimmerman is a Hispanic American who spoke Spanish as his primary language growing up.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 PM

191 posts, read 242,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Trayvon was only 17, he was a thug in training & probably would've ended up on the wrong side of the law if he lived past his 18th b-day. He was suspended from school for drugs & graffiti when he got shot & the autopspy confirmed he had Marijuana in his system at the time of the shooting. Hows that for damning evidence?
I've read some of your posts and.....well, I'm not gonna go there. I still don't see how you can say that when lots of kids smoke (i never have) and there's a thread in this very forum praising the virtues of weed.What I'm trying to say is that's not indicative of future thuggish behavior when many on here say that they smoke on a regular basis and lead normal, crime-free lives. Being suspended does not mean that a person is destined to a life of crime because I have been suspended from school myself. I also don't understand how you can just say that he 'probably' wouldn't ended up on the wrong side of the law, so it's whatever and who cares. That's not your call to make. Help me out with this one- how is the assaulting, lying, alleged molester & killer George Zimmerman not a thug?? he's been on the wrong side of the law several times and I'm interested in how he gets a pass and the victim doesn't.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
He's identified as white on more than one official document. His mother is Peruvian and was a Deputy Clerk for the Clerk of Court for over 20 years...she wasn't home making tortillas.
So a hispanic woman's place is in the kitchen while white women can hold jobs? Who is a racist?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's quite clear you can't read (or comprehend).

Here. Let me help:

If Zimm does something stupid, like appear on Hannity, I will (and did) say so.
So, you don't support zimmerman anymore? Do you think he will be found guilty, or should be found guilty based on the information you have right now? As many nasty things as you've had to say about people who support the fact that Zimmerman should have to face a trial or immunity hearing and PROVIDE EVIDENCE indicates that you disagree with those positions; is that true?

It's quite clear that your buttons have been pushed in re supporting Zimmerman. LOL

Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
He was suspended from school for drugs & graffiti when he got shot & the autopspy confirmed he had Marijuana in his system at the time of the shooting. Hows that for damning evidence?
So......WHAT? That's your "damning evidence?"

So, it's ok for lunatics like Zimmerman to roam the streets, hoping to stumble across kids who had been suspended from school for having a baggie with pot residue in it and then becoming judge, jury, AND executioner?

Lots and lots of kids have been suspended for the same types of minor infractions that Trayvon was guilty of and then have gone on to be productive and hard working adults, with families of their own.

Hell, it's a good thing no one ever thought to drug test ME during my junior and senior years of high school (drug testing might not have been invented yet back then LOL), because if they had, then I would have most definitely fallen under your definition of "thug" (minus the graffiti).

Based on that, maybe I, too, would have deserved being gunned down in the street?

The fact is, none of us knows what kind of a man Trayvon might have become. Could he have ended up on the wrong side of the law? Perhaps. Or, he might have gone on to become something wonderful - a husband, a father, maybe someone important in his community.

None of us knows. And that goes for all of you who think you KNOW that he was headed for a life of crime and thuggery. And none of us will ever know because he was gunned down on a rainy night in Florida.

The fact remains that George Zimmerman caused this boy's life to end. HIS recklessness and stupidity and arrogance resulted in the death of someone's child. It didn't need to happen and Zimmerman needs to face the consequences for causing the death of Trayvon.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
or horseriding!!
Well there is that thing about Billie the Kid.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It doesn't matter what is true or not true, the fact that Zimmerman has kicked the door wide open to have his testimony impeached due to inconsistent statements based upon his incomprehensible inability to keep his damn mouth shut is a fact, plain and simple.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Trayvon was only 17, he was a thug in training & probably would've ended up on the wrong side of the law if he lived past his 18th b-day. He was suspended from school a 3rd time for truancy, drugs, graffiti, & possesion of a burglary tool when he got shot & the autopspy confirmed he had Marijuana in his system at the time of the shooting. He was also caught with stolen jewelry. Hows that for damning evidence?

You're wrong yet again. Trayvon Martin is not on trial; the only way that anything about his life would enter into the case would be to prove that Zimmerman knew these things about Martin and therefore had reason to fear him. He didn't, so it means nothing. Now, Zimmerman's assault on an undercover officer, his domestic violence records and the perjury at his bail hearing are things that just might be entered into evidence. You're 0 for 2.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I couldn't agree more. I just don't get it. I don't get the interviews. I especially don't get the interviews where he is discussing the details of the case. It makes no sense, NONE! All I can think of is that the defense fund is running on empty and O'Mara needs to get paid... spoke to soon.

Zimmerman's attorney: Client is broke

Just look how TMP tears into his interview, god help (speaking of god's plan) him if he has to take the stand.

George Zimmerman’s Story Continues To Shift | TPMMuckraker
"discussing the details of the case...O'Mara needs to get paid."

Talking case details on TV prior to trial is just beyond stupid or enormously arrogant and stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies