Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nonsense. Vast majority of them are over 21, especially at the winter games which he promoted.
No they are not. In the olympics if you're over 21 you're generally though of as too old. Skiing may be the exception there, but skating is like gymnastics, if you're 16 you're over the hill. But either way doesn't matter, they still have everything paid for by someone else, so the point is still valid.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:05 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
The ignorance of the left on parade for all to see.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:07 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Who paid for the building of the Utah Olympic Park, Soldier Hollow and the Utah Olympic Oval? Those were tax-payer funded venues which those athletes used free of charge.

By the way, in case you're unclear about it, tax payer funded means....government.

Well, by your own admission the government wouldn't exist without taxpayers. Your problem is that you and Obama have the two backwards, LOL!

Romney is correct. Olympians haven't entered the paid workforce and haven't paid taxes. Business owners have paid for the infrastructure that everyone enjoys. They also pay for those that don't work and contribute nothing!

Does that make it clearer for you?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:07 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Big difference between the two. For one thing,everyone knows that no man/woman/transgender is an island. of course they had people who helped them succeed/ PEOPLE,not the government. You know,like their employees,people who loaned them money,customers. If you can't see the difference you are either stupid or a partisan.
Correct answer, but the left loons with make up stuff to make themselves feel better. If they had any common sense, they wouldn't be democrats.
They are about to see their beloved communist-in-chief get dethroned and they can stand the facts..

Old 07-23-2012, 11:09 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The ignorance of the left on parade for all to see.

It is almost laughable.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Unfortunately, he is and they are. I've been saying that he'd be a disaster as the nominee since the day he threw his hat in, but I got shouted down for it on this board. The base didn't want Huntsman (because he wouldn't pander to the tea party) and no one else with any substance would run, so here we are.
Supporting such complete nonsense makes you look very foolish, but being a democrat, it's probably something you are used too.
Try to find the good in Romney, it will help you through eight long years of Romney's successful time in office

Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
No they are not. In the olympics if you're over 21 you're generally though of as too old. Skiing may be the exception there, but skating is like gymnastics, if you're 16 you're over the hill. But either way doesn't matter, they still have everything paid for by someone else, so the point is still valid.
It took me 5 seconds to find that average age of an olympian is 27. In the winter games it is probably even older, considering the cross country skiing, luge, bobsled, alpine sports, hockey, curling etc where athletes are typically older and there are more team-sports where team member are older. The only really young ones are the summer game female gymnasts.

Like you say, either way the point about Romney and his speech is still valid. I can also guarantee Romney was interested in the 2002 games only because he is a mormon, and the money was going to a mormon city.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-23-2012 at 11:36 AM..

Old 07-23-2012, 11:15 AM

In obama's world, there will be no gold metals and no bronze metals, everyone who participates will get a silver metal. It's the only fair way to do it.. We have to share and make everyone equal..

Old 07-23-2012, 11:21 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Exactly my point, the child/olympian did NOT pay for it... we the tax payer did.

Thank you for helping my point!

Um...but they both got government help, right? So, how did either the olympic athlete or the businessman make it entirely on their own?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:22 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Supporting such complete nonsense makes you look very foolish, but being a democrat, it's probably something you are used too.
Try to find the good in Romney, it will help you through eight long years of Romney's successful time in office
You could only wish I was a democrat. I hate to tell you this, but taking a dig at me vs. making an intelligent comment on the issue itself (perhaps because you can't) doesn't make you look like the sharpest tool in the shed either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies