Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:56 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Old 2 gauge shotgun: Lets go duck hunting!!! ) - YouTube

What the diff between the gun in the OP's post and this gun?

I want this gun.

LOL.

Loved going goose hunting with rich "yankees" with expensive 12 guage shot guns who couldn't shoot as high as the 10 I was using.

Me thinks I don't want to shoot a 2 guage quite that many times during a hunt.

Dixie gun works has a LONG shot gun, that barrel had to be 10 foot long. Of course they also have a gatlin gun, which I found really cool. Friend of mines dad also let me shoot the rifle from "Quigleys down under", which was cool.

I grew up hunting dove, deer, duck, geese, and lots of other things in between. But I never needed an "assault" weapon for that purpose, and I never needed more then a 5 round mag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 06:57 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,552,145 times
Do you really believe all 'lefties' dislike guns?

Old 08-01-2012, 07:00 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,117,053 times
O.K., first...

Yes, I called out lefties and I should have made the distinction that some lefties really know their guns.

So, let's attempt to use some tact here....and let's stay on my OP....if not I will ask a MOD to remove your post.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:00 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Do you own a bible too? If so, you are probably a closet conservative in denial.
I own 3 bibles, and many other religious texts from just about every religion there is.
I do not believe in any type of organized religion, and I'm a lesbian.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times

Recoil Music Video - YouTube

if the video above works, as this is my first time ever to copy paste a youtube it's just painfull to watch. It loaded after the punt gun video.

Just got your mesage Chucksnee. I am not really sure what your after since most of it has been told already by others.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
One can hold 5 / 10 cartidges depending, the other more or less 20, but with other magazines can hold a lot more.

A clip is a brass rail with a leaf spring made to hold a group of cartidges, usually 5 or 10.

Then said clip is shoved into a magazine well which strips off the clip, leaving the catridges in the magazine well with a floor plate to push up the catridges.
Cool, thanks for the info. I only use my revolvers, so I don't really know much about clips, or magazines.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:02 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,246,315 times
As they could both be considered "sniper" rifles (I use the low term intentionally), their rate of fire isn't a huge issue. One is meant to kill game animals at long distances. Most large game animals have a one-per-day take limit, so unless you completely miss a follow-up shot isn't critical. The other is meant to kill people at long distances. As I don't think someone shooting out of a tower into a crowd really cares about take limits, the quick follow-up shots and multiple high-capacity magazines make it much more effective. If someone is using the semi-auto to hunt deer they're probably doing it purely for the "cool" factor. If they need the quick follow-up shots and multiple high-capacity magazines for game they're either ignoring game laws (leave some for me, why don'tcha?) or else they really need to visit the target range more often.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:03 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
There are people on the left who own guns, and there are people on the right who deplore them...not real as partisan an issue as everyone is making it. Don't confuse lobby influence with what people actually support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sorry, but I'm a liberal, and I own several guns. Never have been scared of them, but my dad taught me to shoot when I was young. Now I own his two revolvers, and his .22 rifle.
I'm not sure how you can say what you say above and then answer the question below like you did? Yes, I would love to have both, for hunting and target practice.

Quote:
One takes a single bullet, and one takes a clip?

I like both. Would be fun for target practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You're asking people who don't know anythnig about guns if they can tell you exact differences between these two guns?

That would be like showing me two pictures of a tampon and asking me to describe the differences in between them.

I could see the difference in a couple of seconds, by the way.
Good, but you are proving my point exactly, people who don't know about guns, are making comments without really knowing about them and making personnel decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I really like the double set triggers on one... I am not sure where this is going.. myself... These guns work in a different method, but shoot the same fodder.
Oh snap.....I did not even notice that...great catch Mac....

Old 08-01-2012, 07:03 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,377 times
Quote:
One takes a single bullet, and one takes a clip?

I like both. Would be fun for target practice.
It seems you don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
The one on the left looks like AR-10 .308 (MTP MRP 308).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies