Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,453 times

Advertisements

I heard that most of the showings at Hollywood 20 were sold out or nearly sold out. Haven't been to the theater in several years, but might go to this one. Has anyone sen it yet? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,499 times
It sounds like you answered your own question in the other thread you started about it. If you want to go see it, go see it.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,842,664 times
Not Greenville-Spartanburg-Area related. Adding the word "locally" to a national political issue does not make it a local issue.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
It sounds like you answered your own question in the other thread you started about it. If you want to go see it, go see it.
The other thread answered if anyone in the GSP area saw it and liked it? I want some local feedback before I shell out the money.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Not Greenville-Spartanburg-Area related. Adding the word "locally" to a national political issue does not make it a local issue.
We have mods. I think you can apply for the position though. As I stated I want to get local feedback on the film.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:17 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,762,351 times
It's just a rehash of D's book, not worth seeing IMO.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
We have mods. I think you can apply for the position though. As I stated I want to get local feedback on the film.
Why do you want local feedback? Not being critical, it just seems redundant to me. If you have "anti-Barack" views, I bet it's up your alley. I'll give you a hint, in SC, most people who pay to see it are going to love it.

Quote:
Galvanizing conservatives Dinesh D’Souza and John Sullivan’s documentary 2016: Obama's America grossed a stellar $6.3 million as it expanded nationwide over the weekend, beating a trio of three new films. The anti-Barack Obama film, opening last month in only a few theaters, now boasts a domestic cume of $9.2 million, the top gross of the year for a documentary (excluding nature films). Bully was the previous crownholder with $3.5 million.
You sold me with that little bit right there, and I am an Obama supporter. What more do you need to tell you it's a worth seeing? Top grossing films are typically worth seeing, IMO. And if you haven't been to the theater in years, you're missing out on some good experiences!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
Why do you want local feedback? Not being critical, it just seems redundant to me. If you have "anti-Barack" views, I bet it's up your alley. I'll give you a hint, in SC, most people who pay to see it are going to love it.

You sold me with that little bit right there, and I am an Obama supporter. What more do you need to tell you it's a worth seeing? Top grossing films are typically worth seeing, IMO. And if you haven't been to the theater in years, you're missing out on some good experiences!
Fair enough.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,842,664 times
Quote:
As I stated I want to get local feedback on the film.
It's the same movie when watched around here as it is when watched in far away lands. Local feedback will not be significantly different.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:35 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times
I saw it in Greenville last Saturday afternoon. It is interesting if you care about our nation's shifting political climate, but not really earth-shattering. If you believe Obama was born outside the USA and is Muslim, then you probably won't like this movie. I almost left early because the videography was quite shaky and my stomach didn't care for that. The theater was approximately 75% full for the 12:10pm show. The audience appeared to be at least 90% over the age of 50 and I didn't see any young people under 30 years old in attendance (no surprise).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies