Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 11:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think people who raise children in overly religious households are abusing their children. In fact, there have been MANY children who have died at the hands of their overly religious parents. Perhaps I should try and BAN religious parents from having children or adopting. Personally, I think it's disgusting and immoral to raise children in an environment where they're told they're going to hell and that they're sinners and that there's some imaginary dude in the sky somewhere watching them all the time. I've known quite a few people growing up that were completely screwed up for life because of their religious upbringing.

Again, not everyone believes they live a deviant and unnatural lifestyle...I certainly don't. And again, what about single parents? Should they have their children taken away because they will only be raised by one gender? I know gay parents that are currently raising amazing little children. I also know quite a few people my age (late 20s) that were raised by gay parents and are perfectly well adjusted and wonderful people.

Trying to ban thousands of people from adopting children because you think it's icky that people are gay is kind of messed up. I don't go around trying to ban evangelicals from raising children...yet.
We aren't discussing "religious" homes - we are talking about homosexual ones - one has nothing to do with the other. Why would you even mention religion? It is irrelevant.

Single parenthood usually isn't planned - homosexuals must adopt since they cannot produce children of their own - which should be the first hint that they shouldn't be raising kids. When they can produce children on their own - then they might have an argument.

Single parenthood is tragic - why would you even think of taking a child away from a parent when they already have one missing for whatever reason?

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then move there. Be surrounded by people you want to be surrounded by. Leave the people who think gays should be able to marry and adopt alone. Don't ban it for everyone just because you don't like it.
LOL - your "arguments" are so predictable ("it doesn't affect you personally, what about single parents, if you don't like it - move".

Why should I move when people who comprise a minority are trying to fundamentally change our norms and mores? They should move - go find some deserted island - found a colony - and live peacefully without the pesky moral majority interfering with their perversions.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
No one in their right mind would think raising children in a homosexual household is a good idea. No one. Children suffer for a political agenda.
Why is that? Are you a homosexual who tried raising a child and it turned out to be one of the dumbest and most disatrous things you ever did?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Single parenthood usually isn't planned
and some aren'[t. Actually many aren't. The growing number of single parents these days are far bigger than married couples. In fact, most are having children outside of marriage.

Quote:
- homosexuals must adopt since they cannot produce children of their own
Wrong. They can have children of their own, through normal procedures. In a lesbian couple, both women can get pregnant through artificial insemination (and they can also choose the same donor like my high school friend and her partner did). Like the thousands of heterosexual women who do so, some who are in heterosexual marriages.

Homosexual couple can hire a surrogate to carry their child full term.

Adoption isn't the oNLY route for having children, AND THIS applies to BOTH homosexual couples as well as heterosexual couples

I know several heterosexual couples that have adopted for superficial reasons (the wife didn't want to get pregnant, and having to deal with the consequences of being pregnant).

Quote:
- which should be the first hint that they shouldn't be raising kids.
So if a heterosexual couple is barren, that means they can't have kids either. So is this the first hint that they shouldn't be raising kids?

Your argument fails.

Quote:
When they can produce children on their own - then they might have an argument.
So if a heterosexual couple is barren, that means they can't have kids either. So is this the first hint that they shouldn't be raising kids?

Your argument fails.

Quote:
Single parenthood is tragic
Only to bigots. I know several Single parents, and their children are doing fine. Some because they had to get away from abusive partners and are better off.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:26 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
Posts from the homosexuals and their sympathizers in this thread are a good reason why so much of America is in decline. Sad.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I care about children and our society. You are using the same tired argument that "if it doesn't effect someone personally - it isn't harmful". You have to be really self centered to think that way. Children should not be placed into harmful situations in the name of pushing an agenda for people who want their lifestyle choices to be accepted.
So I gather if a homosexual couple moved next door to you that you would have to walk over to their front door and demand to them that they move out as soon as possible, because you find it impossible to accept their lifestye, all the more so if they have kids. God forbid they play with your kids, if you have any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
In fact, most are having children outside of marriage.
You think that this is a good thing?

Marriage is the foundation of a family - which is the environment in which a child is raised. Marriage is the union of a man and woman.

Changing fundamental truths can only have one result - the destruction of human society.

Quote:
Wrong. They can have children of their own, through normal procedures. In a lesbian couple, both women can get pregnant through artificial insemination (and they can also choose the same donor like my high school friend and her partner did). Like the thousands of heterosexual women who do so, some who are in heterosexual marriages.

Homosexual couple can hire a surrogate to carry their child full term.
All of these involve uniting the sperm of a man with the egg of a woman. Show me where two homosexuals can unite sexually and produce a child - it does not happen. It is not natural.

Quote:
You are ignoring that children need both a male and female influence in order to develop normally - this is the ideal. You are deflecting because you refuse to acknowledge this - and want to pretend that homosexual couples are equal to heterosexual ones when raising children - they are not.

Last edited by Harrier; 07-09-2012 at 11:37 PM..

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Posts from the homosexuals and their sympathizers in this thread are a good reason why so much of America is in decline. Sad.
The above post is a perfect example of what is wrong with the bigots in America.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
You folks sure like to scream "bigot" at every opportunity. Sorry Shirley, it rolls off like water on a duck.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Hey, I'm sorry so many of you are gay but you should stay the hell away from children. What kind of sick mind thinks homosexuals should raise children?
That is a very ignorant remark. Being gay, has nothing at all with what kind of person someone is. Ok they like the same sex, big deal, get over it. Obviously your straight, good for you do you get made fun of for being straight, no difference at all.
People need to stop judging others, because they are not what our expectations say they should be or act like.
Let me ask you a question, your comment was ignorant. Three new cases two last week and one this week, of parents and a young Mother abusing their child. A young Mother who abused you mind you her 10 month old daughter, physically abused her, ,then send pictures to the Baby girl's Father, she wanted to smash her face in, and screw her face up, she shook her, hit her, and said she enjoyed it. Explain this please, she is straight.

You seem to think the only people abusing our children our gay, and you are very wrong. Coaches, who are married, Preachers, people we look up to teachers, etc, who are married, are abusing our children.

I resent your remark, my best friend a lesbian, we meet years and years ago, she is funny, humorous, and respects everyone the way she wishes to be respected. Her child, well now 27 is very sucessful, good-looking, yes he is, funny, positive, and straight. Never has he been in troulbe with the law, does not do drugs, or drink. Why is that according to you, he should not have been raised right.
It is people like yourself, who need to open up your eyes, the problem is not with gay people, but within yourself!
So many people are killed and abused these days, at the hand of a Parent, Parents, or a Girlfriend, or Boyfriend getting even.
Every week there is a new case, and at the front of suspecion there is a parent in question. Your feelings about gays and children to me are not warranted in the least. And not all people are created equal, your feelings i believe are wrong and that is a problem gays today face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies