Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
No it didn't? The purpose is to overthrow the government.
Only if the Gov. took the power from the people, now though its impossbile for a bunch of unorginized fat white guys who can not find their privats but for looking in a mirror if they move the belly, against the US military or FED agencys. Its a joke. You would lose every time and twice on sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 04:57 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
What?

Our current legislation on gun control is not as loose as you want it to be, but still far less restrictive than, say Great Britain or Canada. And yet all of these gun-control nations have significantly lower crime rates.

Justify this statistical trend.
Establish the validity of your statistical implication. (ie, properly through appropriately established statistical data compare such, but do so under the means of accurately establishing the true likeness of such a comparison)

Statistics are as dangerous as guns in the hands of those who would use them for their own devious purpose.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:59 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Only if the Gov. took the power from the people, now though its impossbile for a bunch of unorginized fat white guys who can not find their privats but for looking in a mirror if they move the belly, against the US military or FED agencys. Its a joke. You would lose every time and twice on sunday.
If you say so, doesn't change the fact that the purpose of the second amendment was to overthrow the government.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
2nd amendment..

Is it time to change ? Would the authors write it this day and age?

When this was written there was no semi automatic,automatic, assualt rifles. They did not know of mental cases and stress of modern day life.

Guns are designed to kill so are swords.. Only knives are designed for cutting vegetables.

I know we just use some tragedy to beat up pro and anti gun rightsrer people. But isn't it time to talk?
You're not part of a militia.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:43 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It was written for another time. It's archaic. Of course it's time to revisit and amend it. "The right to bear arms" is kind of vague as it does not pinpoint the type of arms that one has a right to bear...muskets, pitchforks, cannons maybe. The Founders were not anticipating these automatic weapons that are so readily available to the wrong element. It's a no brainer.

really? automatic weapons are easy to get?

the last time i had automatic weapons, i had to submit for a class III license. ask 1st for permission of my county sheriff in writing, have 10 sets of fingerprints done, pay the tax for each firearm i wanted and wait 6 months.

how is that easy?

I wont wait for an answer, as I know you wont have one.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

actually I am.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Everyone is.

1. National Army
2. State and Local Select Militia
3. Obligatory Militia
4. Volunteer Militia
5. Ready Militia
6. Reserve Militia

Those include from fist response to last, every single man, woman, and child.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
"...and that the said Constitution be never construed to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
* Samuel Adams *
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public servants."
* George Mason *
"Another source of power in government is a military force. But this, to be efficient, must be superior to any force that exists among the people, or which they can command; otherwise, this force would be annihilated on first exercise of acts of oppression. Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States."
* Noah Webster *
"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
* Thomas Jefferson *

Old 12-14-2012, 08:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
A crazy man with no part in well regulated militia killed 20 innocent kids...

When are gun owners and NRA going to come out of the cover of 2nd amendment and start having sane conversation....
when are liberals going to understand that a gun is an inanimate object and as such needs a human agency to make it operate? the problem isnt the guns, its the PEOPLE that pull the trigger. as the investigation into this crime evolves, it will very likely come out that this guy PLANNED the operation, just like nearly EVERY OTHER criminal that has committed similar crimes.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
I love how people skip over the "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies