Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 PM

811 posts, read 1,054,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't deny God. I do find it funny that you use reason and logic in a sentence, but your posts are devoid of both.
Again, only to the ignorant.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Again, only to the ignorant.
Well I guess those ignorant include the vast majority of Jews. Eventhough Genesis is in the Jewish Bible (the torah), you would be hard pressed to find one Jewish person that believes in the literal interpretation of Genesis. That includes the Jewish Orthodox. So if they can get past it, one would think a Christian could because Genesis is not part of the new testament.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,158 times
Wait, how can the moon be 10,000 years old when the universe is only 6,000?

The Grand Canyon wasn't formed by the Colorado alone, please read a REAL science book.

The Universe is about 14.5 BILLION earth years old, our little corner of it, about 4.5 billion.

Scientists KNOWN what electricity is, heck anyone that has taken Physical Science in a real HS does.

The series How the Earth was Made is a simple explanation of earth's history.

Oh I am a "Creationist" by the way.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
I don't deny God. I do find it funny that you use reason and logic in a sentence, but your posts are devoid of both.
Trying to discuss science with those that believe it is acceptable to ignore facts they do not want to hear is pointless since they do not understand how science actually works. Want to see their fantasy in action go to Creation Musem, talk about ignoring facts.
Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview | Creation Museum

Old 09-03-2012, 01:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
This textbook is logical, in my opinion. I realize that some of you are God-deniers, and you believe that the Earth got here by chance, and that all the diversity of life, including the inner machinations of the cell, are all by mere chance. Such views are preposterous, in my opinion, and completely unscientific.
Saint Augustine was a God denier? He called Creationists idiots 1500 years ago, before modern science.

Most Christians are Theistic Evolutionists. Quit with the anti-god nonsense.

Creationism is not a historical aspect of Christianity, it developed from the Fundamentalist movement in the 20th Century.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:19 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
No kidding. I always thought that the theory of the Colorado River carving the Grand Canyons multiple layers, with such wideness at rim of the Canyon, made very little sense. It was illogical.
And the flood is logical? If a massive flood covered all of North America, and the Grand Canyon was formed from the water draining off (to where I have no clue), why is the Grand Canyon the only massive canyon formed from that runoff?

Old 09-03-2012, 01:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I was looking for one but I'm finding all religious sites.
That's cool, it was a wish to know challenge not one about your veracity.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:54 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
The book is poorly written. And laughable as a science book. Or even a reference book. "We don't know about electricity?"...okay. but GOD made it. Okay.

Last edited by jasper12; 09-03-2012 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-03-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Well I guess those ignorant include the vast majority of Jews. Eventhough Genesis is in the Jewish Bible (the torah), you would be hard pressed to find one Jewish person that believes in the literal interpretation of Genesis. That includes the Jewish Orthodox. So if they can get past it, one would think a Christian could because Genesis is not part of the new testament.
The Old Testament tells of the Israelites and tells of a Messiah to come. Jesus is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant, as outlined in the New Testament. Both are relevant to the explaining of the whole.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Saint Augustine was a God denier? He called Creationists idiots 1500 years ago, before modern science.

Most Christians are Theistic Evolutionists. Quit with the anti-god nonsense.

Creationism is not a historical aspect of Christianity, it developed from the Fundamentalist movement in the 20th Century.
The Creation Story is not a historical aspect of Christianity? Seriously?

The Creation story, as outlined in Genesis, has been an integral part of the Bible since its writing and compilation.

Without the creation story, there is not Adam and Eve, for man was created on the sixth day. Without Adam and Eve, there is no downfall of man. Without the downfall of man, there is no sin. Without sin, there is no need for a Savior (Jesus). Thus, as you can see, the creation account and the fall of man is definitely in line with all aspects of Christianity and the need of a savior for the remission of sins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies