Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 04:13 PM

390 posts, read 265,712 times

Advertisements

Other than pissing off a whiny segment of the population, there is nothing wrong with repealing the 19th Amendment.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-12-2012 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: languge

Old 09-12-2012, 04:22 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,366,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Other than pissing off a whiny segment of the population, there is nothing wrong with repealing the 19th Amendment.
Not going to happen.

Perhaps we should start getting to the actual reasons people vote as they do (that's assuming this is the major concern here) and attempt to change it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-12-2012 at 05:05 PM..

Old 09-12-2012, 04:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,389,353 times
Quote:
It is amazing the lengths the GOP will go to win an election.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-12-2012 at 05:05 PM..

Old 09-12-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It is amazing the lengths the GOP will go to win an election.
Who is part of the GOP here?

Old 09-12-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Not going to happen.

Perhaps we should start getting to the actual reasons people vote as they do (that's assuming this is the major concern here) and attempt to change it.
The American electorate is not an intelligent group of people. Never has been, never will be.

They need to be treated like infants, because that is what they essentially are.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:37 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I hate to sound sexist, I'm really not. I have been around women all my life. But, women don't think the same as men. And there is certainly nothing wrong with the way women think in general terms. They are useful at being caretakers, that maternal instinct. But I still think allowing them to vote was a horrible idea.

Anyway, I was looking over some Pew research studies today, and saw this quiz to see how you line up on the political spectrum(I'm right where I thought I would be, rofl).

Political Party Quiz | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Anyway, when i was going over the average results by sex, I noticed that women tend to be significantly more leftist than men. Which is really pretty much common sense. But, it got me thinking, how would this country have been different if women had never been allowed to vote.

Well, I can't say that we are any better off because of the woman vote. I really blame them for the welfare state that we are becoming. And the total destruction of the family and our values. While imposing strict social engineering and economic controls.

Basically, I feel that women are ruining America.

If you disagree, then please explain what the woman vote has done to help America in any conceivable way.
This is why many Republican women make me laugh... sadly the OP isn't the only Republican that thinks like this but he forgot to add gays, non-whites, new immigrants etc.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:43 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I hate to sound sexist, I'm really not. I have been around women all my life. But, women don't think the same as men. And there is certainly nothing wrong with the way women think in general terms. They are useful at being caretakers, that maternal instinct. But I still think allowing them to vote was a horrible idea.

Anyway, I was looking over some Pew research studies today, and saw this quiz to see how you line up on the political spectrum(I'm right where I thought I would be, rofl).

Political Party Quiz | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Anyway, when i was going over the average results by sex, I noticed that women tend to be significantly more leftist than men. Which is really pretty much common sense. But, it got me thinking, how would this country have been different if women had never been allowed to vote.

Well, I can't say that we are any better off because of the woman vote. I really blame them for the welfare state that we are becoming. And the total destruction of the family and our values. While imposing strict social engineering and economic controls.

Basically, I feel that women are ruining America.

If you disagree, then please explain what the woman vote has done to help America in any conceivable way.
Anyone who doesn't share your views should not be allowed to vote is that it?

Old 09-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
This is why many Republican women make me laugh... sadly the OP isn't the only Republican that thinks like this but he forgot to add gays, non-whites, new immigrants etc.
Hypothetical here....

Lets assume the 15th and 19th Amendments were repealed, and the country went back to landowning white males were the only ones voting.

Specifically how would that be worse than what we have now?

Old 09-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
The American electorate is not an intelligent group of people. Never has been, never will be.

They need to be treated like infants, because that is what they essentially are.
Once again, not going to happen.

I suggest you find a more persuasive approach.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:

Show what benefit there is to women voting.
You are not owed a demonstration of the benefit to women working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies