Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does it?
Yes 68 25.47%
No 199 74.53%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 02:43 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,393,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Maybe in your sand box. In real life babies are mostly born out of heterosexual unions.
Your statement was that heterosexuality ensures the survival of the species. In reality it's just the process of making babies that does this, which can and does happen through the efforts and contributions of two homosexuals. We didn't even get on the subject of who conceives more children.

Quote:
It's relevant to prove that there is no equality between hetero- and homosexuality: heterosexuality is socially productive while homosexuality is not.
Nonsense. Heterosexuality in and of itself contributes nothing, no different from homosexuality. Children born of/raised by heterosexuals are no more a contribution to society than children born of/raised by homosexuals. Further, the ability to reproduce has nothing to do with whether someone should be able to marry or adopt. If you disagree, please explain why. And explain why you wouldn't also make it illegal for heterosexuals who cannot reproduce to marry and adopt, if this is really the principle you're standing for.

Quote:
Nothing is a mere coincidence in nature, if some individuals were 'mentally castrated' by becoming homosexual, there must be a good reason for it.
This is also not a direct response to the question I asked you. Here it is again:

What makes you think homosexuality has/will cause humankind to lose more bad traits than good?

Summarized: You cannot point to an identifiable, verifiable harm caused by homosexuality or gay marriage to individuals, families, or society in general. If you could, you would've done it already.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:47 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Your statement was that heterosexuality ensures the survival of the species. In reality it's just the process of making babies that does this, which can and does happen through the efforts and contributions of two homosexuals. We didn't even get on the subject of who conceives more children.
Are you for real??? How big would our population be today if it was created through efforts and contributions of two homosexuals?? LOL

Quote:
Nonsense. Heterosexuality in and of itself contributes nothing
Of course it does, heterosexuality forces people to have heterosexual sex and raise kids in heterosexual unions.

Quote:
This is also not a direct response to the question I asked you. Here it is again:

What makes you think homosexuality has/will cause humankind to lose more bad traits than good?
Because nothing is a coincidence in nature.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Are you for real???
Wow, great argument.

Quote:
Of course it does, heterosexuality forces people to have heterosexual sex and raise kids in heterosexual unions.
Well, no, it doesn't. That's why a lot of heterosexuals go years at a time and spend the vast majority of their lives not having sex or being in a relationship. Just as homosexuality does not prevent gays from making babies or entering into a committed relationship, heterosexuality does not cause heterosexuals to make babies or get married.

And don't think I haven't noticed your evasion of a simple challenge:

"And explain why you wouldn't also make it illegal for heterosexuals who cannot reproduce to marry and adopt, if this is really the principle you're standing for ('Only people who can reproduce should be allowed to marry or adopt')."

Quote:
Because nothing is a coincidence in nature.
Okay, what are you observing that makes you think there is some "coincidence" to speak of? What makes you think some valuable genes/traits have been lost as a result of homosexuality?

Old 09-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Wow, great argument.
You want to argue that 99.99% of population is a NOT a result of heterosexual relationships? LOL

Quote:
Well, no, it doesn't. That's why a lot of heterosexuals go years at a time and spend the vast majority of their lives not having sex or being in a relationship. Just as homosexuality does not prevent gays from making babies or entering into a committed relationship, heterosexuality does not cause heterosexuals to make babies or get married.
Of course it does. Heterosexuality and heterosexual sexual instinct is what drives people to have heterosexual relationships and make babies.

Quote:

And don't think I haven't noticed your evasion of a simple challenge:

"And explain why you wouldn't also make it illegal for heterosexuals who cannot reproduce to marry and adopt, if this is really the principle you're standing for ('Only people who can reproduce should be allowed to marry or adopt')."
I never said that only people who can reproduce should be allowed to marry.

Quote:
Okay, what are you observing that makes you think there is some "coincidence" to speak of? What makes you think some valuable genes/traits have been lost as a result of homosexuality?
I don't think that genes lost due to homosexuality were valuable. Nature is not wasteful.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
You want to argue that 99.99% of population is a NOT a result of heterosexual relationships? LOL
Again, that was not the argument. You said that heterosexuality itself ensures the survival of our species, when it is actually conception of human life (which is no longer exclusively for heterosexuals) that does this.

Quote:
Of course it does. Heterosexuality and heterosexual sexual instinct is what drives people to have heterosexual relationships and make babies.
Then how do you explain all those heterosexuals who have not and/or are not doing either? Seems to me that heterosexuality is not what drives them to do these things at all, since many homosexuals get in committed (sometimes even heterosexual) relationships and make babies.

Quote:
I never said that only people who can reproduce should be allowed to marry.
But you argued that heterosexuality and homosexuality are not equal specifically because heterosexuality "ensures the survival of the species" through natural reproduction and homosexuality doesn't. Was that not what you meant in the following conversation?

Quote:
Oh my. Not only should we be silent about the promotion of discrimination against gays; now we should respect it? Who is really in need of a sermon on intolerance, those who think a difference in sexuality should mean fewer freedoms or those who criticize such an attitude?
Quote:
Who ever said heterosexuality and homosexuality is equal?
Heterosexuality ensures survival of the species, I hope you won't argue that point.
Quote:
But how do you figure this point is relevant to whether or not gays should be allowed to marry and adopt?
Quote:
It's relevant to prove that there is no equality between hetero- and homosexuality: heterosexuality is socially productive while homosexuality is not.
If this standard was not why you think gays shouldn't be allowed to marry or adopt, why did you even bring it up?

Quote:
I don't think that genes lost due to homosexuality were valuable. Nature is not wasteful.
I'll try once more, rebel12. What genes are you suggesting were lost due to homosexuality in the first place? It sounds as if you are utterly making stuff up now.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Again, that was not the argument. You said that heterosexuality itself ensures the survival of our species, when it is actually conception of human life (which is no longer exclusively for heterosexuals) that does this.
No longer? You are simply hallarious. If it wasn't for heterosexuals you wouldn't be here. Isn't that clear yet?

Quote:
Then how do you explain all those heterosexuals who have not and/or are not doing either? Seems to me that heterosexuality is not what drives them to do these things at all, since many homosexuals get in committed (sometimes even heterosexual) relationships and make babies.
What else should I explain to you? Why the sky is blue? LOL
You can have all the homosexual sex you want and you will not make a baby. It takes heterosexual sex to procreate.

Quote:
But you argued that heterosexuality and homosexuality are not equal specifically because heterosexuality "ensures the survival of the species" through natural reproduction and homosexuality doesn't. Was that not what you meant in the following conversation?
Do you think homosexuality ensure the survival of the species? How?

[quote=Vic 2.0;26007341]
If this standard was not why you think gays shouldn't be allowed to marry or adopt, why did you even bring it up?

Gays can marry. Nobody says know. Marriage however is an union between a man and a women.

Quote:
I'll try once more, rebel12. What genes are you suggesting were lost due to homosexuality in the first place? It sounds as if you are utterly making stuff up now.
I'll try again too. Do you think homosexulaity is a concidence? Nothing is a coincidence in nature. Homosexuality is nature's way of purging certain traits, genes or rather combination of genes from our genetic pool. Are we clear now?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
You said that heterosexuality itself ensures the survival of our species, when it is actually conception of human life (which is no longer exclusively for heterosexuals) that does this.
Quote:
No longer? You are simply hallarious. If it wasn't for heterosexuals you wouldn't be here. Isn't that clear yet?
Well it isn't any longer exclusively for heterosexuals. Do you deny even this, or are you just all attitude? And how do you know that a homosexual didn't play an essential role in getting me here?

You don't.

Quote:
You can have all the homosexual sex you want and you will not make a baby. It takes heterosexual sex to procreate.
Yet again, no, it doesn't. Not anymore. People can reproduce without heterosexual intercourse.

And it's time for you to stop dodging the question: Is the lack of ability to reproduce reason to keep someone from getting married or adopting? You seem to be arguing that it is for homosexuals, but not for heterosexuals that also cannot reproduce. Why?

Quote:
Do you think homosexuality ensure the survival of the species? How?
I already explained this to you. Neither heterosexuality nor homosexuality has ensured the survival of the species. Only procreation has accomplished this, and procreation is something both heterosexuals and homosexuals can achieve. So while your argument may have meant something decades ago, it holds no weight today.

Quote:
Gays can marry. Nobody says know. Marriage however is an union between a man and a women.
I guess what you're trying to say here is you're okay with gay marriage being legal; you just won't be calling it "marriage"? I mean, really, clarify your stance here if you don't mind.

Quote:
I'll try again too. Do you think homosexulaity is a concidence? Nothing is a coincidence in nature. Homosexuality is nature's way of purging certain traits, genes or rather combination of genes from our genetic pool. Are we clear now?
Completely unfounded, and you certainly have failed to identify what traits, genes, or combinations of genes have been purged. I'm afraid your unsupported theories on homosexuality do not merit the authority to limit another person's freedoms. What else ya got?

Old 09-08-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Well it isn't any longer exclusively for heterosexuals. Do you deny even this, or are you just all attitude? And how do you know that a homosexual didn't play an essential role in getting me here?
I have no idea how you come up with these crazy ideas. Of course no homosexual was involved. Do you know where babies came from? )

Quote:
Yet again, no, it doesn't. Not anymore. People can reproduce without heterosexual intercourse.
And what is the percentage of population that came to this world this way?
Quote:
And it's time for you to stop dodging the question: Is the lack of ability to reproduce reason to keep someone from getting married or adopting? You seem to be arguing that it is for homosexuals, but not for heterosexuals that also cannot reproduce. Why?
Who talks about reproduction? Marriage has always been an union of a man and a women.

Quote:
I already explained this to you. Neither heterosexuality nor homosexuality has ensured the survival of the species. Only procreation has accomplished this, and procreation is something both heterosexuals and homosexuals can achieve. So while your argument may have meant something decades ago, it holds no weight today.
You are tripping kid. Procreation is in 99.99% a heterosexual matter.

Quote:
I guess what you're trying to say here is you're okay with gay marriage being legal; you just won't be calling it "marriage"? I mean, really, clarify your stance here if you don't mind.
You already have civil unions. What else do you want?

Quote:
Completely unfounded, and you certainly have failed to identify what traits, genes, or combinations of genes have been purged. I'm afraid your unsupported theories on homosexuality do not merit the authority to limit another person's freedoms. What else ya got?
Do you really think your homosexuality is a coincidence? Nothing is a coincidence in nature. And no: homosexuality is not equal with heterosexuality.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,880 times
Anal pleasures frighten me. If that make me homophobic, I am happy to have no weiners in my backside.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:52 PM

629 posts, read 946,651 times
Quote:
Homosexual people can and do reproduce through heterosexual sex, and in no small numbers. That's probably one of the reasons it persists in our populations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.