Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 09:39 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I am so sick of hearing this false "War on Women" crap. Talk to women in the middle-east about a war on women. I bet they would love to deal with the so called war on women in this country. There is NO War on Women!! Not in the USA anyway, go get your panties in a bunch over the REAL war on women in other countries.

Here this is the REAL war on women!!
UAE: Court Rules that Wife-Beating Allowed Under Sharia Law | Women Reclaiming and Redefining Cultures

FrontPage Magazine - How Sharia Law Punishes Raped Women

THIS IS A REAL WAR ON WOMEN!!!!!!
And Republicans are not waging a War On Women?

You do know, don't you, that Paul Ryan and others like him in the Republican Party want to force women who are victims of rape to carry a rape pregnancy to term.

Most of those rape victims look a lot like the women pictured in your post.....ya know....beat to a pulp.
But, hey....too bad for her. Let's force her to go through pregnancy and childbirth too....even if she is only 12 years old.

Sure sounds like something out of the Middle East to me.

Oh yeah....... and let's not forget that these same Republican legislators want to ban the medication women are given after a rape to prevent a pregnancy.

Anyone who does not take these threats to American women's freedom seriously is being extrememly naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 PM

450 posts, read 1,060,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You never know how things will turn out. There are so many kids waiting to be adopted especially the special needs ones. What life do they have, they are unwanted and unloved. Then you have kids that are adopted and abused. Yes, of course there are some success stories but that's not always the case.
Yes, it's precisely because we don't know how things will turn out that we should not judge which child should live or die. BTW, unlike some of the other posters here, I perceive you have a tender heart and this issue matters to you. At the risk of being laughed at by the atheists, feminists, etc., (I leave them all to their empty and foolish notions), I sense that God either has or someday will touch your heart concerning this issue. I envy you.

Last edited by xnyer; 09-14-2012 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: word omission

Old 09-14-2012, 09:50 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,487,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I could care less if you think women don't get to have a full and complete sex life. FYI they can and do and should not feel the least but bad about it.

I'm in favor of women having a terrific sex life. I never said that women should not enjoy sex completely.

What do you think? That it's all about men?

Women are just as aggressive as men when it comes to making it happen.

My complaint occurs when a man doesn't use a rubber, or the woman doesn't supply her own form of contraception.

That makes one of them, or both of them - STUPID.

I know, being STUPID is a legitimate reason to kill a baby.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:51 PM

32,122 posts, read 15,112,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
Yes, it's precisely because we don't know how things will turn out that we should not judge which child should live or die. BTW, unlike some of the other posters here, I perceive you have a tender heart and this issue matters to you. At the risk of being laughed at by the atheists, feminists, etc., (I leave them all to their empty and foolish notions), I sense that God either has or someday will touch your heart concerning this issue. I envy you.
I was raised catholic and believe in god. However, I don't believe everything the bible and the priests taught me. Priests are just men and the bible has been translated and handed down so many times that it's just not reliable. If a women chooses to abort then let that be between her and god not us.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,504,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And Republicans are not waging a War On Women?

You do know, don't you, that Paul Ryan and others like him in the Republican Party want to force women who are victims of rape to carry a rape pregnancy to term.

Most of those rape victims look a lot like the women pictured in your post.....ya know....beat to a pulp.
But, hey....too bad for her. Let's force her to go through pregnancy and childbirth too....even if she is only 12 years old. .
This is just nonsense. This is another example of leftwing distortion, divisivness, and flat out misrepresentation. Shame on you. They are not trying to force rape victims to do no such things. Shame shame shame.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,053,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
This is just nonsense. This is another example of leftwing distortion, divisivness, and flat out misrepresentation. Shame on you. They are not trying to force rape victims to do no such things. Shame shame shame.
how else do you understand wanting to outlaw abortion in the case of rape and incest? that is no distortion that is the ryan's platform.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I can also believe that life has value, a spirit and a soul. I am still pro choice. it is not up to me to force my values on other women, especially women I don't know and will not be helping to support if her choice is to keep her baby.

do you only see the world from your eyes and life? please you really think the hooker that aborts is gonna feel guilty about it a few years later? is she gonna wax poetic about what the child would look like? a kid born to a drug addicted hooker is most likely gonna grow up and live the same kinda life. many women just don't want to be mothers or do not wan't to have a child at that time in their lives. they go on later to have children. the choice is theirs. no I am not hard hearted at all. I want children born to people that love and want them.
So then you are saying that people cannot change? "Hookers" cannot overcome drugs, they cannot love? How can you be so judgemental? Who put you in a position of judging anybody. What you are essentially saying is that no one can be redeemed and no one is capable of changing their lives. That's about as hypocritical a statement as I have heard recently. Life must be hard to carry such bitterness

Old 09-14-2012, 09:55 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,502,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Does your proof come from the Republican platform? Tell us where (with proof that it isn't qualified with words like 'legitimate') he really stands for on this issue.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I was raised catholic and believe in god. However, I don't believe everything the bible and the priests taught me. Priests are just men and the bible has been translated and handed down so many times that it's just not reliable. If a women chooses to abort then let that be between her and god not us.
Much of what you are saying I agree with. The wonder of God is that he works in mysterious ways! Best wishes.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:59 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,053,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
So then you are saying that people cannot change? "Hookers" cannot overcome drugs, they cannot love? How can you be so judgemental? Who put you in a position of judging anybody. What you are essentially saying is that no one can be redeemed and no one is capable of changing their lives. That's about as hypocritical a statement as I have heard recently. Life must be hard to carry such bitterness
lol, I am not bitter at all. just because I think differently then you does not make he heartless or bitter. sure people can change. but there will never be a world where there are no drug addicted hookers or low life scum or the rest of the crud that makes up our society. these women will never be good mothers, don't want to be mothers. in that I agree with them. you have your head in the sand if you think all pregnancies will turn into a joy and a blessing for mother and child
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies