Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:22 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The fact is China and Russia dont involve themselves with internal squabbles, nor are they dictating to their trading partners how to run their country. In short none of their business.
What gives the USA or anyone else for that matter the moral high ground?
That is absolutely right, and Brasil and India adopt the same attitude as Russia and China, and that is one of the reasons why BRIC is winning the world.

BRIC merely asks, "Do you want to trade?" The US attaches 43,928,234 strings and other conditions and then threatens countries if they don't agree to trade with the US.

Plus, the very first thing BRIC does is start building infrastructure. How sad is it that people in BRIC countries get electricity within one to three years, while people in US Economic Slave States still don't have electricity, even though the US has been lording over them for 50+ years (up to 100 years in some instances).

Internationally...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 06:55 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Gays hanged in public:

Iran: 1000's. USA: zero

Countries threatened with mass annihilation:

Iran: 4. USA: zero

Should I go on?
NO please stop. Your off topic and not very aware of morals. Gay sex is punishable by death in many countries. It use to be a cause for imprisonment and mental care in this country.

The US doesn't threaten, they just annihilate.

We are worse than our bark.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
If you think Obama is trying to trump up a war with Iran, just put ol' Mitt in the White House and see what happens. He's already said he'll give his old buddy Bibi Netanyahu a veto over our foreign policy and, in fact, will meet with Bibi this week. I guess he's going to get his marching orders in case he wins.
O'bama will wait to tell voters, after he is re-selected. You know, whisper, wink, nudge, nudge.....

Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
One would think so, only they are not the only ones. The fact is China and Russia dont involve themselves with internal squabbles, nor are they dictating to their trading partners how to run their country. In short none of their business.
What gives the USA or anyone else for that matter the moral high ground?
After what happened this weekend maybe we need to look within and fix our own problems.
Yuo are totally Wrong in Fact Russia no diffrent than the U.S. where the CIA and FBI do alot of the same type of stuff the SVR and FSB do and use the same type of tactics and there is some Co-operation betwen the U.S. and Russian Ak-74..

In Fact both Countries are making billions in arms sales to the Region since the arab spring started and we could be working together to dstalize the Region siicne we would know and use the ****te vs Sunni muslims would be east to get to turn afn go fight each other and spill into other Counties are weare selling Billions of dollers in exporting arms and having huge Profits from it.

The Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (Russian: Служба Внешней Разведки Sluzhba Vneshney Razvedki or SVR) is Russia's primary external intelligence agency. The SVR is the successor of the First Chief Directorate (PGU) of the KGB since December 1991. The headquarters of SVR are in the Yasenevo District of Moscow.

Unlike the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), the SVR is responsible for intelligence and espionage activities outside the Russian Federation. It works in cooperation with the Russian Main Intelligence Directorate (GRU), which reportedly deployed six times as many spies in foreign countries as the SVR in 1997.

The SVR is also authorized to negotiate anti-terrorist cooperation and intelligence-sharing arrangements with foreign intelligence agencies, and provides analysis and dissemination of intelligence to the Russian president.

The "Law on Foreign Intelligence" was written by SVR leadership itself and adopted in August 1992. This Law provided conditions for "penetration by chekists of all levels of the government and economy", since it stipulated that "career personnel may occupy positions in ministries, departments, establishments, enterprises and organizations in accordance with the requirements of this law without compromising their association with foreign intelligence agencies."

A new "Law on Foreign Intelligence Organs" was passed by the State Duma and the Federation Council in late 1995 and signed into effect by then-President Boris Yeltsin on 10 January 1996. The law authorizes the SVR to carry out the following:
  1. Conduct intelligence;
  2. Implement active measures to ensure Russia's security;
  3. Conduct military, strategic, economic, scientific and technological espionage;
  4. Protect employees of Russian institutions overseas and their families;
  5. Provide personal security for Russian government officials and their families;
  6. Conduct joint operations with foreign security services;
  7. Conduct electronic surveillance in foreign countries.
The Russian Federation President (currently Vladimir Putin) can personally issue any secret orders for the SVR, without asking the houses of the Federal Assembly: State Duma and Federation Council.

According to published sources, the SVR included the following directorates in 1990s[6][7]:
  • Directorate PR: Political Intelligence: Included seventeen departments, each responsible for different countries of the world (espionage in the USA, Canada, Latin America, etc.)
  • Directorate S: Illegal Intelligence: Included thirteen departments responsible for preparing and planting "illegal agents" abroad, conducting terror operations and sabotage in foreign countries, "biological espionage", recruitment of foreign citizens on the Russian territory and other duties.
  • Directorate X: Scientific and Technical Intelligence
  • Directorate KR: External Counter-Intelligence: This Directorate "carries out infiltration of foreign intelligence and security services and exercises surveillance over Russian citizens abroad."
  • Directorate OT: Operational and Technical Support
  • Directorate R: Operational Planning and Analysis: Evaluates SVR operations abroad.
  • Directorate I: Computer Service (Information and Dissemination): Analyzes and distributes intelligence data and publishes a daily current events summaries for the President.
  • Directorate of Economic Intelligence
According to the SVR web site, the organization currently consists of a Director, a First Deputy Director (who oversees the directions for Foreign Counterintelligence and Economic Intelligence) and the following departments:
  • Personnel;
  • Operations;
  • Analysis & Information (formerly Intelligence Institute);
  • Science;
  • Operational Logistics & Support.
Each Directorate is headed by a Deputy Director who reports to the SVR Director. The Red Banner Intelligence Academy has been renamed the Academy of Foreign Intelligence (ABP are its Russian initials) and is housed in the Science Directorate.

Within the Operations Department of Directorate S, there is the elite Special Operations (Spetsnaz) Group called Zaslon. Formerly in PGU KGB USSR called Vympel (e.g. French counterpart; Division Action).

However, mere existence of such group within SVR is denied by Russian authorities. Nevertheless, there were some rumors that such group does indeed exist and is assigned to execute very special operations abroad primarily for protection of Russian embassy personnel and internal investigations.

It is believed that the group is deep undercover and consists of approximately 500 highly experienced operatives speaking several languages and having extensive record of operations while serving in other secret units of the Russian military.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
O'bama will wait to tell voters, after he is re-selected. You know, whisper, wink, nudge, nudge.....
Got any proof of that? I can back up my assertion that Romney will give Netanyahu veto power over our foreign policy and it's right from his own mouth:

“Before I made a statement of that nature, I’d get on the phone to my friend Bibi Netanyahu and say: ‘Would it help if I say this? What would you like me to do?’ “

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/08/us...pagewanted=all

Old 07-24-2012, 05:47 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,690,534 times
Benjamin Netanyahu is very much american- childhood, high school, college, consulting job and then later on diplomatic career-all spent in USA. even he speaks in Philadelphia accent.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Iran Vs USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
» Foreign Policy: Iran vs. USA

Yeah...I can see how Iran is a HUGE threat.

Iran is a threat to the US like I'm a threat to take a gold medal at the London Olympics. But Iran does spew a lot of bold talk. Not me. I'm well aware that I'm an aging wimp. My days of speaking with an alligator mouth have been tempered by my advancing years and lack of energy. The current regime in Iran is still very young, as governments go. They still talk big because they can get headlines, which is what they're after.

Low information types in the US get all sweaty and worked up over it.

yawn...

Old 07-24-2012, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Benjamin Netanyahu is very much american- childhood, high school, college, consulting job and then later on diplomatic career-all spent in USA. even he speaks in Philadelphia accent.
That doesn't give any President the right to allow him veto power over our foreign policy, does it?

Old 07-24-2012, 06:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I am tired of the Likkud Tail wagging the American foreign policy dog and of our unconditional support of a feudal monarchy in a country that no longer supplies us with oil. We need to get out of the area and let Islam settle its internal differences. That war should keep them from having any power for the next several generations and we can make billions arming both sides.

What we should not do is attack Iran. That would be a disaster because of changes in weapons technology that renders our entire Navy and regional Air Force bases vulnerable to attack and destruction. Iran has figured out our vulnerabilities and is quite willing to exploit them to keep us from interfering with their destruction of the Saudi government and, if necessary, Israel.

I wonder if this country is willing to accept several million Jewish refugees if Israel is attacked? Considering the anti-Semitic bias still prevalent in this country I doubt it.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am tired of the Likkud Tail wagging the American foreign policy dog and of our unconditional support of a feudal monarchy in a country that no longer supplies us with oil. We need to get out of the area and let Islam settle its internal differences. That war should keep them from having any power for the next several generations and we can make billions arming both sides.

What we should not do is attack Iran. That would be a disaster because of changes in weapons technology that renders our entire Navy and regional Air Force bases vulnerable to attack and destruction. Iran has figured out our vulnerabilities and is quite willing to exploit them to keep us from interfering with their destruction of the Saudi government and, if necessary, Israel.

I wonder if this country is willing to accept several million Jewish refugees if Israel is attacked? Considering the anti-Semitic bias still prevalent in this country I doubt it.

I don't think there's much chance of this country attacking Iran without a deliberate and very serious provocation by them. At least, not with THIS President in the White House. With Romney in there? Well...that's entirely different, isn't it?

Given his rhetoric on the subject and his close, personal ties to Benjamin Netanyahu, a vote for Romney might very well be a vote for war with Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies