Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 05:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Allowing Gay marriage in Mass has resulted in a huge migration of straight RWNJ’s to New Hampshire where they are welcomed by the rest of the reactionaries infesting our politics.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:26 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
I live in Massachusetts. It's just life as usual. I'm glad that my gay acquaintances can marry and be happy. The article in the link is just anti-gay propaganda.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:49 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
This was your statement. Most people assume that when you voice an opinion you label it as such, or there is some sort of empirical evidence that is informing it.

If you have no link to a study, then my guess is you don't know any people who are openly gay, around you, anyway.
So this is not a discussion board, this is a URL board posting only studies, gotcha....

Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I stated a personal opinion, why do I have to supply a link?

Have people gotten so stupid they can't have a personal opinion and must rely on a website for how they should feel and how they should think?

Truly pathetic....
Because one cannot have a "personal opinion" on matters of fact. An opinion is for those matters that have no right or wrong answer, and are subjective to each person. Blue cheese is delicious is MY opinion. Blue cheese is disgusting is my wife's opinion. Both are valid, neither is wrong. People who eat blue cheese develop ulcers is a statement of fact, which can be proved or disproved with research & statistics. The same is true of your statement, "Two homosexuals adopt a child, that child will almost assuredly grow up gay." It's a statement of fact that can be proved or disproved. And one that many of us see as ridiculous on it's face. So we ask you for some objective research, or a link to the result of such research, to back up what many see as a spurious claim.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Because one cannot have a "personal opinion" on matters of fact. An opinion is for those matters that have no right or wrong answer, and are subjective to each person. Blue cheese is delicious is MY opinion. Blue cheese is disgusting is my wife's opinion. Both are valid, neither is wrong. People who eat blue cheese develop ulcers is a statement of fact, which can be proved or disproved with research & statistics. The same is true of your statement, "Two homosexuals adopt a child, that child will almost assuredly grow up gay." It's a statement of fact that can be proved or disproved. And one that many of us see as ridiculous on it's face. So we ask you for some objective research, or a link to the result of such research, to back up what many see as a spurious claim.
You can 'catch' gayness, don't ya know

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Just go look in the adoption thread of the parenting forum. How many parents are steered away from adopting older kids because of the "issues" they might have? Other parents have said they went abroad to Russia because it was too difficult to find a white child to adopt domestically, while there are over 100,000 children available for adoption in the foster care system right this minute (and more who need temporary foster homes). When people say "there aren't enough children to adopt", they mean there aren't enough healthy infants or toddlers to adopt.

My boyfriend grew up in the foster care system. So did his best friend, who was adoptable from a young age. His best friend has cerebral palsy and is Latino, my boyfriend was not adoptable until his teens. Neither ever got a permanent home, and they were homeless after aging out of the system. HOMELESS. Do you know what it's like to be homeless with a disability?

If gay adoption had been allowed in their state when they were growing it, it would not necessarily have meant they would have gotten permanent homes - but it would have meant they had a greater shot at growing up with stability that a group home cannot offer. Growing up with gay parents, or single parents, is significantly better than growing up in a group home. When you argue against that, it's clear that your agenda has nothing to do with the best interest of children who desperately need a family.
As gay disabled adoptee who's been in a serious long-term relationship with someone thrown around the foster care system, this post really hits home for me. Thanks for sharing.

1,365 posts, read 2,608,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Things that seem apparent to me and you don't come so easily to others. You might not to waste your time trying to explain your logic though, it will fly over the heads of these types.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:14 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Exactly!

I swear most people are simply sleeping through this bizarre PC period in our history. Granting special recognition and rights to those making perverse choices is beyond lunacy....it is offensive to the most fundamental sensibility.

Always refreshing to hear from another willing to break from the herd.
I agree. It's lunacy to grant special recognition and rights to religious fundamentalists and their perverse choices.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:17 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I agree. It's lunacy to grant special recognition and rights to religious fundamentalists and their perverse choices.
It's lunacy to grant special recognition and rights to anyone's perverse choices.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:17 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
OK, I'll make it simpler.. BTW, did you read the OP?

Apology?

Two homosexuals adopt a child, that child will almost assuredly grow up gay... Gay people cannot conceive, hence population control....
You seriously believe that a child raised by gay people will "almost assuredly grow up gay"???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies