Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 04:26 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The journalistic standard for quote is that it is corroborated by two people. Are you are now changing that standard to one where one can't publish it unless the people who are claiming to be coerced have to release their names? That's a standard that never was acceptable and for obvious reasons, nobody would EVER step up out of fear of being fired.
So If I can get 2 people to agree with my lie that makes it true? Well that explains why main stream media tend to get so many stories wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 04:53 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,246,409 times
So what's the solution?
1: The mine owners won't pay you for taking a day off for a personal reason.....understandable.
2: If too many people elect to take the day off anyway, it's unsafe or impossible to operate so you have to shut down....understandable
3: owner states anybody taking the day off will be fired? That's a laugh.
4: If you pay the workers so they can attend, that's supporting the campaign whether you want to or not but also paying for attendance which makes the support possible........wrong
5: The campaigner should pay these people.. false and skewed results.....wrong,yet, if publically acknowledged and known, perhaps the best of a raft of bad choices.

Maybe I'm not thinking hard enough.Your solution?

Old 09-20-2012, 04:58 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,761,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Of course it makes sense. Big pig greedy boss wants something from man of no integrity Romney and Romney will deliver.
Did you even read the article/listen to the video? These men were not forced to attend and the mine had to be shut down for safety reasons so those who wanted to attend, could. The Co. opted not to pay them and I am sure some attended just to get out of work.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
So, after reading the article I discover:

- The mine owners had to close the mine for safety reasons when Romney visited.
- If the mine is closed, no one is underground working, which means no one is getting paid. The same is true at my employer - if the site closes then I either take vacation time or make up the hours.
- Federal election laws prohibit paying attendees of a political event, which this certainly was, for their time.
- Attendance may or may not have been mandatory (some said it was, others said no).
- Attendees had to pre-register (which isn't unusual, it's SOP for the Secret Service to run the names through NCIC in advance to check for "persons of interest").

But, let's not let facts get in the way of perfectly good propaganda.
Some here just want to portray the coal Co. owner as greedy, thanks for the truth!

Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It depends on the article. According to this article, attendance at the Rmoney even was mandatory.

Coal miners say they were forced to attend Romney event and donate | The Raw Story
So according to the coal company, attendance at the Romney event was mandatory but nobody was forced. The next obvious question is what if someone didn't attend? The clear answer is they would be in trouble.

The mine wasn't closed down for safety reasons. It was closed because they wanted to maximize attendance. What happened after the event? Did the safety magically improve?
Another one who did not read or listen to the video.It sounds to me like some of the bosses took it upon themselves to tell the employees it was manditory.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:17 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,175,754 times
Not a lot of good information to support this thread.

Here are 1200 people who probably WON'T vote for Obama

Obama policies hammered following coal-mine closings, layoffs | Fox News

Old 09-20-2012, 05:23 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,935,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Not a lot of good information to support this thread.

Here are 1200 people who probably WON'T vote for Obama

Obama policies hammered following coal-mine closings, layoffs | Fox News
if the point is to cripple our industries and boost foreign energy, obama has his own "mission accomplished" moment.

and remember the petrobras deal?
What do you get when you add Obama with $2 Billion in looted tax payer funds, (borrowed from China) with one Marxist state run oil company named Petrobras? A subsidy that delivers 200,000 barrels of Brazilian crude a day for 10 years to the refineries in China, guaranteed! Just spreading the wealth a few billion dollars at a time.

aren't americans asking themselves why that money didn't go to developing our own energy resources?

i don't think i need to go into all the stolen/wasted green energy money because that has already been covered.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,863,147 times
I hope the Romney Campaign continues to coerce attendance at their "public" events. It will become evident that Mr. Romney is not running for the position of President but for the position of KING appointed by the God of Greed.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,863,147 times
How many manufacturing shops has President Obama closed down compared with Romney and Blain capital?

Old 09-20-2012, 05:30 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,935,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How many manufacturing shops has President Obama closed down compared with Romney and Blain capital?
the bigger question is how many manufacturing shops has he "opened"?

did you not see the unemployment rate-with TRILLIONS of dollars in spending?

don't you ask yourself where this money is all going?

remember each trillion is a THOUSAND BILLION. isn't that mind-boggling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies