Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,278,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And yet you are posting on a thread about abortion. Stupid, stupid.

Wow!!!! Not many on here would admit loving that Americans were killed in a foreign country. How disgusting!!!!
WTH are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,278,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ummmm.....I am not the one contending that doctors who perform abortions are coercing women into having abortions because of the HUGE financial gain involved. That would be the poster I was responding to.
My mistake!

Quote:
As far as the per hour charge.....how about you tell me? A few months ago I saw a doctor at a clinic for all of 8 minutes to get a script for antibiotics for a sinus infection. The charge? $178....and I still had to buy the antibiotic.
But we're talking about a surgical abortion vs. cost of prenatal care & delivery of a full term pregnancy. The average first tri-mester abortion takes between 5-10 minutes and can cost anywhere from $300-$600 depending on subsidies available/insurance.

Quote:
As far as the cost of condoms......so what?.....you do know condoms are not 100% effective, right?
You do know pregnancy is still 100% preventable, right?

Quote:
My point? There is money to be made whether a woman has an abortion, pregnancy/childbirth, or if she puts it up for adoption.
Of course there is. Who works for free? Even folks who don't work want to be paid.

Quote:
In fact, OB's who perform abortions, would make a LOT MORE MONEY by talking the woman into carrying the pregnancy instead of aborting. {as YOU pointed out}
That depends on what the OB charges for prenatal care and delivery (not u/s fees, not hospital fees, not blood work) just visits and delivery. What I pointed out is that it's not a one time visit.

I have a good friend who is a maternal/fetal physician. He performs an in utero surgery on a very specific type of a pregnancy and after all the prep (patient history/fetal history research) and the time it takes for the specific surgery, he shocked us all this summer when he and his wife hosted a BBQ (full of physicians who were inquiring about the write-up he just had published about him) when he told us he makes about $8/hr (total cost of surgery to patient/insurance co is $1200) after all is said and done (and before taxes, he made sure to include that fact).

It's pretty unethical to talk a patient in to anything she/he doesn't want to do. And if one can be talked in to doing something he/she doesn't want to do, whose fault is that, really? If you allow yourself to be convinced to carry a baby to term that you KNOW you don't want or can't afford....you weren't too sure about much. What else did you allow yourself to be convinced to do...the deed that got you in the mess you're in in the first place?

My OB/GYN quit the OB part because she was making soooo much money....NOT! Two of her partners moved out of state and the third, after 20 years, quit the entire gig and became a real estate agent...... b/c there wasn't a lot of money to be made after the cost of OB malpractice insurance sky rocketed to about $100K per year (even higher today). With the median "average" salary of OB/GYN's being around $255K, and those who fall at the higher end of the salary chart make a little over $100K more.

An OB/GYN who makes $400K per year, after federal taxes at 33%, state income tax (in the state I live in it's salary x .0637 % - $2K or more depending on how one files), and $100K in malpractice insurance, I have more disposable income than him/her.

Medical Malpractice Insurance - FREE quotes - FREE Practice Tools - Professional Liability Insurance from a name you can trust.

Quote:
Women should just keep their legs shut if they don't want a pregnancy? Sure would be a lot of men out there crying because they aren't getting any.....even the married ones...... if that were the case. Be careful what you wish for.....you might get it.
If women aren't going to take control of/own their bodies BEFORE they don't want a pregnancy they just woke up with one day, yes.

Quote:
BTW.....most men breathe a sigh of relief when their SO aborts an unwanted pregnancy. Women aren't the only ones who benefit from having the choice to abort.
Again, pregnancy is 100% preventable and there is no reason to find oneself with an unwanted pregnancy. Take your basil body temp every day & figure out when you are ovulating, use condoms, get on BC pills, use an IUD, get "the shot" or implant, mix and match or get your tubes tied or a vasectomy (for those married couples who don't want kids or more kids).

Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 AM

14,570 posts, read 23,104,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I do not see a problem with requiring clinics to have physical standards that even grocery stores are expected to have. Certainly doorways have to be able to have gurneys and wheelchairs to be able to have clearance.
The problem is that they are imposing it on only a certain type of clinic. That's what got a similar law shot down by the courts in Mississippi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Amazing the crap Democrats have started to take the focus away from the fact the obama presidency has been an utter and dismal failure....
Uh, pretty sure the democrats didn't do this.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:27 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,986,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Yeah, let`s all sleep around and have sex whenever and however we want. We can always get an abortion and someone else will pay for it. See how taking the extreme position from the other side works?
I think you are talking about prostitutes or whores you are assuming all women

The high class prostitutes are having more sex than the women in this country, they take care of the elite they don't have too many problems moneywise or having an abortion paid by the elite.. The salary is outstanding, do not pay taxes, not to mention Oh! the clothes, shoes, apartments, jewelry.

I'm sure some women in the past 20 yrs have been forced to become high class prostitutes.

Some women just have no choice and do it to put food on the table, without receiving welfare, the money is better.

A Wh is a Wh, some do it just to do it, some do it for drugs.

I don't think you've ever met a classy prostitute or a mother who needs the money without receiving welfare have you?

And well, Wh's will always be around.

Most women in this country are not having sex whenever they want, they are too damn tired from working, mothers come home need to pack lunches, prepare a meal, bless them, or use the crockpot for the next day.

I should have gave my profession a second thought years ago, high class prostitution doesn't sound too bad now.

And again, how many have adopted the children the mother gave birth to and did not have the money to care for them, did you? I didn't think so.

The GOP have no business in this issue, most are all men, let them put their feet in stir-ups and get probed, see how they like it.

The Wh you know what that means, you cannot use the word here.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the "baby" is a fetus and can not think or feel when most abortions are done. BC is great wonder why so many right wing folks disapprove of it?
Right! why don't the holier than thou protest in front of the drug companies who make birth control.

See how fast they are removed, drug co.'s are corporations, big time stock holders, there's too many more expensive drugs coming out.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
You say that women aren't stupid.

Well let me ask you this. If a woman allows a penis into her vagina, what does she expect?

Hmmm, I bet that something might happen. I'm pretty sick and tired of you people saying that there is a problem in society that taxpayers should resolve.

If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, then she should keep her legs closed.

It takes two to tango, keep your pants on or your zipper shut

Old 09-23-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And Republicans are not waging a War On Women?

You do know, don't you, that Paul Ryan and others like him in the Republican Party want to force women who are victims of rape to carry a rape pregnancy to term.

Most of those rape victims look a lot like the women pictured in your post.....ya know....beat to a pulp.
But, hey....too bad for her. Let's force her to go through pregnancy and childbirth too....even if she is only 12 years old.

Sure sounds like something out of the Middle East to me.

Oh yeah....... and let's not forget that these same Republican legislators want to ban the medication women are given after a rape to prevent a pregnancy.

Anyone who does not take these threats to American women's freedom seriously is being extrememly naive.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I was raised catholic and believe in god. However, I don't believe everything the bible and the priests taught me. Priests are just men and the bible has been translated and handed down so many times that it's just not reliable. If a women chooses to abort then let that be between her and god not us.

That's how I feel, its between God and the woman, God will judge and let it be.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you think women in the US should wait until the Repugnants drag us that far down!!!!

That's not really a very bright idea.

I say stop them in their tracks or women WILL be like those women in other countries....
Right! damn I don't have an apron or dress or pearl earrings to meet my man at the door.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You have to wonder what Jesus 's wife would have said about the War on Women.
I think Mary Magdalene would of had her say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies