Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

That article was good for some laughs.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
"Adoption agencies have said that 40% of their adoptions are to homosexual couples."
Well since there are 10,000 more children put up for adoption per a year then there are willing parents, this sounds like a good thing to me as it takes the government off the hook to pay for them.

BTW, your website is blocked by my companies default filters - interesting as the filters are pretty open and there are very few actual blacklisted websites.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:52 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
All people that disagree with you are bigots, doesn't that make you an intolerant small-minded bigot? Calling us names and trying to shame us, will not further your cause, it's just makes the division larger. Tis your crowd that offers no compromise.
Incorrect. There are opinions about homosexuality in this thread that have been exposed as uninformed and based purely on prejudice and not on evidence-based facts. If a person deliberately chooses to ignore the evicence and chooses to stick with their fact-free prejudice and ignorance, how are they not a 'bigot'?

How can someone be called a 'bigot' when they present evidence-based information to expose the prejudice and ignorance on which another persons views are based?

Last edited by Ceist; 10-19-2012 at 07:13 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Well since there are 10,000 more children put up for adoption per a year then there are willing parents, this sounds like a good thing to me as it takes the government off the hook to pay for them.

BTW, your website is blocked by my companies default filters - interesting as the filters are pretty open and there are very few actual blacklisted websites.
Would you draw the line at polyamory's or polygamists, or communes deciding they'd like to group adopt?
Group marriages?
Once sterility really gets hold, we'll have black binders of children up for bids, or taking special orders.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
You are showing no respect for other points of view,
Not all 'points of view' are valid or equal or deserve 'respect'.

A person could hold the point of view that the sun revolves around the earth.

Should rational educated people respect that this person's view is valid or equal to the evidence-based view that the earth revolves the sun?

That person has the right to express that point of view, but they don't have the right to expect others to respect it and accept it as valid.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:08 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
How many times have you been told that, unless you are a homosexual yourself, same-sex "marriage" cannot possibly affect you?

The next time someone says this to you, show him this document: What same-sex "marriage" has done to Massachusetts". The fact is that same-sex "marriage" has completely transformed the state, imposed itself on every institution, and impacted absolutely everyone in some way. This document spells it all out. The homosexual agenda is totalitarian to the core. The goal is not really marriage, but the normalization of homosexuality throughout society.

The most shocking thing on the list?

"Adoption agencies have said that 40% of their adoptions are to homosexual couples."

Kyrie eleison.
The states Orphan issues have been reduced considerably as a result. If it went national, think how many could get loving families. Don't hate.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Incorrect. There are opinions about homosexuality in this thread that have been exposed as uninformed and based purely on prejudice and not on evidence-based facts. If a person deliberately chooses to ignore the evicence and chooses to stick with their fact-free prejudice and ignorance, how are they not a 'bigot'?

How can someone be called a 'bigot' when they present evidence-based facts to expose the prejudice and ignorance on which another persons views are based?
You are intentionally disregarding people's religious beliefs, and what has bound American society for over 200 years, trying to paint this change as progress. I call it decadence and corrupting the minds of future generations to think life revolves around sex. I'll even give you an example of what a liberal professor is doing in a college class. If this doesn't disgust you, I don't know what will.

Courthouse News Service

Old 10-19-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Not all 'points of view' are valid or equal or deserve 'respect'.

A person could hold the point of view that the sun revolves around the earth.

Should rational educated people respect that this person's view is valid or equal to the evidence-based view that the earth revolves the sun?

That person has the right to express that point of view, but they don't have the right to expect others to respect it and accept it as valid.
Marriage is between one man and one woman - RESPECT THAT

Old 10-19-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
You are the one's using force, and force creates resistance. I hope the resistance holds firm.
Is someone forcing you to marry someone of the same sex? No.

If you don't like same-sex marriage, then don't have one. Simple.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
You are intentionally disregarding people's religious beliefs
so what? You religion has no bearing on my life. I don't want government to be following any religion whatsoever.

Quote:
and what has bound American society for over 200 years,
Fail. the USA is a deist nation. That means, we do not recognize one form of religious belief over another, and that Government and ITS laws are to remain separate for them.

Quote:
trying to paint this change as progress. I call it decadence and corrupting the minds of future generations to think life revolves around sex.
the only people who seem to be hung up on what gays do in the privacy of their own homes and lives, are bigots.

Quote:
I'll even give you an example of what a liberal professor is doing in a college class. If this doesn't disgust you, I don't know what will.

Courthouse News Service
One college professor and you condemn the entire human race. Shall we use you an as example of how to recognize bigots?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies