Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 PM

103 posts, read 64,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You are guaranteed a job that pays $115k... Guaranteed that job...provided again by, who? Where do these majic jobs come from?
Come on, you don't know where jobs come from?

People want, for example, cars. In order to produce cars we need people to work building them. The work people do building cars are called jobs. So those jobs are created by the consumer demand for cars.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yeah.... sure it was. Nobody in the history of the world ever created or invented anything. Everyone who owns anything stole it. And yes, that includes the couch you sleep on in your Mom's basement. Better hurry and give that back to the earth you stole it from.
Since Mother Nature does not have a store where you can purchase the planet, 100% of our privatization came by way of pillage and plunder. Like Mark Twain said, "There is not an acre of ground on the globe that is in possession of its rightful owner, or that has not been taken away from owner after owner, cycle after cycle, by force and bloodshed."

When you privatize a part of the planet, you are stealing that part of the planet from everyone else.

Every single good and service we produce in our economy are produced using these stolen resources. Every single business is essentially trafficking in stolen goods. So our entire economy is based on ill-gotten gains.

So tell me, if this is not true, how does anyone become the legitimate owner of any resource?

Or is stealing ok because everyone is doing it?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 PM

43 posts, read 48,441 times
You put up a straw man argument, how about we lower it to 15 cents an hour and 90 hours a week and make kids work to pay for school.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:30 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairnessIsGlorious View Post
Since Mother Nature does not have a store where you can purchase the planet, 100% of our privatization came by way of pillage and plunder. Like Mark Twain said, "There is not an acre of ground on the globe that is in possession of its rightful owner, or that has not been taken away from owner after owner, cycle after cycle, by force and bloodshed."

When you privatize a part of the planet, you are stealing that part of the planet from everyone else.

Every single good and service we produce in our economy are produced using these stolen resources. Every single business is essentially trafficking in stolen goods. So our entire economy is based on ill-gotten gains.

So tell me, if this is not true, how does anyone become the legitimate owner of any resource?

Or is stealing ok because everyone is doing it?
I disagree that privatization is stealing so the rest of your argument is just blather.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Perhaps if the solution addressed these, it might have a chance:
[] Usury
[] Inequitable trade
[] Money madness
What I advocate bans usury and all other forms of unearned income.

It puts an end to the inequitable trade between business and employee fr wages which allows businesses to exploit 97% of the workforce.

We need a central bank to manage the money supply.

And as this graph shows, it has done exactly what it was charted to do (minimize inflation) and done far, far, far better than before we had a central bank and private banks managed the money supply:

Political Calculations: Charting Inflation Since 1871

Quote:
HOWEVER,
Opposing absolute ownership of land, houses, and tools, is proof positive of collectivism, the bane of America law.
As mentioned in the post, there is a difference between privatization which is banned because it is theft and private property which is obviously not banned.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Well....I've personally met "anyone", and like you, he doesn't know ***T!
lol

Old 08-07-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why not? Do you lack the courage to do so? The skills? If this is practical...why not demonstrate just how it would all work? That would provide a great deal more credability. Why should an entire market economy experiment with your ideas, when you're not willing to do so yourself?
Since I cannot impose my economic system on other companies, launching a single company would not be a test of an economic system.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:55 PM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Shrug..

BTW, I think I know who your soul mate is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6qJLi_K0Q
That chick might actually be the OP...

Old 08-07-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Be careful, your ignorance is showing.

The average income for an individual with a four year college education is $56,740, which accounts for over 54% of Americans. Your '3%' number is complete BS. Maybe instead of spending your effort writing posts like this, you should get off your a** and study so that you deserve to have a higher income.
You might want to re-check your definitions before you start using the word ignorance.

$56k is less than half the average income. College graduates get exploited just as much as everyone else. At what point do you realize you are just being gullible by advocating a system that is keeping you broke only because the people that are exploiting you told you that exploiting you is fair and a better deal than not being exploited?

If total income was paid to all workers equally, you would get the mathematical average.

Total income: $14.5 trillion
Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more

Divided by total hours worked: 222,736 million hours
http://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTableHtml...905=2010&906=Q

Gives you the average income per hour worked of $65.

97% of all workers make less than this amount.
PINC-11 - U.S Census Bureau

Worker productivity is very close to average income. Worker productivity is total income, minus items such as rent since worker productivity has no impact on rent, divided by total hours worked. Worker productivity will be slightly lower than the average worker income number but is close enough.

The BLS is responsible for reporting worker productivity:

International Comparisons of GDP per Capita,GDP per Hour, and Related Measures, 1960–2009

So, not surprisingly, you are wrong again just like everyone else who is posting to this thread defending theft and exploitation.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You may be. Or you may not. This is the Internet and as we all know, nobody ever lies on the Internet.
Yes, nobody ever lies and nobody ever makes posts on 2 different forums about the same subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies