Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Michael Strahan and Wil Smith in no way fit the example of a Minstral. She could have easily chosen Hermain Cain, Allen West, or Jimmie "JJ" Walker. These three fit the modern Minstral that some still like to see on T.V., and they are much better examples heck these guys have their pictures in Wickpedia right next to Amos and Andy.

Yeah this isnt a minstral?

Fresh Prince of Bel Air Intro - YouTube

Allen West a military hero vs a jumping and jiving actor.

You need to buy a dictionary.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
This is a strange post.

Will Smith didn't go to MIT BTW. He was accepted but didn't actually attend.
Quote:
It is untrue, though widely reported, that Smith turned down a scholarship to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT); he never applied to the school,[10] although he was admitted to a "pre-engineering program" there.[9] According to Smith, "My mother, who worked for the School Board of Philadelphia, had a friend who was the admissions officer at MIT. I had pretty high SAT scores and they needed black kids, so I probably could have gotten in. But I had no intention of going to college."
Will Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just setting the record straight.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
That's the reason why Kelly selected that particular black guy. He's silly and goofy. He's like Will Smith. White people love dumb acting, goofy blacks. They feel more "at home" around silly blacks like the 2 above.
There are many other blacks that she could have selected but they had to select a happy go lucky tap dancing black guy.

When will blacks stop trying to win the approval of whites and be yourself for once.
Having humor is a much desired trait that makes one likeable. What is he supposed to do be an ahole all the time and be pissed off at the world. Hell hes probably so "silly and goofy" because he laughs when he looks at his bank account thinking I get paid millions to play a friggen game for a living. lol

Old 10-01-2012, 11:12 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
That's the reason why Kelly selected that particular black guy. He's silly and goofy. He's like Will Smith. White people love dumb acting, goofy blacks. They feel more "at home" around silly blacks like the 2 above.
There are many other blacks that she could have selected but they had to select a happy go lucky tap dancing black guy.

When will blacks stop trying to win the approval of whites and be yourself for once.
Actually it was the viewers who choose Strahan not Kelly. What other "black" guy would you have preffered? Bryant Gumble?

Kelly is quite "goofy" and 'dumb acting" herself but that is part of the appeal of a light hearted morning show. As far as I know Strahan is "himself" which is "human" and he doesn't walk around thinking he's "black" unlike your self obsession with race!

As for Will Smith he has developed into a very good actor. "Six degrees of Seperation"?

PS : Your racism is showing.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Will Smith went to MIT.

Michael Strayhan is not an idiot. I guess if one believed Will Smith and Michael Strayhan are idiots, one has confused a sense of humor with idiocy.
Will smith did not go to MIT LOL.

He claims that he could have gotten in because he knew someone who worked there.

As for the OP...you're crazy. The man marketed himself and got the job. My hat's off to Strahan. He's had a very productive post-NFL career.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:26 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Will Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just setting the record straight.
Ah, thanks!

Sounds like he was admitted to MITES maybe (???). That's a pre-engineering program for kids of color they have at MIT.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yeah this isnt a minstral?

Fresh Prince of Bel Air Intro - YouTube

Allen West a military hero vs a jumping and jiving actor.

You need to buy a dictionary.

A dictionary won't give me names, but nice try and thanks for playing. I respect and honor Allen West's military background, however I don't respect the things he says NOW in present day. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air aired from September 10, 1990, to May 20, 1996. So being consistent I do not look at one event to define a person I look at where they are now and what they are doing presently. Herman Cain was and still is a successful businessman who forgot where he came from. Jimmie "JJ" Walker realized as a comic (certain) people laughed at his act, he carried it over and continued to be laughed at on television (as the original jumping and jiving actor), and now that he says what (certain) people want to hear as a (jumping and jiving) talk radio host he continues his $ellout success. I think these three men are the silly ones because at the end of the day the party they support and do all of this (Jumping and Jiving) for think of them as good __________ers, and nothing more.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
A dictionary won't give me names, but nice try and thanks for playing. I respect and honor Allen West's military background, however I don't respect the things he says NOW in present day. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air aired from September 10, 1990, to May 20, 1996. So being consistent I do not look at one event to define a person I look at where they are now and what they are doing presently. Herman Cain was and still is a successful businessman who forgot where he came from. Jimmie "JJ" Walker realized as a comic (certain) people laughed at his act, he carried it over and continued to be laughed at on television (as the original jumping and jiving actor), and now that he says what (certain) people want to hear as a (jumping and jiving) talk radio host he continues his $ellout success. I think these three men are the silly ones because at the end of the day the party they support and do all of this (Jumping and Jiving) for think of them as good __________ers, and nothing more.
You still don't know what a minstral is do you? LOL

Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You still don't know what a minstral is do you? LOL
Minstrel noun \ˈmin(t)-strəl\
: one of a class of medieval musical entertainers; especially : a singer of verses to the accompaniment of a harp
2. a : musician

b : poet

3. entertainer in variety show: any of a group of entertainers who wore black facial makeup and sang and performed in variety shows, a form of entertainment now usually considered racist and highly offensive (I.E. African American members of the Republican party trying to convince other African Americans to vote republican!!)

Old 10-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Minstrel noun \ˈmin(t)-strəl\
: one of a class of medieval musical entertainers; especially : a singer of verses to the accompaniment of a harp
2. a : musician

b : poet

3. entertainer in variety show: any of a group of entertainers who wore black facial makeup and sang and performed in variety shows, a form of entertainment now usually considered racist and highly offensive (I.E. African American members of the Republican party trying to convince other African Americans to vote republican!!)
I see what you did there

Good that you edumacated yourself though.

Dont see Military hero in there anywhere. Huh guess I was right AGAIN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies