Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 01:25 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What money? Four hundred dollars? Really?

The medical profession makes a lot more money than that on a full term pregnancy.

Adoption providers make a lot more money than that arranging adoptions.

There is not big money in providing an abortion. FAIL.
You're comparing apples to oranges.

An abortion is a one time procedure. How long does it take? What the per/hour charge? What the cost on the doc? What SHOULD it cost?

Quote:
Adoption providers make a lot more money than that arranging adoptions.
Legit adoptions don't take a quick visit to Planned Parenthood and get it all settled in a few hours. Again, apples and oranges.

Pregnancies, because you apparently have no clue, last about 9 months. Not a few minutes getting your mistake scraped out of you and some recovery time. Lot's of time and effort on the OB's part. You disagree?

What's the cost of an abortion? I dunno, but I'm SURE an economy sized box of condoms costs a LOT LESS! And hey, don't have SEX if you can't AFFORD to protect your dumb arse to begin with. Kids cost a lot more than keeping your panties on.

Who CARES the cost of adoption agencies? That baby didn't end up in a medical waste bag waiting to be incinerated. What's it to YOU? What is your point?

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-15-2012 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Nice to know that conservative politicians are wasting their time with this kind of thing. I thought it was about the economy, stupid?
You thought wrong. This is 2012 and it's about the Middle East, stupid. At least this week it is, and Obama is failing like no other has.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-15-2012 at 02:21 AM..

Old 09-15-2012, 03:10 AM

335 posts, read 329,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Did you know that the rate of abortion has not declined since RvW? It is just safer now than it was b4.
b4? Are you calling out Bingo numbers?

Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Cyber Queen

Government should not tell women what to do with their bodies.
Yeah, go ahead and kill your unborn babies if that makes you women feel better about yourselves. Kill, kill, kill!

Old 09-15-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I could care less if you think women don't get to have a full and complete sex life. FYI they can and do and should not feel the least but bad about it.
That "full and complete sex life" for women should include the use of contraceptives to avoid getting pregnant if women don't want to bring babies into the world. By the way, it should be "I couldn't care less", not "I could care less".

Last edited by mrbartlebee; 09-15-2012 at 03:48 AM..

Old 09-15-2012, 05:15 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,368,508 times
OHHH boy the daily abortion thread.

MY healthcare choices should be between myself and my doctor.

I am pro-choice and I believe each woman has the right to choose without interference.

There have been so many restrictive laws enacted and attempts to enact to get around roe v wade it disgusts me.

VA is just one example of the trans-vaginal law...it is an unecessary procedure yet now it's law for woman to have it...THAT is war on woman and our healthcare choices.

If you don't believe in abortion that's fine - don't have one, but don't foist your beliefs on me. I'd really like someone to explain WHAT gives someone else the right to make my choices for me? These choices should be between myself and my doctor.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:54 AM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
I never said that all pregnancies turn into joy and blessing as you assert, but are you presuming to know which baby will or will not? It seems that you just cannot help yourself from sitting in judgement of other people. So you determine who is "low life scum" and "crud" to use your words, and you don't see yourself as bitter? The world will always have trouble as you have said, but is it fair to punish the innocent through abortion for the wrongs of the world?
your first post pointed out how pregnancy was a blessing, how women would be sorry later in life and have a hard time when they thought about what their aborted child would look like. this does not take into consideration women who do not find pregnancy a blessing.

I am not presuming to know what mother/baby will have a good life or bad. that is why I am pro choice. the mother is the only one that knows her life. I am not speaking in absolutes only giving you the other side of the rosey picture you describe.

abortion isn't about punishment the fetus doesn't know if it is alive or not till after it is born and has a life to live. no life is not fair and neither would life be fair for the children who get abused and go hungry, ignored and uncared for because they were born to a parent that didn't want them.

is it fair to force a woman to remain pregnant to term, labor and deliver a baby she doesn't want?

Old 09-15-2012, 07:59 AM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
That "full and complete sex life" for women should include the use of contraceptives to avoid getting pregnant if women don't want to bring babies into the world. By the way, it should be "I couldn't care less", not "I could care less".
of course it should. it is only the far right that wants to outlaw BC. BC should be easier to get and very low cost as well as sex ed taught in school, which the far right is against as well.

p.s. I could care less if you want to "school" me on the way I phrase something or point out a typo or spelling error. it really says you don't have a rebuttal worth squat.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:22 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Yeah, go ahead and kill your unborn babies if that makes you women feel better about yourselves. Kill, kill, kill!
I'd rather concentrate on the babies that were born because a woman had an eariler abortion and was allowed to give birth under better circumstances. So many of us wouldn't be here you know...and I think everyone who IS here is just as deserviing as the ones who aren't. Don't you agree?

Old 09-15-2012, 12:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I am so sick of hearing this false "War on Women" crap. Talk to women in the middle-east about a war on women. I bet they would love to deal with the so called war on women in this country. There is NO War on Women!! Not in the USA anyway, go get your panties in a bunch over the REAL war on women in other countries.

Here this is the REAL war on women!!

UAE: Court Rules that Wife-Beating Allowed Under Sharia Law | Women Reclaiming and Redefining Cultures

FrontPage Magazine - How Sharia Law Punishes Raped Women

THIS IS A REAL WAR ON WOMEN!!!!!!
So you think women in the US should wait until the Repugnants drag us that far down!!!!

That's not really a very bright idea.

I say stop them in their tracks or women WILL be like those women in other countries....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies