Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,804,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I read that link, and I disagree with the last paragraph:

The film concludes by asking the audience to consider, given all that D’Souza has now told them, what America will be like in 2016 if Obama is re-elected. Well, for all of Obama’s anti-colonial and Marxist influences, we actually already know what America will look like in 2016 if Obama is re-elected. President Obama wants to preserve Medicare and Social Security, invest in education and infrastructure, and reduce the deficit by cutting some military spending and raising some taxes on the wealthiest 1%. The real question is: what will America be like in 2016 if Romney is elected? The Republican Party has been so radicalized by the Tea Party that it no longer resembles the GOP of Reagan or Bush. In fact, if you want to vote for a “conservative” in 2012, the “radical” Obama is probably your best choice.

But Art, I thank you for participating in this thread in a civil manner; no name calling, snide comments or personal attacks.We can agree politically and not hate each other See Philly, it's possible.
You do realize that you just participated (with this post of yours) in the very thing you are decrying, right? Can you not understand how your statement is just a passive aggressive version of snide name calling?

Then you end with just a straight forward snide comment!

If you truly want to participate in a "civil manner" then do so. And start with a hard look in the mirror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 12:35 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,110,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
You do realize that you just participated (with this post of yours) in the very thing you are decrying, right? Can you not understand how your statement is just a passive aggressive version of snide name calling?

Then you end with just a straight forward snide comment!

If you truly want to participate in a "civil manner" then do so. And start with a hard look in the mirror.
No, I was being sincere. You're just a very angry person and filter everything through your anger.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,110,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
So what did you think of the film's conclusion?
I haven't seen it yet, that's why I wanted local feedback, to decide if it's worth it.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,850,599 times
Obama has been President for four years. If you want to see how he will act as President, there is no better way than to look at than his behavior as President over the last four years. Trying to read tea leaves is a far inferior method of predicting his future behavior as President.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM

4,236 posts, read 6,923,593 times
No matter what it all comes down to another election of choosing between the lesser of two evils if you want to vote for someone who actually has a chance of winning. You'd think in a nation like ours we would be able to field quality candidates to run the country through our two biggest parties. The problem is, most the half-decent, intelligent people don't want anything to do with politics these days - or at least nothing to do with the R or D parties.

This will be my 3rd election I have been eligible to vote in and the 3rd straight in which neither the Rep or Dem candidate was worth my vote; they are all out-of-touch with the real world. The excitement to vote wanes quickly when you realize it means virtually nothing these days. The sad thing is, the majority of my friends feel the same way.

In any case I'll probably end up voting 3rd party like I did in 2008.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:07 AM

557 posts, read 866,310 times
It must be something to this movie for so many people to go and see it. Sofiasmommy, I would have to say go see it and form your own opinion as anyone you ask woud be simply providing their own opinion too. I'm sure if the cost of a movie ticket makes a difference, like it would to me, I would guess that like all movies it will end up streaming on the internet alo cheaper, if not for free.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 AM

696 posts, read 1,337,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
No matter what it all comes down to another election of choosing between the lesser of two evils if you want to vote for someone who actually has a chance of winning. You'd think in a nation like ours we would be able to field quality candidates to run the country through our two biggest parties. The problem is, most the half-decent, intelligent people don't want anything to do with politics these days - or at least nothing to do with the R or D parties.

This will be my 3rd election I have been eligible to vote in and the 3rd straight in which neither the Rep or Dem candidate was worth my vote; they are all out-of-touch with the real world. The excitement to vote wanes quickly when you realize it means virtually nothing these days. The sad thing is, the majority of my friends feel the same way.

In any case I'll probably end up voting 3rd party like I did in 2008.
Thank you for echoing my thoughts. This will be the third election that I've skipped voting entirely.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:11 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,302,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsinphilly View Post
Thank you for echoing my thoughts. This will be the third election that I've skipped voting entirely.
I'll most likely be voting for Gary Johnson. He is the only candidate that will be on the ballot that I can vote for in good conscious. He has no chance to win but my vote in SC doesn't really matter anyway because Romney will win the state by a sweeping majority.

I really wish those who decide not to vote would first make sure there isn't a candidate among the 3rd party choices that the can support. I'm not saying you haven't already done that but I know a lot of people who choose not to vote just because they don't like the D or R choices and think those are the only options.

Right now in this country no 3rd parties really have a chance but if people who don't like the D and R choices would all go out and vote for the 3rd party candidate they most agree with that would change.

I can only hope that someday America wakes up and realizes that the D and R choices only really care about maintaining their hold on power. The problems that America faces are not their concern and they have done virtually NOTHING to help the average American in over 20 years.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 AM

4,236 posts, read 6,923,593 times
^exactly.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 AM

696 posts, read 1,337,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
I'll most likely be voting for Gary Johnson. He is the only candidate that will be on the ballot that I can vote for in good conscious. He has no chance to win but my vote in SC doesn't really matter anyway because Romney will win the state by a sweeping majority.

I really wish those who decide not to vote would first make sure there isn't a candidate among the 3rd party choices that the can support. I'm not saying you haven't already done that but I know a lot of people who choose not to vote just because they don't like the D or R choices and think those are the only options.

Right now in this country no 3rd parties really have a chance but if people who don't like the D and R choices would all go out and vote for the 3rd party candidate they most agree with that would change.

I can only hope that someday America wakes up and realizes that the D and R choices only really care about maintaining their hold on power. The problems that America faces are not their concern and they have done virtually NOTHING to help the average American in over 20 years.
I'll admit that I am entirely guilty of not even looking at the other candidates. It just seems pointless. I know that's not the right attitude to take... But Gary Johnson doesn't look too bad on paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies