Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 02:36 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
LMAO. You are obsessed with me.
i post one time in your thread and that's 'obsessed'?

i guess that means no link will be forthcoming, huh?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM

749 posts, read 838,399 times
Oh, and for those that can't seem to see the forest for the trees when it comes to Limbaugh, HE'S A DAMN TALK SHOW HOST ON THE RADIO!!! His goal, and what he is paid handsomely to do, is to attract an audience, supporters or non-supporters alike.

I personally think the guy is a blowhard, and can only take him in extremely small doses, but if he is getting a liberal talking head like enema country to listen in, then I'd say the guy is doing his job.

For all those that have a problem with the guy, and don't like his politics, DON'T LISTEN to his show, and don't go looking for his daily soundbites for no other reason than to come on here and blow about how evil of a fat bastard he is. Pathetic

Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Most people in this country don't give a damn about skin color.

It's the politicians and the media who hype it up.

Really people should ignore the instigators.

When you talk to the man or woman in your community - whether White or Black - you get along and respect each other - and like each other.

It is the media and the politicians that are trying to divide us. Don't fall into that trap.

I wish that I can believe that but when the people who make the laws are saying stuff like that and there are stupid people that actually believe in it, especially after experiencing it personally I really start to wonder.

It would be different if I had the luxury of not ever have to deal with it or worry about the safety of my family, but because of the racist attitudes of some people even on Cd I will always have to keep my guard up

Old 07-13-2012, 02:38 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
i'm afraid the OP may have tuned in a few times too often..

Old 07-13-2012, 02:39 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,621 times
Quote:
Today on his show talking to whiny over charging painter contractor who probably like all contractors has priced himself out of business,"Go paint in the projects where all the Obama supporters are at". Racist all the way.
He can't help it, it is a direct result of inbreeding, ever listen to his brother?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:40 PM

798 posts, read 1,033,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Why haven't Obama's policies made it possible for Blacks to leave those projects?

Doesn't Obama want those people out of there?

Nope. If he did - he'd promote policies that would help them to become successful.

Democrats ain't helpin' anyone.

SO RUSH IS RIGHT.
Can you show the Republican policies that will help the blacks in projects be able to move up in the world? Education is almost always stated as the way to end the poverty struggles for some people, yet Republicans want to cut educational funding?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:41 PM

749 posts, read 838,399 times
Quote:
Maybe because you decided to oppress everyone around the damn world. Some of them? Like who? Let me guess.
Is that so? Who have I oppressed? Who am I holding back, specifically...and how am I doing so? Is this another lame excuse so you can sit on your butt with your hand out? Funny, I don't see that from you.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:44 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Can you show the Republican policies that will help the blacks in projects be able to move up in the world? Education is almost always stated as the way to end the poverty struggles for some people, yet Republicans want to cut educational funding?
Republicans have generally supported allowing parents to send their kids to a different school if they don't like the one in their area. Romney told the NAACP that he would tie the funding to the child so the child could attend any public or charter school. The left claims that people with more money get a better shot because they have access to better schools. This would help address that by providing people in the project a chance to go to other schools. The left has opposed that. Why does opposition to such a thing seem to be looking out for people in the projects more than letting them go to better functioning schools?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:50 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
It's called responsible expenditures of federal taxpayer money. Throwing more money at a problem that never gets fixed, and actually gets worse over time, that is what government education has become.

People getting jobs, and entrepreneurs starting new businesses and competing in the market is what lifts people out of poverty. You can't just toss money at education, while simultaneously creating new laws, mandates and regulations, which inhibit starting and running a business. Look at what we have today, college grads with no jobs, and 0bama's answer is to simply pump out more college grads as a solution to unemployment.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Quote:
Hanging curve softball. See this thread

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ic-school.html

I believe that there could be a revolution and transformation in the US black community if we would just move towards school choice. It worked in the Success Academy, Harlem, NYC. Why wouldn't it work in general? C'mon, time to move forward in pursuit of MLK's dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies