Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are govt employees rude in your opinion?
Yes 77 47.53%
No 85 52.47%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:37 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,927,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I suspect every company and employer has some rude employees.

My grandmother was a USDA inspector for 35 years. She has never raised her voice to anyone.
Oh, she just puts family farmers out of business, the way the EPA comes here to West Virginia and attacks the coal mining industry that is the main source of income for so many people here or they tell an elderly farmer on a fixed income that even though there are endless natural gas deposits under his land he cannot lease it to a company cause the liberal Democrat base in the big city won't like it, or they go to Baltimore where I used to live and put 3000 people out of work when they force the steel plant to close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 11:47 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The government gets its employess from the bottom of the barrel. If they were of any value to a private employer, they would have been snapped up long ago. Govt workers are drones who want to do the minimum amount of work required but be protected with the best benefits. You will rarely see one go "above and beyond" unless they are bucking for a promotion.
What a bunch of baseless, offensive tripe and nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Oh, she just puts family farmers out of business, the way the EPA comes here to West Virginia and attacks the coal mining industry that is the main source of income for so many people here or they tell an elderly farmer on a fixed income that even though there are endless natural gas deposits under his land he cannot lease it to a company cause the liberal Democrat base in the big city won't like it, or they go to Baltimore where I used to live and put 3000 people out of work when they force the steel plant to close.
To be honest and equitable, many businesses have closed, jobs moved offshore and people put out of work due to the profit margin of private industry as well, having nothing to do with gov't interference or some political ideology.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:47 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
No. She made sure the food you eat, is safe to eat. Have you ever been to a slaughter house or meat processing facility?

Old 09-15-2013, 07:38 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
What a bunch of baseless, offensive tripe and nonsense.

To be honest and equitable, many businesses have closed, jobs moved offshore and people put out of work due to the profit margin of private industry as well, having nothing to do with gov't interference or some political ideology.
And many businesses have closed or moved their jobs offshore due to government regulations that present serious obstacles to the company's growth (which would mean more people employed, if it weren't for gov't interference). And don't forget, a bloated government payroll (and pensions) translates to higher taxes for all of us.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,927,883 times
I wonder if its even worth trying to force myself to be nice to those DMV workers now.

I've heard that if you show any kind of impatience, even if they tell you to come back over and over again, they will try to find ways to retaliate or inconvenient you even more.

However I've heard the opposite is true, that unless you show you are serious about business and that you will not put up with them anymore, they will walk all over you and not take you seriously, and know that they can mistreat you which has often been how the DMV has treated me. And again I'm not someone who complains easily and I almost never have problems when I go to private businesses. But it means the majority of the time I have to deal with government workers like the DMV or the county tax office, I have serious problems.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 540 times
I have been a tax payer, and even had to have dealing with immigration, of the hundreds of people I've had contact with, most all have been rude, even though I was polite. I work in health care so deal with people who are not often in the best of moods and I always treat then with dignity and respect, even when they are not deserving! These people get paid a good wage and have good benefits and are lucky to have these government jobs, they should be thankful every day! So regardless of whether someone is rude to them, they are to take the upper road, as they represent the government! If I'm rude to my patients I get reprimanded, lose patients, and now with payments being tied to customer satisfaction it's even more imperative that we treat our patients and families with respect. If they start tieing payment to customer satisfactions for the government, they'd get paid nothing. I don't know where these people live that claim they always get nice polite assistance ( and I'm talking federal government here) I must admit many of the state level employees are very polite and professional. But I dont know where the federal government pulls it's pool of employees but they are often, far from professional and rude as hell!

Old 12-10-2014, 08:59 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Well it seems like on the rare occasion I need their help, I can never get someone to help me.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:47 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
We have a large pool of govt employees in America that deserve to have there jobs cut from the sole reason of being overly-rude. I understand the job gets tough but there's no reason to be rude to the citizens; and I truly believe the govt looks for people to be rude. Why? I don't know. So in your experience do you say the govt employees are rude as well?

SN: of course all of them aren't rude, but most are for some reason.

I didn't know what forum to put this in, so I just put it in here. A moderator can put it in the appropriate section if this isn't the right forum.
I don't think you can lump all gov't employees together.

I have have very good and very bad experiences with all types of gov't employees.

"but most are for some reason." I disagree strongly.

Your profile states, "Ready to graduate. - 03-13-2013 12:53 AM

I don't think you have had that much contact with many gov't employees to form an intelligent decision yet.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 512 times
Default rude gov. employees

anyone that says gov emplyees are not rude has never dealt with them all gov agencye haverude individuals who really believe you can n ot do a thing about it pompous asses, i have met a fewm there should be none , they are public servants, there to help citizens in a respectful manner not to act like tyrants, i want gto slap the hell out of them myself, if course thats an idiom but they do think there is nothing you can do about their bad attitudes.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:36 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
In my experience government workers aren't rude per se, they just don't care about user experience / customer service like a competitive company would. It's not as nice as dealing with someone making an effort, but it's no worse (and often better) than dealing with people who work at private-sector monopoly service providers. Which is what you'd expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies