Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,427,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Can you show us a positive economic trend?
Clearly the guy with the SNAP card contract is doing great. He's printing cards by the millions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 05:41 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times
Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbola View Post
That is funny. We Rs are the ones making most of the money.

Nice to know comedy pays well.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:54 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,207,793 times
It certainly doesn't go one way, there are quite a few democrats who do the same thing. They will ignore negative data and jump all over positive data. When Bush was in office I'm sure they did the exact opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
The US gained LESS jobs in September than we did in August and in August we gained LESS jobs than we did in July.

But....it's getting BETTER, eh?
Congratulations, you are exactly what this thread was started about. A perfect example of someone who is so rabidly partisan they will look at anything, like three solid months of job gains, and do what they can to distort it into something negative.

You are the same guy who posts that they don't trust gallup anymore when you see numbers from them you don't like, then turn around and start threads based on Gallup when you do like them.

You are the same guy who implies government figures that seem better as manipulated, then will point to any government stat he can find if it suits his utterly retarded warped-minded political crusade.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 PM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
It certainly doesn't go one way, there are quite a few democrats who do the same thing. They will ignore negative data and jump all over positive data. When Bush was in office I'm sure they did the exact opposite.

Congratulations, you are exactly what this thread was started about. A perfect example of someone who is so rabidly partisan they will look at anything, like three solid months of job gains, and do what they can to distort it into something negative.

You are the same guy who posts that they don't trust gallup anymore when you see numbers from them you don't like, then turn around and start threads based on Gallup when you do like them.

You are the same guy who implies government figures that seem better as manipulated, then will point to any government stat he can find if it suits his utterly retarded warped-minded political crusade.
When we have 43 months in a row with over 8% unemployment, a net loss in the total US workforce, and 46 million people on Food Stamps, I don't see positive trends. When we create even a modest gain of 300,000 a moth for three months, then I'll say I see a positive employment trend, because even 150,000-200,000 a month is just keeping up with new people entering the workforce.

You libs are like dumpster divers who come across an unopened frozen TV dinner, and think its a sign of a new upward trend.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:55 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times
Quote:

You libs are like dumpster divers dying of starvation who come across an unopened frozen TV dinner, and think its a sign of a new upward trend.
Perspective.

Nothing is perfect, but we're addressing the fact that a Republican can find nothing good in any situation other than that which he creates and spins to his benefit.

Nothing created by man is perfect. What Republicans lack in objectivity they more than make up for in negativity.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Clearly a Romneybot...but what else can we expect. Nope not an economist, but then I don't play commentator from outside the US either. Yeah, the data was irrelevant and covered in another thread, try to keep up. This thread has a topic.

I know you love doomsday prognostications, fortunately for us, for as long as you've been spouting them, you've been wrong.

Laughing...at you
Mental midgets everywhere thank you for your kind words and your bolstering of their egos.

You don't play commentator and that's a good thing because you can't seem to remember what you espouse only a few hours before. Alziehiemers patients thank you for your kind words and your bolstering of their egos.

You can dismiss "doomsday" scenarios but if you refute them with nothing, nada, zilch, zero you "gets no daps" my looney friend.

Pushing aside the tactful replies...

BigJon3475

Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,207,793 times
Quote:
You libs are like dumpster divers who come across an unopened frozen TV dinner, and think its a sign of a new upward trend.
I'm not a "lib" but by saying so you certainly do expose how much you are just another political partisan incapable of independent thought, just seeing the world's events in the lights of the political spectrum.

It is sad, really.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Perspective.

Nothing is perfect, but we're addressing the fact that a Republican can find nothing good in any situation other than that which he creates and spins to his benefit.

Nothing created by man is perfect. What Republicans lack in objectivity they more than make up for in negativity.
Objectivity??? Are you looking at the same economic stats that i the rest of us have have read???

We were not at 46 million Food Stamps recipients under Bush!!! 0bama has increased them by 348,000 per month!!!!!!! 0bama has created a fifty year high for people living in poverty, 0bama has 43 months of 8% unemployment!!!!

Wake up!!! Even if we added up every month of unemployment over 8% in this country, from Jan 1950 until Jan 2009 we would not be able to count 43 god damned months. No! 0bama has had the historical landmark of not only have 43 months, but having 43 months of over 8% unemployment in-a-row.

Do you get that!!! We have NOT had this months with of over 8% unemployment even if we added up all the moths for the last 62 years, much less had over 8% UE for 43 in a row. My god man, this economy has many historical milestones. THIS 0BAMA ECONOMY IS HISTORICALLY FREAKING BAD!!!! It's not a hiccup, it's not just kind of, sort of bad, it's historically bad, in many ways it has not been this bad in 50-60 years.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I'm not a "lib" but by saying so you certainly do expose how much you are just another political partisan incapable of independent thought, just seeing the world's events in the lights of the political spectrum.

It is sad, really.
Enlighten me!

First of all, to be a partisan I would need to belong to a political party, which I do not. Sorry, but your stereotype of me is baseless.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,427,366 times
Quote:
Objectivity??? Are you looking at the same economic stats that i the rest of us have have read???

We were not at 46 million Food Stamps recipients under Bush!!! 0bama has increased them by 348,000 per month!!!!!!! 0bama has created a fifty year high for people living in poverty, 0bama has 43 months of 8% unemployment!!!!

Wake up!!! Even if we added up every month of unemployment over 8% in this country, from Jan 1950 until Jan 2009 we would not be able to count 43 god damned months. No! 0bama has had the historical landmark of not only have 43 months, but having 43 months of over 8% unemployment in-a-row.

Do you get that!!! We have NOT had this months with of over 8% unemployment even if we added up all the moths for the last 62 years, much less had over 8% UE for 43 in a row. My god man, this economy has many historical milestones. THIS 0BAMA ECONOMY IS HISTORICALLY FREAKING BAD!!!! It's not a hiccup, it's not just kind of, sort of bad, it's historically bad, in many ways it has not been this bad in 50-60 years.
Facts are pointless to the brainwashed. If we ended food stamps and had people lined up at food kitchens, it would literally be worse than the depression. Those cute little SNAP cards help mask the true extent of the economic damage he's done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies