Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 07:04 PM

593 posts, read 1,378,518 times

Advertisements

I'm an AR toting Leftist Liberal.

I'm left-handed and I spray liberally. More bullets covers more surface area.

Seriously though, the OP pix show two rifles that shoot the same ammo but you cant tell at what rate of fire by looking at the pix alone. One would have to fire both to tell the diff. Further, there are hundreds of thousands of full auto AKs/ARs left in america from the 80s. So, still wouldnt know the diff. Btween full-auto, semi-auto, or single shot capability by looking at pix by themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 07:05 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times
This sums up what I know about guns:

Lock stock scene, shot guns, what like guns that fire shots. - YouTube

Old 08-03-2012, 02:48 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And what is your point?

Did you know that in the British Army that a Warrant officer is considered lower than a British enlisted...
I'm Sorry?

British Army Warrant Officer Class I (W.O.1) - Nato rank OR9
United States Army Command Sergeant Major - Nato rank OR9
United States Marine Corps Master Gunnery Sergeant - Nato rank OR9

So, let's turn this around..

"Did you know that in the United States Army a Command Sergeant Major is considered lower than a United States enlisted... " Well, do you know i didn't know that? I would have said that you were your wrong. I've been on operations with US Army and USMC many times over the years and i've always been under the impression that senior Sergeants were thought of higher than that. I've always held them in the highest regard and respected their professionalism anyway.

Well, i'm sure you know best...

Old 08-03-2012, 08:52 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Homeboy View Post
I'm an AR toting Leftist Liberal.

I'm left-handed and I spray liberally. More bullets covers more surface area.

Seriously though, the OP pix show two rifles that shoot the same ammo but you cant tell at what rate of fire by looking at the pix alone. One would have to fire both to tell the diff. Further, there are hundreds of thousands of full auto AKs/ARs left in america from the 80s. So, still wouldnt know the diff. Btween full-auto, semi-auto, or single shot capability by looking at pix by themselves.
Sorry that is just so much BS........ I have no idea how you can think this.... Read up on the Gun Controll Act of 1968.

Non one could even register these if they existed. That gun Controll Act ended any chance of any thing even getting grandfathered.... One day a 50 cal WW-2 vintage machuine gun was legal and the next day if it wasn't registered it was not and a ticket straight to club Fed.

If you really are a lefty shooter learn your facts....

Old 08-03-2012, 08:55 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Then why will lefties just run with something that the media says? The guns I posted are .308...period....nothing more, one can hold more bullets and that is it....

a .308 is nothing more than a .308......

Accuracy, is not the gun....it's person, plain and simple....nothing more nothing less...
Is that your answer? LOL I was looking for something a lot more elusive than that.

With that said looky heya; I am a lefty too

I was in my 30's then.....

Disclaimer: The camera is on my tripod, and no one is standing behind it. Also this IS a flintlock, and anyone can see the frizzen/ battery/ pan cover is OPEN, so there is no way this gun could go off, even if it had been loaded.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:25 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I am wondering how you expect to get an answer from people that have no idea about guns? The liberals are scared to death of them.
What bucket have you been sticking your head under? Many Liberals own fire arms. tHE WAY IT ACTUALLY SHAKES OUT IS THAT CITY REPUB'S AND DEMS WANT GUN CONTROL AND RURAL PEOPLE OF BOTH PARTIES DON'T. darn caps. sorry.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Jeez! another circle jerk thread about guns! There is no difference since guns kill all the same.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:43 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
So, I have asked this question 2 separate threads, and I asked for people who knew about guns not to answer, and they did not, but neither did anyone else....

So, I'll start it's own thread and see what people really know about guns.

So, let's have it.....are these guns the same or not?

They are BOTH same caliber.....

I get really tired of people seeing a black looking weapon and all of a sudden it is bad, over the top, and hideous looking without having a clue as to what they are even talking about.

So please, gun guys chime in, but lets have the people who want to really limit the rights of us law abiding citizens answer.

How about one is designed to hunt and the other is designed to kill people? One is a semi automatic and can be set to automatic and the other is not? I'm not a anti-gun person but I do have some common sense

BtW, since you wanted to paint a wide brush regarding liberals and guns, can you tell the difference between a Sunni muslim and a ****e Muslim? I'm pretty sure that republicans can't either.

I like this game

Last edited by simetime; 08-03-2012 at 10:02 AM..

Old 08-03-2012, 09:44 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Can you tell the difference between

and

Makes about as much sense as the premise of your thread.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:04 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,172,745 times
Not really as both of them can kill you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies