Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 11:40 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,884,767 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul is probably the only politician since Jimmy carter that has not lied to the American people, yet he doesnt have a chance of getting elected. The American people want to be lied to. They would rather feel good from being lied to, than to hear brutal, often unbearable truths. Thats why I dont get mad at politicians, rather I am disgusted with the average American. THen after the fact they would rather complain about politicians lying to them. I think it is one big defense mechanism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,506,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Ron Paul is probably the only politician since Jimmy carter that has not lied to the American people, yet he doesnt have a chance of getting elected. The American people want to be lied to. They would rather feel good from being lied to, than to hear brutal, often unbearable truths. Thats why I dont get mad at politicians, rather I am disgusted with the average American. THen after the fact they would rather complain about politicians lying to them. I think it is one big defense mechanism
I tend to agree. People want the easy way. Just like negative ads. The american people say they hate them. Then they go out and listen to them and form their opinions from them. A lot of people say they want to hear both sides of an issue...and some do. But a lot of people are just going to vote one way no matter what. For instance, a lot of people are going to vote for obama no matter what he says or what he does. Most black people will vote for him because he is black but deny that race has anything to do with it. If over 90% of one race, gender,religion, age,etc. is voting for one person on anything, then there is something else at play. Over 90% of blacks voted for obama and say they will vote for him again.
On the flip side, same thing with republicans. Most are going to vote for romney, no matter what. It doesn`t matter who tells the truth. People have been lied to for so long, do any of us really believe what politicians tell us. We only believe what our party tells us.

Democrats believe whatever obama says. They believe he isn`t in cahoots with any big business. They totally disregard all of the millions he has and where it comes from. But they will attack a republican for having money. Republicans will attack dems for flip flopping but excuse it from their own party. This country is becoming more and more divided and only wanting to hear what we want to hear. Look at the middle east. Dems kept saying they hate us because of republicans. If we were only nicer, they would love us. So obama apologizes all over the world and promises we will be a softer more gentler America. Now look at what is happening. The same old thing in the middle east. He was going to be more transparent, get rid of lobbyist, go through bills line by line,blah blah blah. Nothing has changed. But dems find no fault with him and still believe everything he says and just blame the failures on anything else. I`m a believer in that we get the government we deserve. We just think our guy and party can do no wrong and we will defend it to the end. All good things come to an end. All great powers and nations have come to an end. We are no different. We will eventually crumble from within. Maybe not in your children`s lifetime or even your grandkids. But it will happen eventually. Because we have had it good for too long and noone wants to face the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies