Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 08:52 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
I think that this is generally a fringe position, so there's nothing to worry about. A much more common position is to be against sexism period. The thing is, though, sexism exists both against females and against males. It's not about picking sides, unless the side is sexist versus not sexist.

As to the OP, this is 2012. The whole premise is silly. Women should have equal rights. Even if the characteristics the OP describes of women were to be true, it doesn't matter and it's totally irrelevant.
I disagree with you, unless the repugs are only voting for fringe characters.
This is not fringe and the anti-woman sentiment is being shared by a political party.
I suggest you read some of the threads in the Relationships Folder.

916 laws against women and their reproductive rights in an 18-21 month period. Very sad, very telling.

State Trends for 2011 on Abortion, Family Planning, Sex Education and Insurance
To date, legislators have introduced 916 measures related to reproductive health and rights in the 49 legislatures that have convened their regular sessions. (Louisiana’s legislature will not convene until late April.) By the end of March, seven states had enacted 15 new laws on these issues, including provisions that:

<sadly more at link, much more>

Old 09-12-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Redshadowz, you're voicing truths that are no longer allowed in public so the reaction is to be expected. And, of course, the fact that much truth is no longer allowed is the core aspect of modern PC living, a direct offshoot of radical feminism.

While I agree with you that women's voting patterns have hurt America, I could not in good conscience vote to remove their voting rights. The real problem is that men, straight-jacketed by PC for decades now, no longer assert themselves....and have essentially surrendered to the feminist agenda. Young men have never known the feeling of being able to think for themselves and most older men have been manipulated into yielding their political influence to the women around them, accepting the guilt trip laid upon them for "oppression" in the past.

A monster has been created that will be with us for a long, long time. But if more men would only break free of the heavy chains of PC that they perceive to be controlled by, we might just start to see a slowing of the swing of the pendulum.
Yeah, equality sucks and macho men must combat it at every chance.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Why not prove the OP wrong instead of using pathetic personal attacks? You are the one looking like the fool, not the OP.

Grow up.
I disagree, your posts and those of the misogynists you agree with are the foolish ones.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:01 AM

390 posts, read 265,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I disagree, your posts and those of the misogynists you agree with are the foolish ones.
Then prove me and my fellow "misogynists" wrong. lol.

Show what benefit there is to women voting.

I don't expect too much intellect from a self described "aging hippie" who tosses around retarded words like misogynist, so just a simple answer will do. If you can muster it

Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
I'll ask you the same question I posed to another poster:

What net benefit has the nation realized from giving women the right to vote?
It's as simple as your question is obtuse.

The nation benefits from the fact that it operates according to the Constitution and the will of the People is reflected the voting process.

Last I checked, women were people, not just men.

The participation of all legal adults in our fundamental political processes IS the benefit. If you don't think it is, then you should go live in China or some other Middle Eastern nation where things are decided by a small group of men, who terrorize everyone else into obedience.

What other "benefit" do you expect? What specific "benefit" do we get from the fact that you vote?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Then prove me and my fellow "misogynists" wrong. lol.

Show what benefit there is to women voting.

I don't expect too much intellect from a self described "aging hippie" who tosses around retarded words like misogynist, so just a simple answer will do. If you can muster it
So sorry that women scare you.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 AM

390 posts, read 265,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's as simple as your question is obtuse.

The nation benefits from the fact that it operates according to the Constitution and the will of the People is reflected the voting process.

Last I checked, women were people, not just men.

The participation of all legal adults in our fundamental political processes IS the benefit. If you don't think it is, then you should go live in China or some other Middle Eastern nation where things are decided by a small group of men, who terrorize everyone else into obedience.

What other "benefit" do you expect? What specific "benefit" do we get from the fact that you vote?
Women as a group (not every individual) tend to support unconstitutional social programs at an exponentially higher rate than men. Given that women choose to disregard the Constitution as a group, removing the voting rights of that group is a logical course of action.

I vote in line with the Constitution, whether it comes to voting for small government, or against making abortion illegal and in support of gay marriage. The benefit reaped from people like myself voting, is that some of us still care to adhere to the Constitutional principles this nation was founded upon.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:19 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
I'll ask you the same question I posed to another poster:

What net benefit has the nation realized from giving women the right to vote?
The more that are able to vote the wider the point of views either supporting or disagreeing with a given political notion. By increasing the potential amount of voters to include both genders your ensuring that political parties need to explain and discuss their policies to a wider range of potential voters. This would make it more difficult to be misleading and dishonest as it would be harder to fool everyone than it would half of them. You have twice the people questioning therefore increasing the range and type of questions asked and answers required.

More voices with more questions ensures that a government needs to try harder to inform and convince everyone, theoretically leading to more transparency and honesty in government. Logically it's harder to convince/fool 200,000,000 than it is to convince/fool 100,000,000.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:24 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
No taxation without representation. Most women work now. Will women continue to pay taxes in your utopia?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
You also use that very same personal responsibility argument when it comes to the situation of blacks in America too, correct?
Yes, if black men were stupid enough to believe the OP's crap my statement:

""And, yes, it's usually bitter/small/inexperienced/scared "men" who feel a desperate psychotic need to attack and blame women for all of life's ills.....because they can't take personal responisibility for their own actions(or inaction)."""

would apply to them also.

Nice try at a deflection......... hard for you to face the truth....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies