Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The goal of Islam is world domination
Yes - The goal of islam is world domination (I am a democrat) 11 7.28%
No - The goal of Islam is not world domination (I am a democrat) 6 3.97%
Yes - The goal of Islam is world domination (I am a republican) 41 27.15%
No - The goal of Islam is not world domination (I am a republican) 2 1.32%
Yes - The goal of Islam is world domination (I am non-partisan) 55 36.42%
No - The goal of Islam is not world domination (I am non-partisan) 36 23.84%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 05:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,886,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
there are extremists in all religions...
I think you have that backwards, all religions are extremist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,366,279 times
The results of the poll would seem to indicate that the majority of us see the threat as real.

The question then becomes --- how do we send the message that we are ready to deal very quickly, harshly, and permanently with the true Islamofascists while avoiding the mistake of tarring all Muslims with the same brush?

Old 09-15-2012, 07:51 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,272,167 times
Yes. The Muslim extremists are more dangerous than Christian extremists, or any other extrmists for that matter. Fundamentally, the religion embraces killing the infidels. Easiest question ever on c-d.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Religions are corporations. Christianity is like a company made up of a lot of smaller companies that are not organized in a unified manner...Islam does not have this problem .
If so, then why has one figure not emerged to speak for "monolithic Islam" as Islamic militancy and agression have increased pver the past half-century?

(You can start ranting about the AntiChrist now, Billy-Bob, if that's what trips your trigger.)

Old 09-15-2012, 08:57 AM

775 posts, read 742,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Why do we need a poll on this?

It's their stated official position, doesn't make a difference what non-muslim Democrats and Republicans think....

People forget the wars islam created between 700 - 1000 AD to try and take over the world....
It's also the stated position of Christianity to burn whores at the stake and take women as sexual prizes. Read it up.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:08 AM

6,268 posts, read 5,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The results of the poll would seem to indicate that the majority of us see the threat as real.

The question then becomes --- how do we send the message that we are ready to deal very quickly, harshly, and permanently with the true Islamofascists while avoiding the mistake of tarring all Muslims with the same brush?
We call it a War on Terror again and then actually fight a war. We had it right in WWII. Defeat the enemy in every and any way possible. Innocent people get killed along the way. That's just the way war is. We man up and get it done because they are not going away. In fact they are strong and coordinated and spread over a very large swath of the world.

We fight with the sole purpose to win. After we have won we help to rebuild their nations.

You can't fight a war and nation build at the same time. You can't fight a war and try to win over hearts and minds of the populace when you are fighting in their country and when you don't always know who the enemy is. You can't fight a war when you are not allowed to engage. You can't fight a war when our government cringes at the thought of waterboarding and when we splash all over the Internet just what we will and will not do to our enemies. We keep our mouths shut and don't announce to the world what we are doing or what we have done. And we get serious about muslims who are in our own country - what is being taught in our public schools, what is being taught in muslim schools, what is being discussed and coordinated in mosques and muslim meeting places........we seriously question as a people what is happening in extremely large muslim communities such as those in Dearborn MI.

I know what that means. I live in Wyoming and the remnants of one of those WWII Japanese internment camps is just a few minutes down the road from me. Could YOU have known by looking at your Japanese neighbor in the 1940's whether that person was just a friendly neighbor or a spy for a country that had just bombed the ***** out of our war ships? Can YOU tell just by looking at your friendly muslim neighbor who works down at the local grocery store whether or not they are filtering money and/or aid back to Al Qaeda?

That's what needs to be done but we don't have the will to do that. That really is what I think needs to be done but we will not do it. We as a country have high ideals now about what we are, and who we are, and what our reputation is (or should be) around the world. But ideals don't and won't keep us safe. They only understand one thing and that is violence. It is the only language they speak and the only language they understand.

I'm not a racist and I'm not a radical. I am a mother and a citizen and I am a pragmatist. We as a country spend far too much time wringing our hands and we need to do whatever it takes (which is sometimes a very ugly business) to ensure our safety and the safety of the next generation.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
We call it a War on Terror again and then actually fight a war. We had it right in WWII. Defeat the enemy in every and any way possible. Innocent people get killed along the way. That's just the way war is. We man up and get it done because they are not going away. In fact they are strong and coordinated and spread over a very large swath of the world.
I recognize your point; but World War II was a total war -- between fully-industrialized nations, some of whom were dominted by a secular totalitarian ideology. Furthermore, a contest was under way to develop weapons of even greater porential. In the cases of Tokyo, Hiroshima and Dresden, survival was viewed as so much in the balance that we incinerated noncombatants, even children. (And yes, I will admit to paralell
atrocities in the Indian Wars).

The prospect of joining Hitler as a mass-murderer aside, that sort of total-extermination strategy is simply not effective in a conflict where about 18% of the world's population is a potential foe. If we had to face a fight to the finish, I could see using every available weapon against the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah, of cooperating woth Israel to put both the PLO and Iran out of business once and for all, of assassinating the likes of Arafat if a similar germ arose today.

But I suspect that before any of that became necessary, the riffraff of the Middle East might well see their policy of breeding Israel into a crisis backfire -- and that they, the Arabs, might face a famine. That would be the time to move in, and rule with an iron hand. When you've got them by the stomach, their hearts and minds will follow --- maybe only temporarily, but it would allow is to consolidate our strength.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:32 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,721,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think you have that backwards, all religions are extremist.
As are atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
It's also the stated position of Christianity to burn whores at the stake and take women as sexual prizes. Read it up.
Stupidity prevails.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:05 PM

775 posts, read 742,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Stupidity prevails.
I'll assume you did not take my advice to look it up. God explicitly orders his followers to burn whores at the stake and stone to death disobedient teenagers.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,971,267 times
I voted yes, but I would add it is also the goal of Christianity, conversion also means control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies