Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 AM

464 posts, read 479,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I bet all of these rapes were legitimate rapes.
What's wrong with you? Everyone knows that prison rape is Fake Fake rape. Duh!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:43 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Does a man who ended the life of his terminally ill wife of 30 or 40 years because she begged him to deserve to be raped by "bubba" when he is convicted?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Hmmm! Some of you have a twisted sense of justice - for sure. Let's see people who steal and cause others pain and suffering by their actions deserve rape. So I gues a woman who breaks-up with her boyfriend and destroys some of his stuff (say his television or game box) deserves to get raped - got it!

Secondly, how many of you are not for capital punishment for crimes like molestation, rape, and murder or attempted murder? How many would agree that we should just execute these offenders straight way after thier convictions? At least the hard core crimianls would be non existent in these prisons. What about the mentally ill - do they derseve to get brutalized by Bubba?

Heck maybe we should institute rape therapy?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
It is kind of ironic that the Texas teacher who was convicted to 5 years for having sex with 18 year old adult students may now be raped in prison. Kind of tragic that she may get HIV from it and when released unknowingly give it to her husband or someone else.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,181,247 times
It's kinda ironic how like people find prison rape hilarious yet consider rape outside of prison worse than murder, worse than the most brutal physical attack you can conjure, probably worse than the Holocaust even.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:55 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
It's not hilarious. It's sick. But there's a huge difference. You don't want to be raped, as a man, don't go to prison. Don't commit crimes.
The old guy that kills his wife won't be in the same unit as Bubba. There's such a thing as classification when one goes to prison. The inmates are evaluated not just by their crime, but by a host of other factors.

Most are grouped together by commonality and needs/wants. Criminally insane are put in their own world inside and there's not a one size fits all system in place for them.

We spend a lot of money on mental health care in prison. Treatment plans are set up. There are more officers in those units and docs are plentiful.

Inmates can prevent being raped by not being there in the first place.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think prisoners should have to wear shock collars. If they speak too loudly, they get shocked. If they get out of line for any reason they get shocked. They should be on video 100% of the time and any aggression towards another inmate they get shocked. They do their time, they go to class and learn skills and they learn how to NOT be a criminal. That is what prison time should be.

And it wouldn't cost us one penny more.
Yeah. When they show Russan prisons, they are deadly quiet. There is no yelling OR socializing there - and they work HARD there.

At the very least, our prisoners should learn not to act like animals. No shouting, no taking drugs, no gangs. They should be supervised, I agree, especially whenever they are allowed to socialize. And there should be SOME hard work to burn up all that negative energy.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:47 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
There is no question that it is illegal.
The question is what can be done to prevent it?
Castration works for me. Violent crime? Castration and jail time. That would help. 100% cure? No.
There are rapes in the armed forces, too.

Wasn't there a time when saltpeter was put in prison and in armed forces food?

Old 09-09-2012, 06:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Those who break the law can just suck it up? REALLY? Are those who beleive this the same people who scream about the corrupt government or the same people who think the government does no wrong? Becasue I guarentee you could find yourself in jail too if you happen to be in the worng place at the wrong time or get on the bad side of someone with an ax to grind. Sure you may be out pretty quick after proving your innocense but abuse can happen just by being in the system. It's a scary thought.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:21 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,181,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Those who break the law can just suck it up? REALLY? Are those who beleive this the same people who scream about the corrupt government or the same people who think the government does no wrong? Becasue I guarentee you could find yourself in jail too if you happen to be in the worng place at the wrong time or get on the bad side of someone with an ax to grind. Sure you may be out pretty quick after proving your innocense but abuse can happen just by being in the system. It's a scary thought.
+1 rep

I agree. I don't get how people can suddenly stop having sympathy for a person just because they made a mistake. I once read a story about parents who stole copper wire from an abandoned building and the father died from being electrocuted. People were saying he deserved to die because he was breaking the law! Those are the kind of people that probably wished that Princess Jasmine got her hand cut off for stealing an apple in Aladdin.

Makes me doubt those kinda people ever cared about others to start with. Damn Pharisees. All about the letter of the law and nothing about the spirit of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies