Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
You need to get out more. C-D is certainly not a good representation of any decent and/or respectful person. This forum is only used to push extreme viewpoints and incite others - not to be respectful of others.
I get out plenty.......... Since we are posting on CD this is what I referenced it to....simple as that!!

Old 09-23-2012, 07:35 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
correction..THumpers believe Earth 6000 years old..typo

to a child, and that the Invisible sky God had his son take the form of flesh...well what are these chances that these folks will ever vote for a candidate in a logical, pragmatic manner?
You know, when people start to make illogical statements like this one you really have to stop and think if they are one of the dullest needles in the box....

Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Respect? People who are atheists have routinely voted for people who are "believers". Has a "believer EVER voted for an atheist?
Since most Presidents are Christian it's been tough to not vote for one..........has there ever been an "Atheist" President candidate? For many this would be voting in an anti-Christ

Last edited by wildflower82; 09-23-2012 at 08:06 PM..

Old 09-23-2012, 07:38 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,882,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Since most Presidents are Christian it's been tough to not vote for one..........has there ever been an "Atheist" President? For many this would be voting in an anti-Christ

So you admit that a "believer" would never vote for an atheist? Thats the point of this thread. Thank you for your intellectual honesty, I didnt expect to find that here!

Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You know, when people start to make illogical statements like this one you really have to stop and think if they are one of the dullest needles in the box....

I agree. Claiming that the earth is 6000 years old is senile in light of all the evidence collected throughout the years. Claiming an invisible sky being had his son take the form of flesh so that he could get nailed to a tree and then fly back in the sky is quite illogical. What I find humorous are those that believe these things are the first to mock the whole 72 virgins concept. Sad....

Old 09-23-2012, 08:08 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
I agree. Claiming that the earth is 6000 years old is senile in light of all the evidence collected throughout the years. Claiming an invisible sky being had his son take the form of flesh so that he could get nailed to a tree and then fly back in the sky is quite illogical. What I find humorous are those that believe these things are the first to mock the whole 72 virgins concept. Sad....

Smittyjohnny38, you seem tremendously ignorant of the Christian faith and how modern history has confirmed Bible prophesy.

Prophesies from more than two thousand years ago were fulfilled when Israel became a nation again June 6, 1948.

The math works out in such a way that one of four possibilities must be true.

The first is that the rebirth of Israel at the time set down in the Book of Daniel is a bizarre and extremely unlikely coincidence.

The second is Axis and Allied powers secretly conspired to make it appear that Bible prophesy was fulfilled at the correct time by organizing and conducting the Jewish Holocaust and by ending WWII and British control of Palestine at just the right time to make it seem that this is what happened.

The third is that the scribes who translated the King James and other versions of the Bible worded the prophesy in question to coincide with the future rebirth of Israel and that they knew when this event would take place because they were either clairvoyant or really good guessers.

The forth possibility is that what is written in the Bible is true even if people from time to time fail to understand it.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:13 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
You do realize that people have many beliefs that others think are ludicrous and by ridiculing them it only shows others just how immature you are....

Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
What is the point of this thread?

You might want to let go of all that negativity.
He's just a chicken **** troll who knows a Christian won't kill him while if he made the same post about Islam he must might end up being stoned and dragged through the streets.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,556,201 times
Quote:
correction..THumpers believe Earth 6000 years old..typo

to a child, and that the Invisible sky God had his son take the form of flesh...well what are these chances that these folks will ever vote for a candidate in a logical, pragmatic manner?
I do not know what type of fallacy but I think you committed one and missed being logical also.

Because some people do not use logic for whatever reason in one area does not mean they do the same in all areas of their lives.

Also, by expressing yourself to people that believe as you describe as Thumpers gives me the perception you are just being demeaning to those you disdain for whatever reason. I do not really feel you are sincerely trying to have an open minded discussion. Take care.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
He's just a chicken **** troll who knows a Christian won't kill him while if he made the same post about Islam he must might end up being stoned and dragged through the streets.

That's very Christian of you. Would you ever vote for an atheist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies