Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,760,730 times

Advertisements

..Poppy seeds vs. >Marijuana seeds< vs Salvia .oh and by the way smoking marijuana seeds does not get you high,, it will just give you a headache

Old 08-06-2012, 05:05 PM

29,910 posts, read 25,040,196 times
Poppy seeds won't make anyone trip. The chemicals found in them are the same as that of opium. It will give the user a noticeable analgesic/painkilling effect, along with a pretty typical opiate high. This is, of course, if they consume quite a few of them. So let's not confuse our drugs here...

Marijuana seeds are perfectly legal and edible. A good source of protein I would imagine. Very slight trace amounts of THC, if any. It will not get you high, unless you ate a truckload of them. So again, let's be clear what we are dealing with... Let's also be clear that THC is merely a CB1 and CB2 agonist, which mimics the effects of endogenous cannabinoids found naturally in the body. There is really nothing to suggest THC itself does any particular damage to the body, or even the brain. Too much of anything can be bad, but trace amounts found in marijuana seeds don't fit the bill as such.

Now Salvia will give the user a "trip". A very quick, 1-2 minute trip, and that's only if they are using the standardized extracts. These have been legal and sold in headshops, as well as the internet for years. No, they will not make anyone eat faces... If anything, the user will be incapacitated for a short period of time, followed by a quick return to their grounded state of mind. This stuff has been used by the Oaxaca Indian tribes for thousands of years. I don't think they had any face eating epidemics. Aside from that, the face eating thing was a relatively recent occurrence, while salvia extracts have been well known and sold for over a decade.

I didn't watch the videos, and I really don't have to to know what's on them. Just a bunch of immature kids playing with substances that are more powerful than they are capable of understanding, respecting, or playing with. They, among others, are what ultimately gives a lot of these substances a bad name. Not coming out to pick sides on the battle, but all things happen for a reason. I expect to see salvia targeted and scrutinized even more in the future. As far as I know, it is illegal or controlled in a couple states. With the way the drug war is going, they may as well tare up every ornamental poppy plant because a bunch of kids figure out you can get high off them. People are inherently stupid, and that's where more of the blame lies. Aside from that, stupid + intoxicants is never a winning formula. Sad that so many resources must be utilized to prevent stupid people from doing stupid things to themselves.

Most importantly, let's never discount the power of placebo. If you give a 16 year old an aspirin and told them is was going to totally blow their mind, they may very well act a fool.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:06 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,864,879 times
I was just saying you can't buy them in a store near you....
They are really good at exploding, though. Had a friend was so high, one popped and landed on his face and just sat there... burning. I was like, "Dude, your face is on fire."

Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,867,219 times
What's wrong with smoking Shoe Goo?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 AM

24,464 posts, read 23,163,447 times
What's the deal with Salvia? I planted some red ones in the garden just for the hummingbirds and blue ones that bees seem to like. Are the hummingbirds little drug addicts?

Old 08-07-2012, 05:28 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,864,879 times
It has the same effect as Ketamine, from what I've heard, never done either one or meth for that matter. It makes you leave your body for a minute or two. Vs. Ketamine which makes you leave your body for a while.

I'mo not big on being disattached from life like that.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM

11,157 posts, read 29,396,989 times

CannaBiz CBC.DOC ZONE - YouTube
Hey why do you not buy B.C. Bud and support B.C. 10,000 jobs and brings our economy $20 Billion doller industry a year... It is B.C. second largest Industry and export and why would you smoke seeds get some of the stuff B.C. grows.. Maybe it will be from a old hippie dude who does it because he likes to Garden and he does it because of the bad Recession and he wants to be able to Retire..

Old 08-09-2012, 03:19 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,497,355 times
Is there really ever a reason to smoke the crap that guy in video #1 has?

Seriously?

It hurt to watch him.

I got nauseous and feel sick right now as if I took a hit too.

That's sad.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:59 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,960,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Uh, they all should be legal.
Agreed. It's none of big bro's business if someone wants to get high, trip on salvia, whatever. It's their body to do with as they please.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:05 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,993,689 times
I love me some poppy seed

muffins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.