Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 05:04 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,415,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
you're overlooking the obvious. GZ is within his rights to follow TM. He did nothing illegal. There is no murder here and every reasonable person can see that.

For TM to have had the opportunity to claim self defense would mean GZ attacked him.
That cannot be proven. (yes, i know hes dead)

You are cherry picking info that you like and discounting other info because you dont like it.
You provide no facts, only opinionated speculation.
Seems like you are overlooking the obvious. The person with authority to file charges, a Florida State Attorney, says there was murder. The FACT IS that Zimmerman has been charged with 2nd degree murder and the case has been in process for months now; discovery is taking place and both sides are preparing for trial. Any reasonable person who can read understands that. SYG and self defense are two different laws.

You may want to look at the Florida statutes before making such a blanket statement as "there is no murder here." That's your OPINION, (opinionated speculation?) but not a fact. As I said, the fact is that Zimmerman has been charged with 2nd degree murder, and whether or not he is guilty will depend upon how the jury views the evidence when this case goes to trial.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 07-13-2012 at 05:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 05:08 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Post 457:

Post 458:

Sure enough, regular as clockwork.
Quote:
How nice of the media to label Zimm as "a Sanford vigilante" early on and without a clue. Credibility: ZERO.

And btw, that twit changed her story at least 3 times. I can't imagine they would call her as a witness.
Clearly YOU cannot provide proof that the "twit" changed her story at least 3 times. So much for "substance" in your posting. Maybe so much laughter is not warranted after all.

Posts 465 and 470

Old 07-13-2012, 06:24 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Trayvon's mother began to weep uncontrollably when she first heard the tapes. I remember when Sanford Mayor Tripplet said it was such an emotional scene that he began to cry when she ran out of the room. Unless an expert can testify that he or she is sure who was crying for help, it doesn't matter.

I don't think Mr. Martin is lying, only that he probably said something like "I just don't know" in his grief when he heard the 911 tapes. He just lost his 17 yr old son for pity's sake.
Sure, it's just one big conspiracy to railroad George Zimmerman, a nice guy who was only protecting his community. If there's nothing to investigate, I'm sure they'll let it go. Just my opinion.
Conspiracy --- I think of a conspiracy as hush-hush, secretive, behind-the-scenes, like gz and his wife plotting to hide money, or better yet--- the alleged secret meeting between the police chief, Wolfinger, and gz's father to cover-up for gz. I consider That a conspiracy, especially since there's no proof it happened.

Racism --- Think of how much easier it'll be for the state to convict of murder 2 if they find someone who'll testify gz is a racist. Someone who'd say he wanted to kill a black kid to stop others from committing crimes in his neighborhood. If he used the n word or coon, a bonus.

Father/Serino --- Serino was definite in his written reports. It'll make for an interesting dynamic in court when he and Martin disagree on what was said.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Clearly YOU cannot provide proof that the "twit" changed her story at least 3 times. So much for "substance" in your posting. Maybe so much laughter is not warranted after all.

Posts 465 and 470
I guess your google fingers are broken. Her different stories were all over the internet and the news when Sharpton and Jackson first jumped on the bandwagon and it became fodder for the masses. If you didn't see it, well, no surprise there!

A simple search should suffice. There are videos/audios, too. I hope she gets called to the stand. She will be destroyed. She wanted 15 minutes. I hope she gets 30.

[SIZE=4]Finally, Cutcher and Lamilla were not eyewitnesses to anything, and their highly embellished, dramatically changed accounts ultimately implicate themselves, as being guilty of bearing false witness, not Zimmerman of murder.

It is understandable that while fake “eyewitness†Mary Cutcher has been running around from one media interview to another, insisting that she had avoided the media, the real eyewitness, John, would refuse to show his face on camera, or give his last name: While Cutcher and her fellow fraud, Lamilla, are heroes to the lynch mob, the real eyewitness’ life is in danger.[/SIZE]

Old 07-13-2012, 07:33 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,294,174 times
Quote:
I guess your google fingers are broken. Her different stories were all over the internet and the news when Sharpton and Jackson first jumped on the bandwagon and it became fodder for the masses. If you didn't see it, well, no surprise there!

A simple search should suffice. There are videos/audios, too. I hope she gets called to the stand. She will be destroyed. She wanted 15 minutes. I hope she gets 30.

[SIZE=4]Finally, Cutcher and Lamilla were not eyewitnesses to anything, and their highly embellished, dramatically changed accounts ultimately implicate themselves, as being guilty of bearing false witness, not Zimmerman of murder.

It is understandable that while fake “eyewitness†Mary Cutcher has been running around from one media interview to another, insisting that she had avoided the media, the real eyewitness, John, would refuse to show his face on camera, or give his last name: While Cutcher and her fellow fraud, Lamilla, are heroes to the lynch mob, the real eyewitness’ life is in danger.[/SIZE]
It may be noticed that you did not provide a link to this apparent opinion piece. Also, I believe unattributed quoting is against the TOS and common courtesy.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:41 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times
Videos and audios are not opinion pieces. I invited the other poster to google. Feel free to do the same. You'll find more links than you can read in a lifetime.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:54 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
you're overlooking the obvious. GZ is within his rights to follow TM. He did nothing illegal. There is no murder here and every reasonable person can see that.

For TM to have had the opportunity to claim self defense would mean GZ attacked him.
That cannot be proven. (yes, i know hes dead)

You are cherry picking info that you like and discounting other info because you dont like it.
You provide no facts, only opinionated speculation.

There is no need for me to repeat what FancyFeast5000 said above, but your post is mere opinion. You have offered nothing in any of these threads, but your opinion. Zimmerman has been charged with murder. That is a fact - the court will decide his fate, not you or I. Your holier than thou attitude and angry rants are meaningless.

By the way, SYG does not require being attacked. If you actually read through some of the links in this thread and some of the previous cases, you would know that many people successfully used it as a defense simply because they felt threatened. One person shot someone who was going around a parking lot hitting cars and yelling. Another shot his daughter's boyfriend because he was walking up the drive way swinging his fists in the air and some people were killed after verbal arguments and the killer walked. This is not as cut and dry as you would like to think so before you speak on FACTS about the SYG law, you may want to do some research.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,468,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
There is no need for me to repeat what FancyFeast5000 said above, but your post is mere opinion. You have offered nothing in any of these threads, but your opinion. Zimmerman has been charged with murder. That is a fact - the court will decide his fate, not you or I. Your holier than thou attitude and angry rants are meaningless.

By the way, SYG does not require being attacked. If you actually read through some of the links in this thread and some of the previous cases, you would know that many people successfully used it as a defense simply because they felt threatened. One person shot someone who was going around a parking lot hitting cars and yelling. Another shot his daughter's boyfriend because he was walking up the drive way swinging his fists in the air and some people were killed after verbal arguments and the killer walked. This is not as cut and dry as you would like to think so before you speak on FACTS about the SYG law, you may want to do some research.
Well if it's that easy to get off using SYG, things look good for Zimmerman then.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
It may be noticed that you did not provide a link to this apparent opinion piece. Also, I believe unattributed quoting is against the TOS and common courtesy.
Not to mention, saying "Google is your friend" or the like is supposedly against the TOS.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:07 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,400,137 times
I found this key witness changed his story.

A key witness in Trayvon Martin shooting case changes his story

and some more

Trayvon Martin case: More people believe that George Zimmerman shot the teen in self defense | Mail Online

The DeeDee interview is a strange one, and one that requires multiple replays to understand some of it. I'm experienced with trying to get a teen that age to give a concise account of events

There's a lot more work to be done in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies