Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 06:37 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,006,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
What you view as "extreme side" are the true Christians. The ones who deny Biblical doctrine are either lukewarm or not true Christians.
Possibly. I have met lots and lots of "Christians" in my life who seemed to have no idea of the lessons Christ wanted to impart on us.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:48 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Doubt it - he still writes god with a capital G, likely meaning that he implicitly respects and/or acknowledges that deity. Most people who see it as an abstract concept won't capitalize...

Alas, it seems the only question the OP is asking how you can expect any logical voting from people who base their lives on an illogical set of alleged events that bear no proof in science as we understand it.
I may have misunderstood this does happen

Seems science can't prove God doesn't exist, most certainly not from lack of trying.

I Guess the same could be asked, "how can a person vote for a person of no faith."

Old 09-23-2012, 06:51 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
What gets me is that the OP puts all Christians in the same boat, as if we're all bible thumping superstitious fundamentalists. Like all world religions, Christianity has many, many facets, and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply ignorant.
I guess this is what got me.......I think as long as a leader has respect for all religions voting a non-believer in would work. The only thing I've yet to find a person who doesn't believe in God have "respect" for those who do.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:52 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
None.

You can built a shrine to god, light candles for him, built entire edifices in his honor, spent hours upon hours talking "with" him - and it is all seen as logical, normal, and healthy.

Substitute "god" with another invisible being named "Bob," do the exact same things, and you are considered an absolute lunatic in need of psychiatric help. Go figure.

Where in the Bible does it state the Earth is 6,000 years old?

Old 09-23-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Please explain how fundamentalists have forsake reasonable and logical thought?
The earth being 6,000 years old seems reasonable and logical to you?
Dinosaurs and humans roamed the earth together?
Evolution is just a theory?
You can't make matter out of nothing and nothing always existed. Except god - now we don't care where he came from or who made him.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:53 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I guess this is what got me.......I think as long as a leader has respect for all religions voting a non-believer in would work.
He didn't say that it wouldn't be logical to elect a believer to a public office.

Quote:
The only thing I've yet to find a person who doesn't believe in God have "respect" for those who do.
Many of us used to believe in God. You realize that, right?

I believe that some of the anti-religion comments can go too far and I certainly don't agree with the vehemently anti-religious. Most of us have respect for those who do believe in God.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Where in the Bible does it state the Earth is 6,000 years old?
Ask those who proclaim this nonsense - I am sure they can show you the light. (Although, admittedly, I they have failed to convince me).

Old 09-23-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He didn't say that it wouldn't be logical to vote a believer in.

Many of us used to believe in God. You realize that, right?

I agree that some of the anti-religion comments can go to far but, really, most of us have respect for those who do believe in God.
You nailed it.

+1 (if the system lets me)...

Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
correction..THumpers believe Earth 6000 years old..typo

to a child, and that the Invisible sky God had his son take the form of flesh...well what are these chances that these folks will ever vote for a candidate in a logical, pragmatic manner?
lol.

How dumb does one have to be to not know how to correct a typo in their thread title? And you call that kind of person intellectual?

Not!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
The only thing I've yet to find a person who doesn't believe in God have "respect" for those who do.
You need to get out more. C-D is certainly not a good representation of any decent and/or respectful person. This forum is only used to push extreme viewpoints and incite others - not to be respectful of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies