Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This country was founded on immigration I agree - LEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!!!

Not the covert kind that slips thru the cracks and shows up unannounced, unregulated and risks our national security!

What we have now is NATIONAL IN-SECURITY.

Because of over 20 years of broken borders. We have NO IDEA who is in this country today!

Muslim extremists breach border

Controversial Muslim cleric caught being smuggled into U.S. over Mexico border

Keep reading your liberal progressive pablum, watching your MSNBC, CNN, NPR. You need to open your eyes!
So now you are worried about a different type of person? I have known plenty of people from the Middle East living here, and they have all migrated here in search for a better life. And almost everyone from the Middle East has immigrated here legally.

So yes, our country was founded on immigration and we are going to always be a country that is a collection of all races and religions. You are just gonna have to deal with that fact and understand not everyone in this country is exactly like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So now you are worried about a different type of person? I have known plenty of people from the Middle East living here, and they have all migrated here in search for a better life. And almost everyone from the Middle East has immigrated here legally.

So yes, our country was founded on immigration and we are going to always be a country that is a collection of all races and religions. You are just gonna have to deal with that fact and understand not everyone in this country is exactly like you.
Where have I EVER posted in all of my 11,331 posts here said I WANT EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY TO BE LIKE ME???

And that I don't accept people from different ethnicities, political opinion or religious faiths?

NOT ONCE EVER.

You need to get your nose out of the behind of Obama and the mainstream media and do some investigative reading on your own about how porous our borders have been for the last 20+ years with regard to our national security before you start blaming me for being a bigot.

Your blind idealism is a consequence of your youth, and believing everything you see on television and read from lefty news organizations who don't tell you what is really going on in this country and the world.

The news in the USA is FILTERED through government channels.

Find some international news to know what is really going on, until you do that anything you say to me about how bigoted and narrowminded I am means zero.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:09 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

There is a difference though....We really don't know who is friend or foe these days.

As for the question,yes I do believe we better prepare for WW3. The coming from a person who tends to lean left.
The only problem is that we won't fight nations,we would be fighting a whole region.
Even then,it could possibly extend into 2 regions.
War can't be averted forever.

As a side note....would black and white Americans finally come together to fight a common enemy?

Old 09-15-2012, 08:33 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,465 times
You know what? I think deep down inside, some Americans actually want a World War Three. Compare America's post-war economy all the way up to the '70s, and compare that with our economy now. In addition, with the way that World War Two has been glorified so much over the past few decades, it's no small wonder to me that some people actually look forward to a good old-fashioned war between nation states as opposed to guerrilla insurgencies, which we as a Western nation can never win outright.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Where have I EVER posted in all of my 11,331 posts here said I WANT EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY TO BE LIKE ME???

And that I don't accept people from different ethnicities, political opinion or religious faiths?

NOT ONCE EVER.

You need to get your nose out of the behind of Obama and the mainstream media and do some investigative reading on your own about how porous our borders have been for the last 20+ years with regard to our national security before you start blaming me for being a bigot.

Your blind idealism is a consequence of your youth, and believing everything you see on television and read from lefty news organizations who don't tell you what is really going on in this country and the world.

The news in the USA is FILTERED through government channels.

Find some international news to know what is really going on, until you do that anything you say to me about how bigoted and narrowminded I am means zero.
Well all I am saying is you shouldn't assume that just because someone is from Mexico or the Middle East that they are an illegal immigrant.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
There is a difference though....We really don't know who is friend or foe these days.

As for the question,yes I do believe we better prepare for WW3. The coming from a person who tends to lean left.
The only problem is that we won't fight nations,we would be fighting a whole region.
Even then,it could possibly extend into 2 regions.
War can't be averted forever.

As a side note....would black and white Americans finally come together to fight a common enemy?
You should read 1984, it is basically the world you are trying to depict.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
With the tensions rising across the globe, we only need a big enough spark to set it alight.

10:00PM BST 15 Sep 2012

Armada of British naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike - Telegraph
(Sigh)......you know you quoted the wrong part of the article, right?

Quote:
The multi-national naval force in the Gulf includes three US Nimitz class carrier groups, each of which has more aircraft than the entire complement of the Iranian air force.

By Sean Rayment, Defence Correspondent

10:00PM BST 15 Sep 2012

So, Sean Rayment thinks he's a Defence Correspondent.

Whatever.

Let me show you want kind of a stupid moron Sean Rayment really is.

"...three US Nimitz class carrier groups...."

Wrong.

The USS Enterprise is, uh, well, the Enterprise-Class. Should you be frightened that the Enterprise is there? No, because Enterprise is on-rotation and has been since April. Enterprise goes from the Arabian Sea to the Persian Gulf to the Sea of Oman and back to the Arabian Sea ad infinitum ad naseum.

So, what else is there. The USS Eisenhower. Uh, but then I told you all that a few months ago when I debunked another thread.

Eisenhower is a Nimitz-Class -- the 2nd of the line (the first of course being USS Nimitz which is ported and about to be decommissioned -- and yes that is in the defense budget for 2013).

So where's this third Nimitz-Class carrier battle-group?

There isn't one.

USS Vinson, Roosevelt, Reagan and Lincoln are ported. The first three are not going anywhere any time soon. If you can find a US Naval Reserve Air Wing that has been recently qualified, you could send the Lincoln out.

USS Washington is in a Mexican stand-off with the Chinese.

USS Stennis, I think is somewhere off the coast of Hawaii. Now, don't nobody crap their pants, because Stennis is going to relieve Enterprise in the Arabian Sea sometime around November, and Enterprise is going home to be decommissioned.

Just so you know.

So how many "journalists" (snicker) do I own now? Around 47. That's enough for me to start a janitorial service, isn't it? I would say "start a newspaper" but they suck as journalists.

Militarily....

Mircea

Old 09-15-2012, 09:41 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I don't see a WWIII coming. The dispute involves Iran & Israel, and remember Iran is Shiite while most of the Arab world is Sunni. If Israel can conduct a strike to take out Iran's nuke program, wouldn't the rest of the Islamic world be likely to sit on their hands (probably breathe a silent sigh of relief).

Also it seems to me that the Sunni fundmentalist groups have figured out how to thrive under the 'Arab spring' trend and they would not want a huge war, which could upset that particular apple cart.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:42 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
He also made the mistake of saying Battleships as well.
Nevertheless, this war is going to happen one way or the other, and I can see it getting out of hand real quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
(Sigh)......you know you quoted the wrong part of the article, right?

By Sean Rayment, Defence Correspondent

Mircea

Old 09-15-2012, 09:47 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Sorry, but I'm wondering if this is just an attempt to get us on board with voting for the candidate that want's the US to go to war with Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies