Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 12:58 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I agree 100%. The GOP is using the issue of abortion, and now, contraception, to roll back the gains women have made over the past 40 years.

A woman's ability to control her reproductive system IS an economic issue. An unplanned or unwanted pregnancy can force a woman to drop out of college, miss out on a job opportunity, move back in with her parents, or slip into poverty. Marriages, and even lives, can be ruined.

Women HAVE to have the right to decide when and under what conditions they become mothers. The decision to terminate a pregnancy must be between them and their own conscience.

Does anyone believe, for one second, that if MEN became pregnant, choice would EVER have become an issue?
Great post and it is DEFINITELY about economics.......but Repugs want women poor so they can villify and whine about spending a few pennies of their taxes to help them and FEED the CHILDREN(they HATE feeding poor children)

part of the REAL War Against Women...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 03:19 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,312,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The woman had just had an abortion at Kermit Gosnell's clinic. Her heart had stopped and ambulance workers couldn't get her out a locked clinic door. So they cut a padlock and had to wait for staff to find a key to a second lock.

That account was one of many problems cited in an order released Tuesday by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.

The agency found that Gosnell's West Philadelphia clinic had no easy way to get patients on stretchers out of the building. The clinic also lacked required medical equipment and drugs for emergency resuscitation, state investigators found.

Why do you support women suffering through these kinds of conditions? Do you realize that if perhaps this clinic had been forced to make it a safe place for medical procedures this might not have happened?

Pa. lists violations at Gosnell’s abortion clinic
Are you saying that there are no possibilities of death with regular pregnancy?
And you might want to looik at stats on deaths associated with abortion; they're much less than deaths associated with a full term pregnancy.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,312,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
I guess you women get to choose, too bad no one can ask the baby. I guess asking supposedly intelligent, responsible adults to keep their pants on would be too simple an answer for the problem of abortion as a contraceptive.
It's not a baby until it's born (or, viable).
I don't usually ask a clump of cells for very much.
Do you?

Against abortion, don't have one.
Pretty simple.

Have you been adopting? Supporting education in the schools?
Probably not.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:31 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,881,200 times
Quote:
I agree 100%. The GOP is using the issue of abortion, and now, contraception, to roll back the gains women have made over the past 40 years.

A woman's ability to control her reproductive system IS an economic issue. An unplanned or unwanted pregnancy can force a woman to drop out of college, miss out on a job opportunity, move back in with her parents, or slip into poverty. Marriages, and even lives, can be ruined.

Women HAVE to have the right to decide when and under what conditions they become mothers. The decision to terminate a pregnancy must be between them and their own conscience.

Does anyone believe, for one second, that if MEN became pregnant, choice would EVER have become an issue?
A very well written post. I could never support a candidate that would reverse all of the gains women have made in the past 40 years. I will never be able to wrap my brain around other women that vote against their own interests. If you don't believe in choice for yourself, that's fine. But for the love of god, don't force young, scared women into back alleys to be slaughtered. I don't believe in taking gun rights away, and I don't even own a gun (and I think we've all seen/heard the horrific stories with irresponsible gun owners). Who am I to decide for anyone else what is between someone and their MD and their god?

Old 09-15-2012, 03:36 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's not a baby until it's born (or, viable).
I don't usually ask a clump of cells for very much.
Do you?
Let's see.

The clump of cells kicks. You start to lactate so that you can provide good food to your clump of cells developing in your womb.

Some women cherish the moments they have with their soon to be born son or daughter. They hold their tummies lovingly. For a child is about to be born.

You suggest that a small human being is of as much worth to you as taking a crap.

If it hasn't come out yet, you can still kill it. Cells develop into arms and fingers. A brain also develops.

You are not the kind of woman I would ever want to meet.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:09 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Let's see.

The clump of cells kicks. You start to lactate so that you can provide good food to your clump of cells developing in your womb.

Some women cherish the moments they have with their soon to be born son or daughter. They hold their tummies lovingly. For a child is about to be born.

You suggest that a small human being is of as much worth to you as taking a crap.

If it hasn't come out yet, you can still kill it. Cells develop into arms and fingers. A brain also develops.

You've meet plenty. Probably like and even love some of them. No woman will tell you, becaue it's none of your business, but trust that you know woman who've had abortions. Friends, family, teachers, church members, etc.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:34 PM

36 posts, read 34,562 times
Quote:
The Virginia Board of Health, under intense pressure from McDonnell and Cucinelli, have adopted new regulations to apply to the state's 20 Family Planning clinics. The regulations apply draconian, onerous health rules, designed for the state's richest, best-funded hospitals, to the tiny, cash-strapped clinics:

Va. Board Of Health Passes Abortion Clinic Regulations Under Pressure

The ruling is expected to force at least 15 of the state's clinics to close, rather than make the necessary upgrades. Many of the rules- wider doorways, space requirements, more expensive equipment- were DELIBERATELY DESIGNED to be unworkable in the old clinic offices (Whatis it with the GOP, anyway? I thought you guys HATED regulations? )

No other outpatient-type clinics- dentists, chiropractic, etc,- are effected. Just places where women can obtain an abortion

This is the "Mississippi Solution"- the state can't outlaw abortion directly, because that would be a violation of a woman's constitutional rights, per Roe V Wade. So the Virginia GOP is attacking women's ability to control their reproductive life (and thus, their educational, economic, and professional lives) by nibbling at the margins of a legal, necessary medical procedure.

Soon, the only women able to get an abortion in Virginia will be GOP congressmen's mistresses.

REMEMBER THIS, ladies, when the GOP complains "What war on women?" Here is a PRIME EXAMPLE, from the same guys who brought you the vaginal probe ultrasound!
I think the bigger concern is the democrat party war on intelligence. They must really think people are stupid and they sure want to keep them that way.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,072,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges.

An abortion is a one time procedure. How long does it take? What the per/hour charge? What the cost on the doc? What SHOULD it cost?

Legit adoptions don't take a quick visit to Planned Parenthood and get it all settled in a few hours. Again, apples and oranges.

Pregnancies, because you apparently have no clue, last about 9 months. Not a few minutes getting your mistake scraped out of you and some recovery time. Lot's of time and effort on the OB's part. You disagree?

What's the cost of an abortion? I dunno, but I'm SURE an economy sized box of condoms costs a LOT LESS! And hey, don't have SEX if you can't AFFORD to protect your dumb arse to begin with. Kids cost a lot more than keeping your panties on.

Who CARES the cost of adoption agencies? That baby didn't end up in a medical waste bag waiting to be incinerated. What's it to YOU? What is your point?

Ummmm.....I am not the one contending that doctors who perform abortions are coercing women into having abortions because of the HUGE financial gain involved. That would be the poster I was responding to.

As far as the per hour charge.....how about you tell me? A few months ago I saw a doctor at a clinic for all of 8 minutes to get a script for antibiotics for a sinus infection. The charge? $178....and I still had to buy the antibiotic.

As far as the cost of condoms......so what?.....you do know condoms are not 100% effective, right?

My point? There is money to be made whether a woman has an abortion, pregnancy/childbirth, or if she puts it up for adoption.

In fact, OB's who perform abortions, would make a LOT MORE MONEY by talking the woman into carrying the pregnancy instead of aborting. {as YOU pointed out}

So much for OB's coercing women into aborting.

Women should just keep their legs shut if they don't want a pregnancy? Sure would be a lot of men out there crying because they aren't getting any.....even the married ones...... if that were the case. Be careful what you wish for.....you might get it.

BTW.....most men breathe a sigh of relief when their SO aborts an unwanted pregnancy. Women aren't the only ones who benefit from having the choice to abort.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:00 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,617,460 times
Quote:
You thought wrong. This is 2012 and it's about the Middle East, stupid.
And yet you are posting on a thread about abortion. Stupid, stupid.

Quote:
At least this week it is, and Obama is failing like no other has.
Wow!!!! Not many on here would admit loving that Americans were killed in a foreign country. How disgusting!!!!

Old 09-16-2012, 07:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Let's see.

""""Some women cherish the moments they have with their soon to be born son or daughter. They hold their tummies lovingly. For a child is about to be born.""""

Oh, how sweet and romantic....but you left off the part where the baby comes out of, in your words, "that hole"....

WHY are Republicans so wrapped up/involved/interested/OVERLY concerned/passing laws about pregnancy???? Uterus envy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies