Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 12:43 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
I am not claiming it isn't protected speech. Others are asking for validation of libs calling conservatives racist for the simple fact of not supporting Obama or his policies. The radio host had to go on for awhile about how race had nothing to do with it. Maybe change the word to "discrimination" and it falls in line with what the originating OP of this thread was about. So, I just laid out an example, although not a City-Data thread, of the race card being pulled when it has nothing to do with the matter. As far as what the woman said, it's basically the same as calling black person a derogatory name...say that with such hatred to a person's face. She was talking about the economy and employment. Do you see how these are similar? In terms of the woman who called into the radio show, maybe we shouldn't use the term "race card," and just use racist.
I honestly believe that a lot of people including members of congress that oppose Obama like he is some type of Antichrist is because they are racist. And some other people just do not like it but are not racist. IMO the racist people is the majority of the people who do not like Obama. And I am to believe that race does have something to do. My opinion of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 12:46 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Interesting. I hate when people call any dissent towards minorities "racist".

We see it here constantly. Anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist. We don't dislike the man because of his politics, we dislike him because he's black. That's the narrative from the leftists here, each and every one of them.

I'll stop accusing them of playing the race card when they stop playing it.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I don't belive on race is above another either. I'm from a mixed race family. But the idea that you won't take funding from an organization that doesn't follow your belief system to a T is not feasible, IMO. I'm sure there are many Democrats that are actually Catholic and don't believe in abortion. In fact our country does business with China inspite of their atrocious work conditions.

We live in a diverse world with countless divergent opinions. I don't always agree with my own spose on many issues but our end goal is what keeps us together.

If you were running an organization I'm quite sure you would not even be aware of all the opinions your contributors may hold. The reason they are contributing to your organization may not have much to do with you but the contributor may see it as a move in their direction.

For example, George Soros has toppled gov'ts in his quest to increase his wealth. He has contributed to Obama. Is there a correlation? Or on the other side, the Koch brothers contribution to the GOP may be seen as a move toward big business. Contributors are contributors. When you take their money it doesn't mean you belive in everything they stand for. It means you, yourself, have a goal and if someone sees that your goal may be a move in their direction they will help you.

You are certainly under no obligation to take money from a contributor. But doing so in your quest for an end goal doesn't neccesatate that you have the same belief systems.
Let me be completely clear: I wouldn't even talk to a person that believes one race is superior to other. Let alone get money from them. When you take money from people you are condoning their believes.

Let me tell you something else: I ended a friendship of 12 years over a comment on race. One comment that casually had to do with FAIR. When a person I considered my friend told me they agree with what FAIR did in Arizona and that as far as he was concerned they could place people of a certain race in concentration camps a la Nazi, I vowed never to talk to that person again.

Of course i live under my own belief system and not trying to impose it on no one.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I do not want to hijack this thread but taking money from an organization that promotes genetically manipulation of all non-whites and then saying we are not racists is like... illogical

If you take money from someone you are pretty much agreeing with them

If I were running an organization I would never take money of anyone that promotes the believe that one race is superior to the other, as I do not share that believe and do not condone those beliefs.
Exactly right! You judge a man by the company he keeps. If "a thing" looks fishy, smells fishy, and tastes fishy... it's a damn fish!

What gauls me is that people actually buy fairytales enough to bend over.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:04 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Let me be completely clear: I wouldn't even talk to a person that believes one race is superior to other. Let alone get money from them. When you take money from people you are condoning their believes.

Let me tell you something else: I ended a friendship of 12 years over a comment on race. One comment that casually had to do with FAIR. When a person I considered my friend told me they agree with what FAIR did in Arizona and that as far as he was concerned they could place people of a certain race in concentration camps a la Nazi, I vowed never to talk to that person again.

Of course i live under my own belief system and not trying to impose it on no one.

I don't have a lot of friends that are racist myself, for obvious reasons. But I don't end friendships based on that either. If we don't use the common ground we have with people to create more understanding, nothing will change for the better regarding race relations.

The concentration camp thing is out of the ball park and I agree with you on that comment. But that has nothing to do with what the Arizona law or FAIR is actually trying to do.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I don't have a lot of friends that are racist myself, for obvious reasons. But I don't end friendships based on that either. If we don't use the common ground we have with people to create more understanding, nothing will change for the better regarding race relations.

The concentration camp thing is out of the ball park and I agree with you on that comment. But that has nothing to do with what the Arizona law or FAIR is actually trying to do.
I think Arizona Joe Arpaio and that guy Pierce (he lost but it was proven he had links to neo nazis etc) are creating these laws because of race. But that is another discussion for another day.

I do not have racists friends, I do not partake in friendship with people that share racists beliefs. That is how I roll and have zero tolerance for bigotry

If you do, fine by me. I am the only one that live by my code. No one else has to do it.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,733,370 times
Quote:

Yup. And there it is: the real issue: taking money from producers and giving it to non-producers, a Democrat belief. Nothing to do with the race card. You can argue against corporate welfare, but I don't want to bring the argument for a third party into this...hmmm, or would I?

- budgetlord

Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
I honestly believe that a lot of people including members of congress that oppose Obama like he is some type of Antichrist is because they are racist. And some other people just do not like it but are not racist. IMO the racist people is the majority of the people who do not like Obama. And I am to believe that race does have something to do. My opinion of course.

This comment makes me wonder who you surround yourself with. I find VERY FEW people that hold racist opinions. And when I do I try to use that opportunity to educate them.

I hope you realize that politicians are a different animal. Race is not the issue...party is.

If you look at the poll numbers for Congress, meaning the House and the Senate they are bearly over two digits, lol. They aren't about the people and no longer represent us. It's not race it's party and power. And neither party gives a da*n about who contributes to them as long as it goes into their coffer for reelection.

Did you think Harry Reids comment about Obama being a light skinned well spoken man was racist?
How about Bidens put us all back in chains comment?
My point here is that politicians will say anything to rile their base in their quest for reelection. Obama backs Reid and Biden inspite of their racist comments. It's not representative of the nation IMO.

Were you referring to these comments when you said you believed race had something to do with it?

Old 09-08-2012, 01:31 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Ironic, these are the same sorts of people who say that others are trying to squash their opinions by bringing race into a discussion. You don't end a discussion by saying someone is "pulling the race card" either.

Started this thread because I pointed out that in the service industry in Manhattan there tends to be a lot of look-ism and the less diverse a staff is, the more money there is to be made in that bar/restaurant/lounge/nightclub. That's just a fact. The only place I know that has a majority minority waitstaff in Manhattan is TGI Friday's, and everyone knows no one makes any money there. Also if you are black and have natural hair, you can kiss a lot of opportunity to make money in the industry goodbye.

Saying race has something to do with anything isn't "pulling the race card". I know that's how ignorant people like to squash discussion about truths that make them uncomfortable but try harder.

Of course there are people who seem to think race is a factor in everything, but just by looking at the internet the biggest abuse of the "race card" is simply overuse of the expression.
I don't want to hear "pulling the race card". Everyone knows that the minority in America is the middle to lower middle class white man. He has no one to turn to. His female white counterpart can say it was gender related.
The white man has nothing.............

Chew on those facts and stop whining.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:31 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
Of course race matters. Just look how the Democrats played up their "diversity" at the DNC. That is all Liberals care about these days. What color is a person before anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies