Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:44 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,532 times

Advertisements

There are theories that would subscribe to this being a possibility, but there is no wide spread publically known proof. Additionally, the scientific community is at odds with it; however, it wouldn't be the first time scientists were wrong.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:44 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,349,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post

You must get a different Weather Channel feed than I do because I've seen a few reports on the oil platforms and refineries including estimates of how the supply chain may be effected. What more do you want them to say?

As I said... I watched the Weather Channel programming for hours and never heard any of that.

Maybe it happened during the 30 minutes the Weather Channel was down/dark in Dallas last night.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
When Vladimir Putin stands up as God's Anointed, Michael, God's Great Prince, the whole world will know it.

Interestingly... a recent article in the Moscow Times equated Vladimir Putin to a "Persian Gulf Monarch."

Interesting... that is... for those who know history and prophecy.

btw... it's a white horse, not a gold one.

Well, thanks for clearing that up.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:51 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Are you certain it doesn't belong in the mental health forum?
I see no sign of mental health in this topic.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
As I said... I watched the Weather Channel programming for hours and never heard any of that.

Maybe it happened during the 30 minutes the Weather Channel was down/dark in Dallas last night.

I saw 2 reports during the day yesterday. Haven't seen any reports today, but if you Google "Hurricane Isaac oil platforms" you will see multiple reports that oil prices have fallen since the damage was limited. The Weather Channel isn't reporting anything about the platforms today because there is nothing of importance to report.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post

Quote:

When Vladimir Putin stands up as God's Anointed, Michael, God's Great Prince, the whole world will know it.

Interestingly... a recent article in the Moscow Times equated Vladimir Putin to a "Persian Gulf Monarch."

Interesting... that is... for those who know history and prophecy.

btw... it's a white horse, not a gold one.

Well, thanks for clearing that up.

Anytime

Old 08-29-2012, 02:04 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
What a load of b*ll*cks..

Old 08-29-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post

I saw 2 reports during the day yesterday. Haven't seen any reports today, but if you Google "Hurricane Isaac oil platforms" you will see multiple reports that oil prices have fallen since the damage was limited. The Weather Channel isn't reporting anything about the platforms today because there is nothing of importance to report.

Like most TV "news", the Weather Channel is packaged for the masses, who prefer TV programming to internet news.

Yesterday, I had just viewed the latest National Hurricane Center website info that Hurricane Isaac was strengthening.
Then I turned on the Weather Channel and they immediately said Hurricane Isaac was NOT strengthening.

Pablum for the masses.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Like most TV "news", the Weather Channel is packaged for the masses, who prefer TV programming to internet news.

Yesterday, I had just viewed the latest National Hurricane Center website info that Hurricane Isaac was strengthening.
Then I turned on the Weather Channel and they immediately said Hurricane Isaac was NOT strengthening.

Pablum for the masses.

Are you telling me that you've never turned on 2 weather reports in your local area (or looked at them on the always accurate internet..LOL) and heard one say it's definately going to rain and the other say rain is unlikely? Or seen their temperature estimates vary? Perhaps NHC had more recent information than TWC or maybe their information was older. Who knows and who cares? Not everything you see or hear is proof of a conspiracy.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:14 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaIceman View Post
Get a grip, friend. There ain't nobody telling this hurricane where to go and what to do. It's called weather and it happens all by itself with no human intervention.
No, no, no... It's the CIA's Mind Control Satellites. They also double as weather control satellites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies